ThinkTank introduces new 'Airport Roller Derby' bag
If you want to bring the intensity of a full contact sport to the way you transport your camera gear, ThinkTank's new Airport Roller Derby bag may interest you. It's a large rolling bag built to accommodate a 15-inch laptop, up to two standard DSLRs with lenses attached and six to seven standard zoom lenses or strobes. With four dual wheels it will roll upright, tilted back or on its side. ThinkTank claims the Airport Roller Derby meets 'US domestic and most international carry-on requirements,' but recommends checking with individual airlines for requirements. The bag is listed on ThinkTank's site for $389.75 (we'll update with European pricing when it's available).
To bring it all home, ThinkTank released this video of sports photographer Kelly Cox using the bag on her way to shoot... you guessed it, roller derby.
Photographers Skate Between Obstacles with Think Tank’s Airport Roller Derby Camera Bag
Four dual wheel sets provide three ways to roll
SANTA ROSA, Calif. – Ideal for travel, weddings and on-location assignments, Think Tank’s new Airport Roller Derby enables photographers to maneuver nimbly through crowded spaces and to minimize muscle fatigue. The four dual wheel sets (8 wheels) provide three ways to roll: upright at your side, tilt it to roll on its back wheels, or tilt it on its side wheels to roll through narrow airplane aisles.
This high-capacity carry-on camera bag's weight distribution allows for easily transporting a 15” laptop in its own dedicated pocket, along with two standard DSLRs, a tripod, and multiple lenses and strobes. Its travel-ready security features including a lock & cable and lockable zippers to tether the bag for domestic and international travel.
"When designing the Airport Roller Derby we first listened to feedback from working professionals about the features they most desired in a rolling camera bag," said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank’s president and lead designer. "Overwhelmingly they told us that they wanted a rolling bag that held their photography gear and laptop, while allowing them to navigate tight spaces such as terminals and aircraft. The Airport Roller Derby delivers on all counts with optimum navigation, ergonomic design, superior organization, and premium materials that are the hallmarks of Think Tank's products."
- Four dual wheel sets (8 wheels): Superior rolling ability and improved weight distribution provides greater stability and less fatigue on shoulder, arm, hand and wrist.
- Meets most airlines’ US domestic and international carry-on requirements.
- Fits up to a 15" laptop and a tablet in two dedicated interior pockets.
- Lock & cable to secure lockable zippers and tether the bag.
- Fits a 15" laptop, a tablet, and up to two standard DSLRs with lenses attached or one pro DSLR and one standard DSLR both with lenses attached.
- Fits six to seven standard zoom lenses or strobes. Accommodates a 400mm f/2.8 unattached.
- The Airport Roller Derby features YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers, 1680D ballistic nylon, 420D velocity nylon, custom-designed, replaceable wheels with sealed steel bearings, rubberized laminate reinforcement, 3D air mesh, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- Interior Dimensions: 12.6” W x 18.5” H x 5.5–7.5” D (32 × 47 × 14–19 cm)
- Exterior Dimensions: 14” W x 22” H x 9.0” D (35.6 × 55.9 × 22.9 cm)
- Tablet Compartment: 10.5” W x 10.3” H x 0.6” D (26.7 x 26.1 x 1.5 cm)
- Laptop Compartment: 10.5” W x 14.5” H x 1.0” D (26.7 x 36.8 x 2.5 cm)
- Weight: 10.5-11 lbs (4.8–5 kg) - Weight reflects all accessories removed while using only minimal dividers.
Mar 22, 2017
Mar 20, 2017
Mar 17, 2017
Mar 15, 2017
|Morning At Picture Lake by Buzz Lightyear|
from Dawns first rays
|AT-6 Harvard by jarud|
from Trainer aircraft
|Matterhorn by ewng|