Nikon UK launches Coolpix L320 superzoom, US announces Coolpix S3500
Nikon Europe has announced the Coolpix L320 CCD-based superzoom, while Nikon USA has announced the Coolpix S3500. The 16MP L320 features a 22.5–585mm equiv. zoom lens, 3.0" LCD, 720p HD recording and runs on two AA batteries. It will be available from the end of this month at a retail price of around £199.99. Nikon USA has announced the Coolpix S3500, revealed last week in Europe.
Nikon’s new super-zoom COOLPIX L320
- High-power NIKKOR 26x zoom lens (22.5–585mm): with extreme wide-angle to super-telephoto coverage. From sweeping vistas to distant action, enjoy the freedom to capture it all.
- Easy operation: enjoy effortless shooting with easy-to-reach control buttons and Easy Auto mode, which optimizes all settings according to the light in which you are shooting.
- 16 MP CCD image sensor: designed to capture outstandingly detailed images, make creative image crops and produce superb poster-size enlargements.
- Crisp HD video recording: a dedicated movie-record button makes it easy to begin recording.
- 7.5-cm (3.0-in.) 230k-dot LCD screen: whether you shoot in bright sunlight or in low light, the large, high-resolution LCD monitor with wide viewing angle and anti-reflective coating offers clear shooting and playback.
- Anti-blur technology: Lens-shift VR (vibration reduction) counters the effects of camera shake; High ISO (up to 1600) light sensitivity for sharper images in low light; Motion detection compensates for camera and subject movement; and Best shot selector (BSS) selects the sharpest of up to ten sequential shots.
- Smart portrait system: snap perfect portraits every time. Smile timer takes the shot when your subject smiles; Blink proof alerts you when someone’s eyes were closed; Skin softening adjusts uneven skin tones for smoother-looking skin; and Red-eye Fix corrects false eye colour due to the flash.
- 18 scene modes: automatically optimize the camera settings for popular photographic styles, effects and locations. Achieve great shots by simply selecting the mode that matches your situation.
- AA-size batteries: powered by four AA-size batteries, readily available across the world.
- EXPEED C2 image processing system: provides enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.
- Wireless transfer: compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards. Transmit your digital photos (in JPEG format) directly to your smart device or personal computer and take advantage of Nikon’s online photo sharing service, Nikon Image Space.
|Madrid subway by MAGMATCICO62|
from Your City - Public Transport
|Incandescent Bulb by Kukla|
from Illuminate- Macro only
|Curiousity by PERCY2|
from Macro - Your Best Macro Ever
|Hoar Frosted Trees by sabishiT3T|
There's never been a better time to shop for a new camera, but the number of options available can be overwhelming. In this series of buying guides we've provided customized recommendations for several use cases, from shooting landscapes to buying a first camera for a student photographer.
Shopping for a camera with a set budget? No problem! We've rounded up our favorite cameras, broken them into price brackets and picked the best of the bunch.
Looking for a lightweight compact camera that's easy to bring with you anywhere? Or maybe you're smartphone-shopping and want the one that takes the best picture. And what if you want to shoot from above? In these buyers guides we have recommendations for the best compact cameras, smartphones and drones.
Despite reports to the contrary, analysis of DPReview images by our friend Jim Kasson confirms a disappointing fact: Sony a7R III is still a Star Eater. But there may be some improvements.
As the saying goes: A photo is worth a thousand words. And if you're sending that photo through Facebook Messenger, your thousand words now look twice as nice after today's update to 4K resolution.
Get to know the new Leica CL in short order by giving our 90 second 'First look' video a watch.
Leica has just released the CL, the forth in its series of APS-C L-mount cameras. Despite sharing a name with a camera released in the mid-70s, the new CL is a thoroughly modern ILC, with a 24MP sensor and built-in electronic viewfinder.
The Leica CL is a 24MP rangefinder-style mirrorless camera, which sits alongside the TL2 in the company's APS-C lineup. We've been using one for a few days – check out our gallery of images.
While it shares a name with one of Leica's most popular and affordable cameras of the 1970s, the new CL is separated from its namesake by more than just years. We've been using one for a few days - click through for a detailed first-impressions report.
We're counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017, and the #4 ranking goes to the Leica M10.
Sigma is discounting 13 different high-performance 'Art' series lenses from today until November 30th. The company is calling it an 'unprecedented' sale.
See DJI's 'AeroScope' drone-tracking technology in action. This is the system that DJI says can help law enforcement and airport (among others) track and identify rogue drones.
iPhone X owners can already accessorize their new phone with high-quality smartphone photography lenses courtesy of Moment's new lineup.
Considering buying Sigma's exciting new 16mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary lens for crop-sensor E-Mount and M43? Check out these official full-res samples first!
Vimeo has just added support for 8K HDR 10-bit content, making it possible to show up to 75% of the colors the human eye can perceive vs the usual 35%. Take THAT YouTube.
The holidays are coming, but your gear isn't cutting it? It's time to treat yourself!
We're counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017, and sitting pretty at #5 is the Fujifilm X-T20.
See some of the most iconic black-and-white photographs throughout history brought to life by a community of colorization enthusiasts and professional retouchers in the new book Retrographic.
Shopping for a photographer? Whether you are one yourself or not, chances are you could use some ideas. From stocking stuffers on up, we've got some photography gift suggestions for every budget.
We're counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017. Drum roll please... the #6 spot belongs to none other than the Sigma 85mm F1.4 DH HSM Art.
Read the story behind this gorgeous wedding photo captured at Trolltunga in Norway by husband and wife duo Priscila Valentina Photography. The 14 hour hike in the rain that preceded this shot was TOTALLY worth it.
Go behind the scenes with filmmaker Nick Arcivos, who recently created a beautiful cinematic short film in Paris using only the iPhone X, a couple of gimbals, and a few lights. The results are very impressive.
A Bay Area startup offering a pay-by-the-photo camera service cleverly addresses the pain points photographers experience when they pick up their first DSLR. But can it survive the smartphone?
It's been a big year for software innovations, dual cameras and huge displays. Take a look at our picks for the top smartphone cameras and why we think they stand out.
We're counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017. At the #7 spot is the ready-for-any-weather Olympus Tough TG-5.
By combining his skills as a time-lapse filmmaker and an engineer, Julian Tryba created this out-of-this-world creative 'layer-lapse' of New York City that alternates between night and day in time with the music.
Canon Japan's new lineup of novelty camera-themed gifts was just revealed online, including a lens mug and lens thermos, two retro camera-themed USB drives, and a picnic mat.
The Profoto A1 most certainly isn’t for everyone [...] But for those who are used to using the Profoto systems, and want something that pairs seamlessly with the strobes you already have, there is no better companion.
Fujifilm has asked a US district court to clear it of any wrongdoing, after allegedly being threatened with trademark litigation by Polaroid.
While a couple of our reviewers are out testing the Sony a7R III in Arizona, back in Seattle we slapped the camera in front of our studio scene to get a close look at its image quality. See how it stacks up against the competition.