Nikon launches AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105MM F/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens
Nikon today has launched the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm F/3.5-5.6G ED VR zoom lens. This lens incorporates features such as Nikon's Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass, Silent Wave Motor technology (SWM) and Enhanced Vibration Reduction (VR II) and will be supplied as the kit lens with the Nikon D90.
NIKON LAUNCHES AF-S DX NIKKOR
18-105MM F/3.5-5.6G ED VR
27th August 2008: Nikon UK is pleased to announce the introduction of the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105MM F/3.5-5.6G ED VR. The new NIKKOR lens, with a focal length between 18 and 105 mm, is a high performance and cost efficient lens with a focal length equivalent to 27 to 157.5 mm in 35 mm format that has been designed to partner with Nikon’s D90.
High Performance – High Reproduction
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105MM F/3.5-5.6G ED VR is useful in a broad range of shooting settings. The wide zoom range makes it suitable for shooting buildings and scenery while the telephoto zoom range is ideal for portraits. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105MM F/3.5-5.6G ED VR ’s built-in Vibration Reduction II system provides the equivalent of a shutter speed three stops faster than standard lenses, offering an extraordinarily high reproduction capacity. The high-performance optical system features a single ED glass element and one aspherical lens optimized for use for digital SLRs. This allows you to make high resolution, high contrast images, and minimising chromatic aberration. The ultra-compact built-in Silent Wave Motor ensures silent, fast and efficient autofocus operation, and the refined external design with leather-tone texture will appeal to Nikon users as it will match their camera bodies.
Extreme Focal Length
DX camera owners can have it all. Combined with the AF-S VR Zoom NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED; the two VR lenses cover a focal length of 18-450mm, ensuring you can capture virtually anything, from a close up object to a distant horizon.
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105MM F/3.5-5.6G ED VR is supplied with the Nikon D90 in a special kit
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Major Features
- DX-format, high-power 5.8x zoom lens with focal length ranging from 18 to 105mm
- Broad picture angle range approximates the perspective of a 27-157.5mm lens on a 35mm-format film camera or Nikon FX-format digital SLR
- Covers diverse shooting situations from wide-angle landscapes and interiors to portraiture and medium-range sports
- Vibration Reduction assures sharper handheld pictures while shooting at shutter speeds up to three stops slower than would otherwise be possible
- Built-in Silent Wave Motor delivers quiet, swift autofocus with superior accuracy
- High-performance optical system featuring an ED glass element and an aspherical lens element realizes superior image reproduction capability
- The rounded 7-blade diaphragm opening renders out-of-focus elements more naturally
- Leather texture matches Nikon digital SLR’s body high-quality exterior design
|Lens construction||15 elements in 11 groups (with one ED glass and one hybrid a-spherical lens)|
|Picture angle||76° , 15°20’ (DX-format)|
|Minimum focus distance||0.45 m|
|Max. reproduction ratio||0.2x (1/5)|
|No. diaphragm blades||7 (rounded)|
|Focusing||Autofocus with built-in SWM and manual focus|
|Diameter x length||Approx. φ76-89 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 450 g|
Aug 25, 2011
Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011