Nikon UK launches Coolpix L320 superzoom, US announces Coolpix S3500
Nikon Europe has announced the Coolpix L320 CCD-based superzoom, while Nikon USA has announced the Coolpix S3500. The 16MP L320 features a 22.5–585mm equiv. zoom lens, 3.0" LCD, 720p HD recording and runs on two AA batteries. It will be available from the end of this month at a retail price of around £199.99. Nikon USA has announced the Coolpix S3500, revealed last week in Europe.
Nikon’s new super-zoom COOLPIX L320
- High-power NIKKOR 26x zoom lens (22.5–585mm): with extreme wide-angle to super-telephoto coverage. From sweeping vistas to distant action, enjoy the freedom to capture it all.
- Easy operation: enjoy effortless shooting with easy-to-reach control buttons and Easy Auto mode, which optimizes all settings according to the light in which you are shooting.
- 16 MP CCD image sensor: designed to capture outstandingly detailed images, make creative image crops and produce superb poster-size enlargements.
- Crisp HD video recording: a dedicated movie-record button makes it easy to begin recording.
- 7.5-cm (3.0-in.) 230k-dot LCD screen: whether you shoot in bright sunlight or in low light, the large, high-resolution LCD monitor with wide viewing angle and anti-reflective coating offers clear shooting and playback.
- Anti-blur technology: Lens-shift VR (vibration reduction) counters the effects of camera shake; High ISO (up to 1600) light sensitivity for sharper images in low light; Motion detection compensates for camera and subject movement; and Best shot selector (BSS) selects the sharpest of up to ten sequential shots.
- Smart portrait system: snap perfect portraits every time. Smile timer takes the shot when your subject smiles; Blink proof alerts you when someone’s eyes were closed; Skin softening adjusts uneven skin tones for smoother-looking skin; and Red-eye Fix corrects false eye colour due to the flash.
- 18 scene modes: automatically optimize the camera settings for popular photographic styles, effects and locations. Achieve great shots by simply selecting the mode that matches your situation.
- AA-size batteries: powered by four AA-size batteries, readily available across the world.
- EXPEED C2 image processing system: provides enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.
- Wireless transfer: compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards. Transmit your digital photos (in JPEG format) directly to your smart device or personal computer and take advantage of Nikon’s online photo sharing service, Nikon Image Space.
|Waffles with fruits by Coolinarka|
from Food photography (desserts)
|Vestrahorn Frozen Reflection by Will B Milner|
from Ice cold
Google has updated its Photos mobile apps to support the recently announced service for creating and printing physical photo books.
Europeana Photography is a new online image archive that includes more than 2 million historical photographs from European collections in 34 countries, covering the first 100 years of photography. Read more
Manufacturers love to state CRI (color rendering index) numbers to prove that their LED lights will provide great color, but a single CRI score doesn't tell the whole story.
NASA's Juno spacecraft is sending back its first images from Jovean orbit, and they're beautiful. Read more
We got our hands on the first zoom lens available for Fujifim's new digital medium format system. Check out the samples
As summer really gets going over here in the Northern hemisphere, the team at Imaging Resource has put together a list of the best cameras for backpacking.
The Ukrainian Parliament banned statues of Lenin in 2015. Two years later, the monuments no longer adorn public buildings or stand watch over town squares, but they're still there.
If you had to choose one camera to bring along for the ultimate West coast road trip, what would it be? DPR's Sam Spencer choose the X100F. Read more
The a9 boasts impressive capability. As more examples of it in practice pour in, Sony's claims hold up. Watch the a9 track and maintain focus on a rapidly approaching basketball.
Last week, more than a million tonnes of Californian coastline slid into the ocean, taking part of Highway 1 with it. Check out the remodeling in photos taken before and after the landslide.
Even after eighteen months of reviewing the latest, greatest, shiniest and must-buy-me-est new gear, DPReview staffer Carey Rose has continued to use older DSLR cameras for his freelance work. But now, that might be changing. Read more
Sony is the world's leading mirrorless camera brand but remains third for ILCs overall, it's said in a presentation to investors. A focus on high value cameras and lenses should boost operating income, it says. Read more
It's nicknamed the 'Cycloptic Mustard Monster,' and is a 3D printed medium format camera. Read more
The new NanGuang LED lights are battery powered and come with accessories including filters and diffusers.
Have you been telling yourself, "Hey, I really need one of those 8K displays?" A video about Dell's new 8K monitor shows you what to expect. Is it really that much better?
Tamara Lackey, a Nikon ambassador USA and pro shooter, discusses embracing self-consciousness as a means of connecting with subjects.
There's a new Spiderman movie coming out and the poster been generating a lot of online chatter. Mostly about how it looks like the creation of a fevered teenager that just discovered Photoshop.
An honest defense of the system's merits, with photos as proof.
Copyright disputes are no fun at all. 'Binded' is a new startup that aims to simplify the process of registering - and enforcing - copyright for photographers. Read more
Not everyone wants to pay a premium for a long zoom camera. Thankfully, there are many reasonably priced cameras available, though they won't offer the same image quality as enthusiast models. In this updated roundup we look at big zoom cameras with more consumer-friendly price tags. Read more
Think Tank Photo has updated two of its popular bag lines with improvements to functionality. Read more
We’ve all seen Bob Jackson’s Pulitzer Prize winning photo, but there's another.
The sample footage looks good.
It will automatically pick the best camera settings depending on shooting conditions. It even promises enhanced functionality for your camera, like exposure and focus stacking. It already supports many cameras from Canon, Fuji, Nikon and Sony. Read more
As if $13,950 wasn’t enough to pay for a special edition lens, the Leica Store in San Francisco is offering a prototype of said lens for $24,995. Read more
Make those old photos disappear without deleting them forever.
Firmware updates enable 10 fps shooting with adapted A-mount lenses, and faster startup times and better compatibility for 20 fps shooting when using native lenses on the a9.
Fujifilm has released firmware updates for its camera models X-T2, X-Pro2, GFX 50s, X-T20, X100F and X-T1 and updates to three of its software products.
A 22 year-old Romanian photographer uses his DJI Phantom 4 drone to capture unique perspectives of the city where he now lives.
What's it like to ride the waves with champion surfer Kelly Slater? This VR video from Teton Gravity Research gives you a taste.