Konica Minolta has today announced the development of a new lens. The AF 35 mm F1.4G D is designed for the Dynax/Maxxum series of SLRs and features distance encoding which enables the more advanced ADI flash metering, it is also claimed to have a rounder aperture for an improved bokeh (defocused area) appearance. This lens is due to be launched in 'Spring 2006' (read PMA).
Development of "Konica Minolta AF 35mm F1.4G (D)"
Interchangeable Lens for SLR Cameras of the Dynax/Maxxum Series
Konica Minolta Photo Imaging, Inc., has developed the "Konica Minolta AF 35mm F1.4G (D)" * interchangeable lens for SLR cameras of the Dynax/Maxxum Series. An overview of the lens is given herein. Launch plan of this lens is in spring of 2006
The "Konica Minolta AF 35mm F1.4G (D) was developed as the successor model of the "Minolta AF 35mm F1.4G NEW" lens that has been well accepted amongst users for the beautiful defocused effect rendered around the aperture. This lens was developed as an interchangeable lens for the Dynax/Maxxum Series and delivers high descriptive performance using a newly designed optical system, as well as enabling a high level of flash metering owing to a distance encoder that had been built into the lens itself.
With this lens, Konica Minolta is expanding its DT Lens Series whose wide focal range has been optimized for the APS-C format, and is adding to its lineup of lenses that additionally cover the 135 mm format.
Konica Minolta will continue to expand its lineup of lenses for digital and 35mm SLR cameras by developing new supporting lenses with features expected and found only on Konica Minolta products such as the G and STF Lenses whose wide diameter bring superior descriptive power to users.
- Wide F1.4 bright high-performance wide-angle lens
- High picture quality across the entire focal range
- Built-in distance encoder (distance information provided internally by lens). Highly accurate ADI flash metering** when used with Dynax/Maxxum digital SLR cameras and other Dynax/Maxxum 35mm SLR body.
- Adopts the highly rated round aperture of the Konica Minolta AF 35mmF1.4G NEW". Inherits the beautiful defocused effect particularly at distances at between open aperture and 2 f-stops narrower.
* Product name has been tentatively named for this release, with the final name to be announced at later date.
** ADI (Advanced Distance Integration) flash metering
Konica Minolta will continue to further upgrade the Dynax/Maxxum system by developing interchangeable lenses, in order meet user needs on a higher level.
* Dynax and Maxxum are trademarks or registered trademarks of Konica Minolta Photo Imaging, Inc.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Orange-tip Butterfly by anisah|
from Nature's Colour Palette
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power