Agfa today announce their palm-sized "dual use" digital camera it's only VGA (640 x 480) and has a built-in 2MB memory (enough for 32 images) or it can be used as a webcam with ArcSoft VideoImpress or Microsoft NetMeeting. Available end of May 2000, priced at US$149. "made on earth by man" - uh huh.
Here's the press release:
Agfa Introduces the ePhoto CL18 - Its New Palm-sized Digital Imaging Solution
Dual-Mode --Still/Video-- Digital Camera Puts eFun Back In Photography
WILMINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 12, 2000--Agfa Corporation's Desktop Products Group (USA-DTP), a leading provider of award-winning desktop scanners and digital cameras, introduces the ePhoto CL18 - its first palm sized digital imaging solution. This affordable, simple-to-use dual-mode digital camera opens the door for a variety of uses such as capturing both still images or video footage. Small enough to take anywhere - the ePhoto CL18 can capture a moment, record an event or anything in between.
A USB interface and a universal mini video output plug allows for easy downloadable TV viewing, emailing, Web-page use or screen displays. Users will find the ePhoto CL18 is a portable digital imaging solution and should not be considered a PC camera. Unlike other comparative digital cameras, the CL18 has full functionality like a standard PC-tethered camera but also provides quality VGA resolution. The ePhoto CL18 does not require a connection to a PC for shooting images -- performing first and foremost like a portable point and shoot.
Fitting conveniently on top of a monitor, the CL18 also makes video conferencing or even live-action chats possibilities. Agfa bundles the ePhoto CL18 digital camera with Corel image-editing software, ArcSoft VideoImpression(TM) software (for captured video editing) and Microsoft NetMeeting (for Web conferencing).
About the ePhoto CL18
The CL18 is the first digital camera in Agfa's ePhoto line to have web-cam capabilities. Shipped with a video cradle, the digital camera can be easily attached to a monitor resulting in the easy facilitation of either video conferencing or online chats. Users will find this set up process to be simple and fast. Simply slip the CL18 into its cradle, connect the USB cable to both the camera and monitor and plug the universal mini-video output connection in. Shortly thereafter two, three or even several people can communicate face-to-face online.
The compact and stylish ePhoto CL18 offers 2 MB of internal memory. True VGA optical resolution of 640 x 480 pixels, the new dual-action digital camera offers industry-standard video format and can hold up to 32 VGA (640 x 480 pixels) images.
Using Agfa's image-enhancing PhotoGenie Technology, the CL18 removes image artifacts such as those from JPEG compression, pixelation, jagged edges and posterisation, which can be common in some digitally captured images.
Adding to the fun, Agfa also includes Corel Print Office(TM) 2000, Corel Photo House(TM) 5 and ArcSoft VideoImpression(TM) in all ePhoto CL18 packaging. Corel Photo House(TM) 5 is an image-editing application that allows users to touch up, enhance or alter an image before adding it to a document. With Corel Print Office(TM) 2000 users can create a wide range of items like photo greeting cards, invitations, illustrated documents or even Web pages. ArcSoft VideoImpression(TM) is an easy-to-use video and image editing software program enabling users to animate, edit and create new desktop video presentation for home, business and the Web using existing video and image files.
Pricing and Availability
The ePhoto CL18 will be available May of 2000, at the manufacturer's suggested retail price of $149.
ePhoto CL18 Specifications
- Dual mode: Point-and-shoot digital camera with video conferencing feature
- Picture resolution (in pixels): True 640 by 480 optical resolution
- Internal memory capacity: 2 MB (non-removable)
- Number of pictures on internal memory: 32 VGA images
- With cradle to hold up camera during video conferencing
- Imaging editing software: ArcSoft VideoImpression(TM), Corel Print House(TM) 2000, CorelPhoto House(TM) 2000 with Agfa PhotoGenie QuickFix for color correction and image enhancement
- Video conferencing software: Microsoft NetMeeting
- Processing time between pictures: 6-7 seconds
- Len aperture: F/2.0
- Lens focal length: 7.2 mm equivalent to 45mm camera
- 4 flash modes: auto / fill-in / red eye reduction / disable
- Color depth of sensor: 24 bit output
- Self timer setting: 10 sec.
- Output file format - standard JPEG
- Video out: NTSC and PAL
- Serial interface: 230,400 bits per second (RS-232)
Minimum System Requirements for PC
- At least 32 MB of RAM
- 50 MB of available hard disk space
- VGA color monitor with at least 256 colors
- 2x or faster CD-ROM
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Lighthouse, Bottom of the World by CelticOdyssey|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 12, L
|Dundrum by Rik Powdrill|