CES 2006: Today HP has announced a new 6.2 megapixel camera, the Photosmart R725. This ultra compact camera features a large 2-inch LCD screen, a 3x optical zoom and utilises the new HP automatic in-camera red-eye removal system.
HP Photosmart R725 Digital Camera
Take stunning 6.2-megapixel photos with the elegant HP Photosmart R725 Digital Camera.
This ultra-compact digital camera features a bright, indoor and outdoor 2-inch image display and sturdy all metal body, while being thin enough to slip in your pocket. With the latest generation of HP Real Life technologies, including new features such as automatic in-camera red-eye removal and HP Design Gallery, users can easily take brilliant digital photos perfect for printing and sharing.
Key Features and Benefits
- 6.2-megapixels for incredible resolution for beautiful prints and enlargements up to poster size
- Internal HP Precision 24x total zoom, 3x optical, 8x digital
- 2-inch LCD for framing and viewing photos and menus – indoors or out
- On-camera button to easily order and share photos on Snapfish using HP Photosmart Express (1)
- Features an elegant, thin all-metal design to fit easily in a pocket or purse
- HP Real Life technologies help take the guesswork out of digital photography and make it easy to produce great photos that are crisp, realistic and true-to-life. HP Real Life technologies include: o NEW: Automatic In-camera red-eye removal to remove red-eye while images are still in the camera o NEW: HP Design Gallery adds artistic effects and borders right in the camera-– includes slimming feature for your best possible photos—no PC or software required. o Improved Image Advice now provides real-time feedback to users on how to improve a specific picture the next time it is captured—like having a professional photographer with you at all times! o In-camera panorama stitching allows the user to align, capture and review a panorama image on the camera and stitch up to 5 photos together to save as one image for easy printing without downloading to a computer o High-quality VGA video with audio shoots at 24 frames per second and offers the ability to save still shots for printing
- HP Photosmart Express makes sharing, printing and saving digital photos easy – users simply take a photo and select its destination right on the back of the camera – up to 34 destinations, including e-mail addresses, online albums, and printers
- New HP Photosmart Software allows users to edit, organize, print, share and archive digital photos
- Optional 6221 HP Photosmart Premium Camera Dock lets users easily view photos on TV, transfer photos to the PC, print and recharge in-camera batteries, plus a spare set. Wireless capabilities are enabled by purchasing the HP Photosmart 6222 Wireless Dock Base (2)
- 6.2-megapixel resolution
- 3x optical zoom, 8x digital zoom
- Dimensions/Weight o 93mm (W) x 23mm (D) x 61mm (H) o 130 grams without battery
- PictBridge support
- JPEG (Exif 2.2)
- Support/Connectivity o USB Connectivity o USB-compatible PC with Microsoft Windows® XP, x64, 2000, Me, 98SE, or 98, Intel® Pentium® II, Celeron® or compatible CPU, Internet Explorer 5.01SP2 or later o USB-compatible Macintosh computer with Mac OS v10.2.8, v10.3, v10.4
HP offers a comprehensive support package for the HP Photosmart R725 Digital Camera that includes one-year of phone support as well as real-time chat and email support beyond the warranty as part of its HP Total Care portfolio of services. Pricing and Availability Estimated U.S. street price is TBD Expected to be available for purchase April 2006 in North America and Europe. (1) On-camera Snapfish feature available in UK and US only. (2) Not included; please purchase separately.
Nov 8, 2007
Jun 22, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
|DSC_9643 by NOWHITELENS|
from Best Photo of the Week
|Thailand Sunrise by ozziebadger|
from Ships and Boats
Sigma is discounting 13 different high-performance 'Art' series lenses from today until November 30th. The company is calling it an 'unprecedented' sale.
See DJI's 'AeroScope' drone-tracking technology in action. This is the system that DJI says can help law enforcement and airport (among others) track and identify rogue drones.
iPhone X owners can already accessorize their new phone with high-quality smartphone photography lenses courtesy of Moment's new lineup.
Considering buying Sigma's exciting new 16mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary lens for crop-sensor E-Mount and M43? Check out these official full-res samples first!
Vimeo has just added support for 8K HDR 10-bit content, making it possible to show up to 75% of the colors the human eye can perceive vs the usual 35%. Take THAT YouTube.
The holidays are coming, but your gear ain't fly? You gotta hit us up and read our treat yo' self guide.
We're counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017, and sitting pretty at #5 is the Fujifilm X-T20.
See some of the most iconic black-and-white photographs throughout history brought to life by a community of colorization enthusiasts and professional retouchers in the new book Retrographic.
Shopping for a photographer? Whether you are one yourself or not, chances are you could use some ideas. From stocking stuffers on up, we've got some photography gift suggestions for every budget.
We're counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017. Drum roll please... the #6 spot belongs to none other than the Sigma 85mm F1.4 DH HSM Art.
Read the story behind this gorgeous wedding photo captured at Trolltunga in Norway by husband and wife duo Priscila Valentina Photography. The 14 hour hike in the rain that preceded this shot was TOTALLY worth it.
Go behind the scenes with filmmaker Nick Arcivos, who recently created a beautiful cinematic short film in Paris using only the iPhone X, a couple of gimbals, and a few lights. The results are very impressive.
A Bay Area startup offering a pay-by-the-photo camera service cleverly addresses the pain points photographers experience when they pick up their first DSLR. But can it survive the smartphone?
It's been a big year for software innovations, dual cameras and huge displays. Take a look at our picks for the top smartphone cameras and why we think they stand out.
We're counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017. At the #7 spot is the ready-for-any-weather Olympus Tough TG-5.
By combining his skills as a time-lapse filmmaker and an engineer, Julian Tryba created this out-of-this-world creative 'layer-lapse' of New York City that alternates between night and day in time with the music.
Canon Japan's new lineup of novelty camera-themed gifts was just revealed online, including a lens mug and lens thermos, two retro camera-themed USB drives, and a picnic mat.
The Profoto A1 most certainly isn’t for everyone [...] But for those who are used to using the Profoto systems, and want something that pairs seamlessly with the strobes you already have, there is no better companion.
Fujifilm has asked a US district court to clear it of any wrongdoing, after allegedly being threatened with trademark litigation by Polaroid.
While a couple of our reviewers are out testing the Sony a7R III in Arizona, back in Seattle we slapped the camera in front of our studio scene to get a close look at its image quality. See how it stacks up against the competition.
We're counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017, and the #8 ranking belongs to the Nikon D7500.
B+W has announced a new aluminum filter holder that offers three slots so users can use multiple filters at the same time. The holder goes with the 2mm thick 100mm square filters it launched earlier this year.
8K video is coming a lot faster than you think, and Blackmagic is ready for it. Meet the DeckLink 8K Pro, a new high performance PCI-E capture and playback card built to handle 'real time high resolution 8K workflows.'
"Glass is everywhere in photography. From Eugène Atget’s reflective vitrines to Lee Friedlander’s sly self-portraiture, photographers have long been in thrall to the visual complications glass can inject into a composition."
Former Apple Aperture lead developer Nik Bhatt has designed an iOS app called RAW Power that lets you edit raw photos from your professional camera using your phone and tablet.... color us intrigued.
Advertising photographer Blair Bunting got his hands on the new Microsoft Surface Book 2, and it blew him away. Bye bye MacBook Pro...
The OnePlus 5T retains many of the 5's features and specs, but comes with an edge-to-edge display and a dual-camera that is optimized for low light.
Sony's recently announced IMX461 backside illuminated medium format sensor will bring 100MP resolution and almost 2x the speed to the next-gen Fuji GFX and Hasselblad X1D.
With the ‘Rent a Hasselblad’ camera equipment renting program, the camera makers is aiming to give enthusiast and professional photographers easier access to its medium-format photography products.
They say seeing is believing, and that's exactly what happened when one DPR staffer took the Google Pixel 2 out for an afternoon shooting under challenging conditions.