Nikon UK launches Coolpix L320 superzoom, US announces Coolpix S3500
Nikon Europe has announced the Coolpix L320 CCD-based superzoom, while Nikon USA has announced the Coolpix S3500. The 16MP L320 features a 22.5–585mm equiv. zoom lens, 3.0" LCD, 720p HD recording and runs on two AA batteries. It will be available from the end of this month at a retail price of around £199.99. Nikon USA has announced the Coolpix S3500, revealed last week in Europe.
Nikon’s new super-zoom COOLPIX L320
- High-power NIKKOR 26x zoom lens (22.5–585mm): with extreme wide-angle to super-telephoto coverage. From sweeping vistas to distant action, enjoy the freedom to capture it all.
- Easy operation: enjoy effortless shooting with easy-to-reach control buttons and Easy Auto mode, which optimizes all settings according to the light in which you are shooting.
- 16 MP CCD image sensor: designed to capture outstandingly detailed images, make creative image crops and produce superb poster-size enlargements.
- Crisp HD video recording: a dedicated movie-record button makes it easy to begin recording.
- 7.5-cm (3.0-in.) 230k-dot LCD screen: whether you shoot in bright sunlight or in low light, the large, high-resolution LCD monitor with wide viewing angle and anti-reflective coating offers clear shooting and playback.
- Anti-blur technology: Lens-shift VR (vibration reduction) counters the effects of camera shake; High ISO (up to 1600) light sensitivity for sharper images in low light; Motion detection compensates for camera and subject movement; and Best shot selector (BSS) selects the sharpest of up to ten sequential shots.
- Smart portrait system: snap perfect portraits every time. Smile timer takes the shot when your subject smiles; Blink proof alerts you when someone’s eyes were closed; Skin softening adjusts uneven skin tones for smoother-looking skin; and Red-eye Fix corrects false eye colour due to the flash.
- 18 scene modes: automatically optimize the camera settings for popular photographic styles, effects and locations. Achieve great shots by simply selecting the mode that matches your situation.
- AA-size batteries: powered by four AA-size batteries, readily available across the world.
- EXPEED C2 image processing system: provides enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.
- Wireless transfer: compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards. Transmit your digital photos (in JPEG format) directly to your smart device or personal computer and take advantage of Nikon’s online photo sharing service, Nikon Image Space.
Read the story behind this gorgeous wedding photo captured at Trolltunga in Norway by husband and wife duo Priscila Valentina Photography. The 14 hour hike in the rain that preceded this shot was TOTALLY worth it.
Go behind the scenes with filmmaker Nick Arcivos, who recently created a beautiful cinematic short film in Paris using only the iPhone X, a couple of gimbals, and a few lights. The results are very impressive.
A Bay Area startup offering a pay-by-the-photo camera service cleverly addresses the pain points photographers experience when they pick up their first DSLR. But can it survive the smartphone?
It's been a big year for software innovations, dual cameras and huge displays. Take a look at our picks for the top smartphone cameras and why we think they stand out.
We're counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017. At the #7 spot is the ready-for-any-weather Olympus Tough TG-5.
By combining his skills as a time-lapse filmmaker and an engineer, Julian Tryba created this out-of-this-world creative 'layer-lapse' of New York City that alternates between night and day in time with the music.
Canon Japan's new lineup of novelty camera-themed gifts was just revealed online, including a lens mug and lens thermos, two retro camera-themed USB drives, and a picnic mat.
The Profoto A1 most certainly isn’t for everyone [...] But for those who are used to using the Profoto systems, and want something that pairs seamlessly with the strobes you already have, there is no better companion.
Fujifilm has asked a US district court to clear it of any wrongdoing, after allegedly being threatened with trademark litigation by Polaroid.
While a couple of our reviewers are out testing the Sony a7R III in Arizona, back in Seattle we slapped the camera in front of our studio scene to get a close look at its image quality. See how it stacks up against the competition.
We're counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017, and the #8 ranking belongs to the Nikon D7500.
B+W has announced a new aluminum filter holder that offers three slots so users can use multiple filters at the same time. The holder goes with the 2mm thick 100mm square filters it launched earlier this year.
8K video is coming a lot faster than you think, and Blackmagic is ready for it. Meet the DeckLink 8K Pro, a new high performance PCI-E capture and playback card built to handle 'real time high resolution 8K workflows.'
"Glass is everywhere in photography. From Eugène Atget’s reflective vitrines to Lee Friedlander’s sly self-portraiture, photographers have long been in thrall to the visual complications glass can inject into a composition."
Former Apple Aperture lead developer Nik Bhatt has designed an iOS app called RAW Power that lets you edit raw photos from your professional camera using your phone and tablet.... color us intrigued.
Advertising photographer Blair Bunting got his hands on the new Microsoft Surface Book 2, and it blew him away. Bye bye MacBook Pro...
The OnePlus 5T retains many of the 5's features and specs, but comes with an edge-to-edge display and a dual-camera that is optimized for low light.
Sony's recently announced IMX461 backside illuminated medium format sensor will bring 100MP resolution and almost 2x the speed to the next-gen Fuji GFX and Hasselblad X1D.
With the ‘Rent a Hasselblad’ camera equipment renting program, the camera makers is aiming to give enthusiast and professional photographers easier access to its medium-format photography products.
They say seeing is believing, and that's exactly what happened when one DPR staffer took the Google Pixel 2 out for an afternoon shooting under challenging conditions.
We're counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017. At the #9 spot we have the Fujifilm GFX 50S, a medium-format camera that took CP+ 2017 by storm.
Instagram is testing a new feature that lets you follow hashtags in addition to people, making it possible to keep track of your favorite #landscapes or #portraits without leaving your home feed.
Despite the gigantic volume of second hand film bodies in existence, it seems there is still a demand for new 35mm SLRs with a retro feel. The latest is a remake of the Ihagee Elbaflex from the 1960s, but with a Nikon F mount.
The Polaroid Insta-Share Moto Mod straps an instant printer directly to your Moto Z smartphone, so you can print your photos as soon as you've captured them.
The Mitakon Speedmaster 135mm F1.4 lens is being relaunched in 7 different mounts, including: Sony A, Sony E, Canon EF, Nikon F, Fujifilm G, Pentax K, and Leica L. Got an extra three grand lying around?
In January, Kodak announced it would bring back the beloved slide film Ektachrome. The timeline has been pushed back a bit, but Kodak says you can expect to purchase Ektachrome again in 2018.
Instagram popularity is threatening some of the most beautiful landscapes in the US, as hordes of 'nature lovers' trample over the same spots over and over again in search of the same exact shot.
You’d have to be pretty brave to immerse your $50K RED cinema camera underwater. But if you've got the guts, Gates just released a new housing you can be pretty sure won't wreck your unbelievably expensive toy.
Adobe has released a 'Lightroom Downloader' app for Windows 10 and macOS High Sierra that allows you to download all of your images from the Adobe Cloud, all at once.
After releasing a popular 4K action cam and an affordable mirrorless M43 camera, Chinese camera maker YI is diving into yet another market: 360° VR. Meet the YI 360 VR: a powerful little two-lens camera that can shoot and stream in 4K.