Ricoh announces CX6 CMOS compact superzoom
Ricoh has announced the CX6, the latest in its line of compact superzoom cameras. It features a 10MP back-lit CMOS sensor and the familiar 10.7x 28-300mm equivalent image stabilized zoom lens. The latest model features improved processing and hardware to offer faster focusing (with claimed AF times as fast as 0.1 sec), as well as a dedicated movie shooting button. It also gains Aperture and Shutter Priority exposure modes and the Sony WhiteMagic 1.23M dot VGA LCD screen.
Ricoh announces the CX6 compact digital camera
Featuring high-speed autofocus as fast as 0.1 seconds and zoom assist monitor for easier telephoto photography
Tokyo, Japan, November 15, 2011—Ricoh Co., Ltd. (president and CEO: Shiro Kondo) today announced the development and release of the CX6, a new digital camera featuring a high magnification 10.7x (28-300 mm) optical wide-angle zoom lens that achieves even shorter autofocus (AF) times through the introduction of a new AF system.
With the adoption of a new system enhancing both the hardware and software of the hybrid AF system introduced on the CX5, the new CX6 achieves AF focusing times as fast as 0.1 seconds. You will be sure to capture that fleeting shutter chance.
The high-brightness LCD monitor is approximately 1.7 times brighter than the previous model for better visibility outdoors. The CX6 also adds a function for automatic adjustment of brightness based on the level of brightness of the subject, and this make it possible to minimize the loss of visibility that can occur due to changes in the shooting environment. In addition, for telephoto shooting, the new zoom assist monitor function displays a small image on the LCD monitor so that you can always check the framing of the shot.
The new aperture/shutter-speed priority modes enable you to more richly express the atmosphere of the subject, and the snap movie function lets you more easily enjoy shooting movies. A release button especially for movies has also been added, and a wider range of functions (autofocus, zoom, etc.) are available for movie shooting.
The CX6 compact digital camera takes the design concept of “A tool you will want to use every day” another step forward.
Available in three colors: Black, Silver, and Pink.
Main features of the new CX6
1. Even greater speed achieved with enhancement of Ricoh’s original hybrid AF system
- With the new system created, by enhancing both the hardware and software of the hybrid AF system introduced on the CX5, the CX6 achieves focusing times as short as 0.1 seconds not only at 28 mm wide-angle but also at 300 mm telephoto. No matter where in the zoom range you are shooting, you can capture that shutter chance.
- AF continuous shooting has been added to the continuous shooting menu. With this function, the CX6 can continuously shoot even moving subjects at speeds of up to 3 frames/second while continuing to focus.
*AF focusing times were measured under Ricoh measurement conditions.
2. Easy framing of telephoto shots with the new zoom assist monitor function
- During telephoto shooting at 93 mm and higher, the new “zoom assist monitor” display mode simultaneously displays on the LCD monitor a small image equivalent to an 85 mm focal length. The resulting ability to always confirm the framing position makes telephoto shooting even easier.
3. Super-resolution technology and a noise reduction function for high image quality across a wide range of photo expression
- By performing noise reduction processing immediately after the signal is output by the CMOS sensor, the CX6 is able to reduce noise while maintaining resolution, tone characteristics, and color saturation. When noise reduction is set to MAX, it is possible to do sophisticated variance-estimation type noise reduction processing in which the sensor image data's noise distribution is analyzed and the optimum processing is done for each region.
- The back-illuminated CMOS sensor is strong in low-light shooting situations.
- Super-resolution technology enables the CX6 to record photographs with a high-resolution feel by automatically discerning outlines, details, and gradations in the image and processing it based on the optimum settings for each. The level of super-resolution can be set to Off, Weak, or Strong.
4. Aperture/shutter-speed priority (A/S) modes have been added to the mode dial for even greater shooting freedom
- The CX6 expands your shooting freedom by adding aperture priority (A) mode and shutter-speed priority (S) mode. These modes bring the photographer a richer range of expressive possibilities. For example, the ability to specify maximum or minimum aperture can be used when you want to make the subject stand out in macro photography, and the ability to adjust the shutter speed will enable you to handle situations where you want to emphasize subject movement or freeze the movement of a subject in motion.
5. 10.7x 28-300 mm optical zoom plus super-resolution zoom equivalent to up to 600 mm
- Ricoh’s original retracting lens system has made it possible to fit the high-magnification 10.7x optical wide-angle zoom lens into a thin 28.5 mm compact body.
- The super-resolution zoom can zoom up to 2x. It enables you to do telephoto photography up to an equivalent of 600 mm with minimal image quality deterioration.
- Using the digital zoom enables you to magnify the subject beyond the super-resolution zoom level and shoot with super-telephoto photography at a maximum of 2880 mm.
6. Movie release button added for easier movie shooting
- In a first for the CX series, the CX6 has a new release button especially for movie photography. Now you can easily enjoy shooting movies even without a mode dial change.
- The addition of autofocus and zoom functions enhances your ability to shoot high-quality movies.
- There is a “snap movie shooting” function for shooting of short video clips and also functions for easily segmenting and playing video clips. Together these capabilities make it easy for you to create and view video works in the camera. Stereo sound recording* is also possible so you can shoot not just images but also movies with a realistic feel.
*The sound is recorded in stereo, but playback on the camera is done in monaural.
7. High-brightness LCD monitor approx. 1.7 times brighter than before; automatic brightness adjustment function also added
- The 3.0-inch 1.23-million-dot* VGA LCD monitor has a wide viewing angle and a brightness level approximately 1.7 times higher than the CX5. It achieves excellent visibility even outdoors.
- A function has been added for automatic adjustment of brightness by the camera. It minimizes loss of visibility caused by changes in the shooting environment.
- The screen has a fluorine coat to prevent soiling, a hard coat to prevent scratches, and an anti-reflection coat for excellent visibility.
*White pixels added to RGB for approximately 1.23 million dots.
8. "Bleach bypass" added for more creative fun with creative shooting mode
- Recording images with heightened contrast and muted colors, bleach bypass enables you to create pictures with atmosphere and an austere elegance.
|Soft case (black)||SC-100BK|
|Soft case (white)||SC-100WT|
|Neck strap (black)||ST-4BK|
|Neck strap (pink)||ST-4PK|
|Neck strap (blue)||ST-4BL|
|Neck strap (green)||ST-4GR|
|Neck strap (brown)||ST-4BN|
Oct 29, 2014
Nov 14, 2014
Oct 31, 2014
Oct 31, 2014
|Street Food by poppyjk|
from Your City - Local Street Vendor
|Tomato Clownfish by chile7236|
from Fish world
|Vermont-Autumn by kevinplui|
from My Best Photo of the Week