Nikon UK launches Coolpix L320 superzoom, US announces Coolpix S3500
Nikon Europe has announced the Coolpix L320 CCD-based superzoom, while Nikon USA has announced the Coolpix S3500. The 16MP L320 features a 22.5–585mm equiv. zoom lens, 3.0" LCD, 720p HD recording and runs on two AA batteries. It will be available from the end of this month at a retail price of around £199.99. Nikon USA has announced the Coolpix S3500, revealed last week in Europe.
Nikon’s new super-zoom COOLPIX L320
- High-power NIKKOR 26x zoom lens (22.5–585mm): with extreme wide-angle to super-telephoto coverage. From sweeping vistas to distant action, enjoy the freedom to capture it all.
- Easy operation: enjoy effortless shooting with easy-to-reach control buttons and Easy Auto mode, which optimizes all settings according to the light in which you are shooting.
- 16 MP CCD image sensor: designed to capture outstandingly detailed images, make creative image crops and produce superb poster-size enlargements.
- Crisp HD video recording: a dedicated movie-record button makes it easy to begin recording.
- 7.5-cm (3.0-in.) 230k-dot LCD screen: whether you shoot in bright sunlight or in low light, the large, high-resolution LCD monitor with wide viewing angle and anti-reflective coating offers clear shooting and playback.
- Anti-blur technology: Lens-shift VR (vibration reduction) counters the effects of camera shake; High ISO (up to 1600) light sensitivity for sharper images in low light; Motion detection compensates for camera and subject movement; and Best shot selector (BSS) selects the sharpest of up to ten sequential shots.
- Smart portrait system: snap perfect portraits every time. Smile timer takes the shot when your subject smiles; Blink proof alerts you when someone’s eyes were closed; Skin softening adjusts uneven skin tones for smoother-looking skin; and Red-eye Fix corrects false eye colour due to the flash.
- 18 scene modes: automatically optimize the camera settings for popular photographic styles, effects and locations. Achieve great shots by simply selecting the mode that matches your situation.
- AA-size batteries: powered by four AA-size batteries, readily available across the world.
- EXPEED C2 image processing system: provides enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.
- Wireless transfer: compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards. Transmit your digital photos (in JPEG format) directly to your smart device or personal computer and take advantage of Nikon’s online photo sharing service, Nikon Image Space.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%