Pre-Photokina 2008: Pentax has launched the AF160FC dedicated auto macro flash for shadowless macro flash photography. It is designed to work with the P-TTL, TTL and Manual flash modes of PENTAX DSLRs and includes features like contrast-control auto flash, ISO range of 100-6400 and guide number of 16 at 100 ISO.
PENTAX AF160FC — New auto macro flash designed for use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras
September 22, 2008: PENTAX U.K. is pleased to announce the launch of the PENTAX AF160FC dedicated auto macro flash. This new accessory flash unit utilises the automatic exposure-control system of PENTAX digital SLR cameras and has been specifically designed for advanced close-up shots.
- Uniform lighting on the subject to minimise unwanted shadows, making it ideal for close-up shots
- P-TTL auto flash system to consistently ensure correct exposure levels, by measuring the flash’s pre-discharge with the camera’s image sensors and assessing the subject’s lighting condition with the camera’s multi-pattern metering system;
- Maximum guide number of 16 (at ISO 100/m);
- User-friendly operation with a single control dial on the back panel to simplify flash-mode changes and discharge-level adjustments;
- Advanced flash applications, including contrast-control auto flash and independent switching between two flash bulbs.
16 max. (at ISO 100/m)
|Discharge Angles||60 degrees horizontally/vertically|
|Flash Modes|| P-TTL (TTL corrective auto flash)
TTL (TTL auto flash)
M (Manual flash at full, 1/4 and 1/16 discharge Levels)
ISO 100 to ISO 6400
Flash exposure compensation
|+0.5 EV, -0.5 EV, -1EV|
|Power|| 4 AA-size alkaline. Lithium or Ni-MH batteries|
|Weight (no batt)||405 g|
Flash unit: 113 mm (diameter) x 29.5 mm (depth)
|Black on White by RaVN11|
|Hummingbird and Bee by dibilio57|
from A Big Year - birds
|xheneta iseni _for DPReview by Mike Slade|
from - My Fair Lady - (Portraits in Full Colours Only + A Border)