Ricoh announces CX6 CMOS compact superzoom
Ricoh has announced the CX6, the latest in its line of compact superzoom cameras. It features a 10MP back-lit CMOS sensor and the familiar 10.7x 28-300mm equivalent image stabilized zoom lens. The latest model features improved processing and hardware to offer faster focusing (with claimed AF times as fast as 0.1 sec), as well as a dedicated movie shooting button. It also gains Aperture and Shutter Priority exposure modes and the Sony WhiteMagic 1.23M dot VGA LCD screen.
Ricoh announces the CX6 compact digital camera
Featuring high-speed autofocus as fast as 0.1 seconds and zoom assist monitor for easier telephoto photography
Tokyo, Japan, November 15, 2011—Ricoh Co., Ltd. (president and CEO: Shiro Kondo) today announced the development and release of the CX6, a new digital camera featuring a high magnification 10.7x (28-300 mm) optical wide-angle zoom lens that achieves even shorter autofocus (AF) times through the introduction of a new AF system.
With the adoption of a new system enhancing both the hardware and software of the hybrid AF system introduced on the CX5, the new CX6 achieves AF focusing times as fast as 0.1 seconds. You will be sure to capture that fleeting shutter chance.
The high-brightness LCD monitor is approximately 1.7 times brighter than the previous model for better visibility outdoors. The CX6 also adds a function for automatic adjustment of brightness based on the level of brightness of the subject, and this make it possible to minimize the loss of visibility that can occur due to changes in the shooting environment. In addition, for telephoto shooting, the new zoom assist monitor function displays a small image on the LCD monitor so that you can always check the framing of the shot.
The new aperture/shutter-speed priority modes enable you to more richly express the atmosphere of the subject, and the snap movie function lets you more easily enjoy shooting movies. A release button especially for movies has also been added, and a wider range of functions (autofocus, zoom, etc.) are available for movie shooting.
The CX6 compact digital camera takes the design concept of “A tool you will want to use every day” another step forward.
Available in three colors: Black, Silver, and Pink.
Main features of the new CX6
1. Even greater speed achieved with enhancement of Ricoh’s original hybrid AF system
- With the new system created, by enhancing both the hardware and software of the hybrid AF system introduced on the CX5, the CX6 achieves focusing times as short as 0.1 seconds not only at 28 mm wide-angle but also at 300 mm telephoto. No matter where in the zoom range you are shooting, you can capture that shutter chance.
- AF continuous shooting has been added to the continuous shooting menu. With this function, the CX6 can continuously shoot even moving subjects at speeds of up to 3 frames/second while continuing to focus.
*AF focusing times were measured under Ricoh measurement conditions.
2. Easy framing of telephoto shots with the new zoom assist monitor function
- During telephoto shooting at 93 mm and higher, the new “zoom assist monitor” display mode simultaneously displays on the LCD monitor a small image equivalent to an 85 mm focal length. The resulting ability to always confirm the framing position makes telephoto shooting even easier.
3. Super-resolution technology and a noise reduction function for high image quality across a wide range of photo expression
- By performing noise reduction processing immediately after the signal is output by the CMOS sensor, the CX6 is able to reduce noise while maintaining resolution, tone characteristics, and color saturation. When noise reduction is set to MAX, it is possible to do sophisticated variance-estimation type noise reduction processing in which the sensor image data's noise distribution is analyzed and the optimum processing is done for each region.
- The back-illuminated CMOS sensor is strong in low-light shooting situations.
- Super-resolution technology enables the CX6 to record photographs with a high-resolution feel by automatically discerning outlines, details, and gradations in the image and processing it based on the optimum settings for each. The level of super-resolution can be set to Off, Weak, or Strong.
4. Aperture/shutter-speed priority (A/S) modes have been added to the mode dial for even greater shooting freedom
- The CX6 expands your shooting freedom by adding aperture priority (A) mode and shutter-speed priority (S) mode. These modes bring the photographer a richer range of expressive possibilities. For example, the ability to specify maximum or minimum aperture can be used when you want to make the subject stand out in macro photography, and the ability to adjust the shutter speed will enable you to handle situations where you want to emphasize subject movement or freeze the movement of a subject in motion.
5. 10.7x 28-300 mm optical zoom plus super-resolution zoom equivalent to up to 600 mm
- Ricoh’s original retracting lens system has made it possible to fit the high-magnification 10.7x optical wide-angle zoom lens into a thin 28.5 mm compact body.
- The super-resolution zoom can zoom up to 2x. It enables you to do telephoto photography up to an equivalent of 600 mm with minimal image quality deterioration.
- Using the digital zoom enables you to magnify the subject beyond the super-resolution zoom level and shoot with super-telephoto photography at a maximum of 2880 mm.
6. Movie release button added for easier movie shooting
- In a first for the CX series, the CX6 has a new release button especially for movie photography. Now you can easily enjoy shooting movies even without a mode dial change.
- The addition of autofocus and zoom functions enhances your ability to shoot high-quality movies.
- There is a “snap movie shooting” function for shooting of short video clips and also functions for easily segmenting and playing video clips. Together these capabilities make it easy for you to create and view video works in the camera. Stereo sound recording* is also possible so you can shoot not just images but also movies with a realistic feel.
*The sound is recorded in stereo, but playback on the camera is done in monaural.
7. High-brightness LCD monitor approx. 1.7 times brighter than before; automatic brightness adjustment function also added
- The 3.0-inch 1.23-million-dot* VGA LCD monitor has a wide viewing angle and a brightness level approximately 1.7 times higher than the CX5. It achieves excellent visibility even outdoors.
- A function has been added for automatic adjustment of brightness by the camera. It minimizes loss of visibility caused by changes in the shooting environment.
- The screen has a fluorine coat to prevent soiling, a hard coat to prevent scratches, and an anti-reflection coat for excellent visibility.
*White pixels added to RGB for approximately 1.23 million dots.
8. "Bleach bypass" added for more creative fun with creative shooting mode
- Recording images with heightened contrast and muted colors, bleach bypass enables you to create pictures with atmosphere and an austere elegance.
|Soft case (black)||SC-100BK|
|Soft case (white)||SC-100WT|
|Neck strap (black)||ST-4BK|
|Neck strap (pink)||ST-4PK|
|Neck strap (blue)||ST-4BL|
|Neck strap (green)||ST-4GR|
|Neck strap (brown)||ST-4BN|
Oct 29, 2014
Nov 14, 2014
Oct 31, 2014
Oct 31, 2014
|Big Steaming Pile by WhistlerOne|
from Product Shoot: Coffee
|AU4_6418_BB-35 by DaveInHouston|
Adobe's experimental Project 'Deep Fill' is an incredibly powerful and impressive, AI-powered version of Content Aware Fill. Watch the demo to see this amazing tool in action.
LEE has released a new series of Reverse ND filters that are most opaque in the middle and become progressively clearer towards the top. This makes them ideal for capturing scenes where the sun is close to the horizon.
A former New York Times photographer is suing both the newspaper and its photography director Michele McNally for over $500,000 for age discrimination and unfair classification as a freelancer for nearly a decade.
"CPS Platinum members will now enjoy next-day service, with equipment serviced and shipped the business day after an estimate is approved. For repairs that will take longer, Canon will offer next-day loaner equipment."
Irix is introducing a new filter system called the Irix Edge 100. The ultra-light, ultra-thin system is build specifically for wide angle lenses like Irix's own 15mm F2.4.
After conducting a series of safety tests, the FAA is recommending that all airlines ban cameras and other electronics with Lithium Ion batteries from checked baggage. The agency believe the risk of a catastrophic fire and explosion is too great.
The Pixentu jackets keep you and your gear warm and dry, offering useful features like lens and tripod pockets, in addition to some quirky ones like an extended hood to protect your camera from the rain.
Adobe gave the audience at MAX a sneak peek at some exciting new technology its developing. It's called Adobe Cloak: a highly capable Content Aware Fill-like feature for video editors.
Earlier today, Flickr moved its photo book printing service over to a third party services, and stopped offering any wall art options entirely.
The patent details a flipping rear LCD screen so large, Canon has had to hide the rear dial and several buttons underneath.
We've added a selection of extra images to our Nikon D850 gallery. As part of the process of rounding off the review we made sure a number of us had shot the camera in a variety of situations, we've added those shots to the gallery to give a broad cross section of how the camera performs.
Wiral LITE is an affordable, easy-to-use cable cam system that can do things a portable slider simply can't do, and go places no slider would dare go.
Not happy with the recent demise of Lightroom as a stand-alone, subscription free service? Macphun's got your back... or they will in 2018.
Once connected to a PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone, Pholio automatically searches through the device storage and backs up all images and videos—complete with auto-tagging and intelligent search capabilities.
The 360 Round uses eight horizontally positioned camera pairs and one upward-pointing single lens to capture and livestream panoramic 4K 3D content.
Introduced just three years ago, the Samsung NX1 was both a technological tour-de-force and a great camera to use, earning one of the highest scores we've ever awarded and winning our 2015 Innovation Award. But its short-lived run in the photo world leaves us wondering what could have been.
The Fujifilm X-E3 is styled like a classic rangefinder, but features a built-in touchscreen, AF joystick, and electronic viewfinder – truly an old school meets new type of camera. Lay some eyes on our sample gallery to see how it performs in the real world.
Like it or not, Adobe is embracing a cloud-centric, AI-rich future with the introduction of Lightroom CC. And that's a great thing, though you may not see it now, argues Rishi Sanyal.
The announcement of a more cloud-integrated Lightroom product sees the death of the company's standalone version. This need to make payments in perpetuity (whether you choose Lightroom Classic or CC), chips away at the idea that your Lightroom library is a long-term solution, argues Richard Butler.
The XPro-C 2.4GHz wireless flash trigger that Godox released for Canon users last month now has a Nikon equivalent—the aptly named XPro-N. Sony, Fujifilm and MFT versions are in the works.
In the aftermath of hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria, camera and lens maker Sigma is extending its standard product warranty to cover damage caused by these three natural disasters.
The F4 Plus can can capture 360° stills, videos and broadcast livestream footage at 8K resolution... that's 7680 x 3840 pixels!
Lightroom is hogging the spotlight at Adobe MAX, but Photoshop CC got some substantial improvements as well. Find out what's new in the latest version of Photoshop CC.
The aptly-named 'Nude' app automatically detects NSFW images on your iPhone, moves them to a protected vault and deletes the original files in the camera roll and on iCloud.
The Zeiss Milvus family of manual-focus full-frame lenses just gained a new member. Meet the Zeiss Milvus 24mm F1.4: a fast, rugged new lens designed primarily for landscape and architecture photography.
Lightroom has built a brand new Lightroom CC from the ground up to be faster, easier to use, and cloud-based. The application formerly known as Lightroom CC will continue to exist, and will go by "Lightroom Classic CC."
Google Research did a deep dive on the Pixel 2 smartphone's background-blurring portrait mode that uses neural networking and dual-pixel technology instead of a dual-camera setup.
With the arrival of the PowerShot G1 X III, there are now seven Canon cameras built around the 24MP Dual Pixel sensor and Digic 7 processor. We take a look at the differences and what might prompt you to choose one over the others.
Meet the HP ZBook x2. The so-called 'world's most powerful and first detachable PC workstation,' it was built with creative professionals in mind, and is being debuted at Adobe MAX.
PDN sat down with Ahmed Fakhr, director of photography at RollingStone.com, to talk about how the famed publication is adapting to the changing photo and video needs of the modern era and how he 'evaluates the skills of potential contributors.'