Nikon UK launches Coolpix L320 superzoom, US announces Coolpix S3500
Nikon Europe has announced the Coolpix L320 CCD-based superzoom, while Nikon USA has announced the Coolpix S3500. The 16MP L320 features a 22.5–585mm equiv. zoom lens, 3.0" LCD, 720p HD recording and runs on two AA batteries. It will be available from the end of this month at a retail price of around £199.99. Nikon USA has announced the Coolpix S3500, revealed last week in Europe.
Nikon’s new super-zoom COOLPIX L320
- High-power NIKKOR 26x zoom lens (22.5–585mm): with extreme wide-angle to super-telephoto coverage. From sweeping vistas to distant action, enjoy the freedom to capture it all.
- Easy operation: enjoy effortless shooting with easy-to-reach control buttons and Easy Auto mode, which optimizes all settings according to the light in which you are shooting.
- 16 MP CCD image sensor: designed to capture outstandingly detailed images, make creative image crops and produce superb poster-size enlargements.
- Crisp HD video recording: a dedicated movie-record button makes it easy to begin recording.
- 7.5-cm (3.0-in.) 230k-dot LCD screen: whether you shoot in bright sunlight or in low light, the large, high-resolution LCD monitor with wide viewing angle and anti-reflective coating offers clear shooting and playback.
- Anti-blur technology: Lens-shift VR (vibration reduction) counters the effects of camera shake; High ISO (up to 1600) light sensitivity for sharper images in low light; Motion detection compensates for camera and subject movement; and Best shot selector (BSS) selects the sharpest of up to ten sequential shots.
- Smart portrait system: snap perfect portraits every time. Smile timer takes the shot when your subject smiles; Blink proof alerts you when someone’s eyes were closed; Skin softening adjusts uneven skin tones for smoother-looking skin; and Red-eye Fix corrects false eye colour due to the flash.
- 18 scene modes: automatically optimize the camera settings for popular photographic styles, effects and locations. Achieve great shots by simply selecting the mode that matches your situation.
- AA-size batteries: powered by four AA-size batteries, readily available across the world.
- EXPEED C2 image processing system: provides enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.
- Wireless transfer: compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards. Transmit your digital photos (in JPEG format) directly to your smart device or personal computer and take advantage of Nikon’s online photo sharing service, Nikon Image Space.
Sony is the world's leading mirrorless camera brand but remains third for ILCs overall, it's said in a presentation to investors. A focus on high value cameras and lenses should boost operating income, it says. Read more
It's nicknamed the 'Cycloptic Mustard Monster,' and is a 3D printed medium format camera. Read more
The new NanGuang LED lights are battery powered and come with accessories including filters and diffusers.
Have you been telling yourself, "Hey, I really need one of those 8K displays?" A video about Dell's new 8K monitor shows you what to expect. Is it really that much better?
Tamara Lackey, a Nikon ambassador USA and pro shooter, discusses embracing self-consciousness as a means of connecting with subjects.
There's a new Spiderman movie coming out and the poster been generating a lot of online chatter. Mostly about how it looks like the creation of a fevered teenager that just discovered Photoshop.
An honest defense of the system's merits, with photos as proof.
Copyright disputes are no fun at all. 'Binded' is a new startup that aims to simplify the process of registering - and enforcing - copyright for photographers. Read more
Not everyone wants to pay a premium for a long zoom camera. Thankfully, there are many reasonably priced cameras available, though they won't offer the same image quality as enthusiast models. In this updated roundup we look at big zoom cameras with more consumer-friendly price tags. Read more
Think Tank Photo has updated two of its popular bag lines with improvements to functionality. Read more
We’ve all seen Bob Jackson’s Pulitzer Prize winning photo, but there's another.
The sample footage looks good.
It will automatically pick the best camera settings depending on shooting conditions. It even promises enhanced functionality for your camera, like exposure and focus stacking. It already supports many cameras from Canon, Fuji, Nikon and Sony. Read more
As if $13,950 wasn’t enough to pay for a special edition lens, the Leica Store in San Francisco is offering a prototype of said lens for $24,995. Read more
Make those old photos disappear without deleting them forever.
Firmware updates enable 10 fps shooting with adapted A-mount lenses, and faster startup times and better compatibility for 20 fps shooting when using native lenses on the a9.
Fujifilm has released firmware updates for its camera models X-T2, X-Pro2, GFX 50s, X-T20, X100F and X-T1 and updates to three of its software products.
A 22 year-old Romanian photographer uses his DJI Phantom 4 drone to capture unique perspectives of the city where he now lives.
What's it like to ride the waves with champion surfer Kelly Slater? This VR video from Teton Gravity Research gives you a taste.
When Nikon released the full-frame D3 in 2007, it changed the professional photography industry. In this week's Throwback Thursday, Barney remembers a legend. Read more
The new stuff should have better red hues, improved sensitivity and finer grain - but don't worry - will still shift blues to green, greens to purple and yellows to pink.
Ricoh has introduced a new rugged compact camera with a 16MP CMOS sensor, 28-140mm lens, 2.7" LCD and built-in LED macro lights. Read more
This compact drone can shoot HD video using a 2-axis stabilized 12MP camera. Read more
The new Prynt Pocket can print a photo directly from their iPhone simply by inserting the phone into the printer, then snapping a photo. Each print will cost about 50 cents. Read more
Updates for Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom CC bring support for the Sony A9 and Panasonic ZS70/TZ90, along with bug fixes.
The Triggertrap remote camera control system is no longer sold due to the company folding, but now users will be able to build their own. Read more
The Magic Format Converter comes with internal optics that expand the image circle of full-frame DSLR lenses for use on the Fuji medium format camera. Read more
The usually Apple-exclusive MacPhun software developer has announced that it will introduce PC versions of two of its most popular applications. Both Aurora HDR and Luminar should be available for the Windows operating system by the autumn of this year. Read more
Sony's newest G Master telephoto zoom, announced alongside the a9, is the first of the company's FE lenses to reach 400mm natively. We had one in California and photographed horses, portraits, and landscapes - check out how it did. Read more
Garmin has entered the 360-camera market with the VIRB, which captures 5.7K video at 30p as well as 15MP stills. Read more