Canon updates EOS 60D and EOS 60Da firmware to v1.1.1
Canon has issues a firmware update for the EOS 60D mid-level DSLR and 60Da astrophotography camera. On the 60D, firmware v1.1.1 corrects a bug that placed the wrong serial number in image EXIF. On both cameras it also fixes language errors in some menus. The company will announce updated versions of its software at a later date to correct existing images with the incorrect serial number. The firmware is available for download from your local Canon support site now.
Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon where the camera's serial number that is displayed in the shooting information of the image does not display the correct serial number.*1
- Corrects errors in the Greek, Italian, and Portuguese menu screens.
*1) If the camera's serial number is 2147483648 or higher and the camera firmware is Version 1.1.0 or earlier, the images captured with the camera will be affected by the phenomenon listed in 1. above. This phenomenon only affects the EOS 60D, and does not affect the EOS 60Da. Both of these cameras are equipped with the same firmware. To obtain the serial number correctly in the shooting information of images that are already captured using the old firmware, we are preparing updates for Digital Photo Professional and ZoomBrowser EX / ImageBrowser applications. Once the software updates are ready, we will make an announcement on our Web site. Firmware Version 1.1.1 is for cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO