Pre-Photokina 2006: Canon has announced its third generation of PIXMA printers with a staggering fifteen new models. The line-up comprises of seven new Photo All-in-Ones, six new Photo printers and two new Mini series.
Next generation PIXMA: leaving the competition behind
Canon mini260 (above)
Canon is pleased to announce the launch of its third generation of PIXMA printers, the popular inkjet brand that revolutionised home photo printing. The fifteen new models of the third generation substantially strengthen the existing PIXMA line-up, with seven new Photo All-in-One’s offering superior performance and a highly sophisticated design. The arrival of the PIXMA mini series also launches PIXMA into the rapidly growing compact photo printing sector. There is now a PIXMA printer for every environment: home, office, professional and even for on the move use.
The 1pl, 9600dpi mini260 – PIXMA mini’s flagship – and high end Photo All-in-Ones the MP600, MP600R and MP810 all feature Canon’s breakthrough easy-scroll wheel user interface. The new feature is an easy-to-use spinning controller that makes photo printing easier and more intuitive than ever before. Canon’s R&D teams have made all of the features of these four PIXMAs accessible via the easy-scroll wheel, including advanced copy and scan functions (where available). Every third generation model builds on the key PIXMA characteristics: a combination of print speed, image resolution and longevity of prints. With continuous improvement to the FINE print head, PIXMA has achieved new record speeds for photo printing. The MP810 and iP5300 deliver a single 10x15cm (4”x6”) lab quality photo in just 21 seconds.
Canon IP6700D (above)
“The third generation of PIXMA products are defined by faster than ever print speeds, striking new styles and better features. The models encompass what PIXMA has always stood for: unparalleled combination of innovative digital image processing, media handling and print head technologies,” said Alessandro Stanzani, CCI Country Director Canon UK. “In addition, the launch of the new PIXMA mini series extends the range’s key characteristics into a rapidly expanding market: compact photo printing.”
Highlights of the third generation PIXMA range include:
- The introduction of the unique easy-scroll wheel controller, featured on selected high-end models and breaking the stereotype of what a printer’s user interface can do. The easy-scroll wheel establishes a new de facto standard, simplifying operation of key functions and changing the way people interact with their devices
- PIXMA’s entry into the growing compact photo printer market with the launch of two high specification PIXMA mini models
- Striking range designs that integrate seamlessly into the modern home
- Key new innovations that deliver better than ever print and copy quality at speed. On high-end models, a significant advancement of the FINE print head made in combination with other mechanical refinements enables further gains in print speed
- Fastest ever PIXMAs with photo lab quality, with the MP810 and iP5300 requiring just 21 seconds to produce an outstanding 10x15cm (4”x6”) photo
The new PIXMA printers take the PIXMA line up to the next level, offering a comprehensive range of print options to suit every user: from the entry-level, representing outstanding value-for-money, to extensive direct printing options, including PictBridge, Card Direct and even IrDA and optional Bluetooth. With the launch of PIXMA mini, PIXMA now has a significant presence in all key markets, offering photo lab quality printing in the professional studio and in the office, at home and – now – on the move.
Canon MP600R (above)
New additions to the PIXMA range include:
- Seven stylish Photo All-in-Ones – the MP160, MP180, MP460, MP510, MP600, MP600R and MP810 – for versatile creative home use. The flagship MP810 achieves print speeds as fast as 21 seconds and offers versatile, industry leading functionality
- The new PIXMA mini series, comprising the mini260 and mini220, combining a uniquely elegant two-tone style and ultra-convenient compact photo lab quality printing on the move
- Six photo printers, including the iP1300, iP1700, iP3300, iP4300, iP5300 and the iP6700D. The iP3300 offers economical single ink printing at a new low price and the iP5300 delivers a print in just 21 seconds
|Ruby Red Dress by cjf2|
from High key portrait with RED
|Follow me home by eaa|
from Shades of Blue in Nature