PMA 2007: Today's HP day, with three new additions to the easy to use Photosmart digital camera range. First up is the Photosmart R837, which represents something of a design departure for HP, featuring an internal zoom and sliding front panel. Other spec of note include a 3.0-inch LCD screen, 3x zoom and 7.2MP CCD. More importantly it is packed with HP technology goodness, including (an industry first) pet-eye fix and, naturally, a special 'slimming mode'. Nice.
HP Photosmart R837 Digital Camera
Take stunning 7.2-megapixel photos with the powerful, easy-to-use HP Photosmart R837 Digital Camera. This camera features a large 7.6cm (3-inch) image display and an extra-wide viewing angle – up to 170 degrees – perfect for viewing photos indoors and outdoors.
Enhance photos in-camera with HP touch-up for the removal of blemishes and the latest generation of HP Real Life technologies, including HP Design Gallery with slimming and industry-leading in-camera red-eye removal.(1) The HP Photosmart R837 Digital Camera also features pet-eye fix and HP steady photo anti-shake to help prevent blurred photos.
Key Features and Benefits
- 7.2-megapixels for beautiful prints and enlargements up to poster size.
- Zoom in for dramatic, close-up shots, using 24x total zoom - 3x internal optical zoom lens, 8x digital.
- Big, 7.6cm (3-inch) image display for framing and viewing photos and menus – indoors or out.
- First HP digital camera to offer HP touch-up for the removal of blemishes.
- HP steady photo anti-shake feature helps to prevent blurred photos in lower light accounting for hand shake and moving subjects.
- Enjoy quick photo organisation for easy sharing – simply tag your photos using in-camera menus.
- Take photos using 32MB internal memory, or expand the camera’s memory using an optional SD memory card(2) and never miss a shot.
- High-quality VGA video with audio shoots at 24 frames per second.
- On-camera menu to easily order and share photos on Snapfish(3) using HP Photosmart Express.
- Features a slim design to fit easily in a pocket or purse.
- Microsoft Windows Vista™ ready.
HP Real Life technologies help take the guesswork out of digital photography, making it easy to produce great photos that are crisp, realistic and true-to-life. HP Real Life technologies include:
- Industry-leading in-camera red-eye removal and pet-eye fix.(1)
- Adaptive Lighting Technology automatically adjusts high-contrast photos to bring faces out of shadows and details out of backgrounds.
- HP Design Gallery adds artistic effects and borders to photos right on the camera – apply slimming effect, remove blemishes, brighten photos and more — no PC or software required.
- In-camera panorama stitching allows the user to align, capture and review a panorama image on the camera and stitch up to five photos together to save as one image for easy printing before downloading to a computer.
- HP Photosmart Express makes sharing, printing and saving digital photos easy – users simply take a photo and select its destination right on the back of the camera.
- HP Photosmart Premier software allows users to edit, organise, print, share and archive digital photos.
- Meets HP’s general specification for the Environment, which includes compliance with the EU ROHS Directive (focus: lead, cadmium, mercury, PBDE, PBDP).(4)
- Easily transfer photos, save, view, print and share photos on a PC, Snapfish and TV, and recharge in-camera battery, plus a spare, using optional HP Photosmart 6221 Premium Camera Dock.
- Spend more time shooting and sharing photos by quickly charging the HP Photosmart R837 Digital Camera’s included high-capacity, lithium-ion battery in one hour or less(6) with the optional HP Photosmart Quick Recharge Kit for R-series cameras.(5)
- 7.2-megapixel resolution
- 24x zoom - 3x optical, 8x digital
- Dimensions/Weight: 10cm (3.91 in) (W) x 2.7cm (1.06 in) (D) x 6.4cm (2.54 in) (H) (includes protrusions) 155 grams without battery
- PictBridge support
- JPEG (Exif 2.2)
- Support/Connectivity: USB Connectivity, USB-compatible PC with Windows Vista, 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Professional x64, USB-compatible Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v10.3.9, 10.4 and later
Standard one-year limited hardware warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements. For more information please go to www.hp.com/support.
Pricing and Availability
Estimated street price €229.99. Price stated is EMEA Manufacturer’s Recommended Selling Price (MRSP) including VAT and is subject to change – actual price may vary by country.
Expected to be available for purchase April 2007 in EMEA.
1 For more information, please visit www.hp.com/go/noredeye.
2 SD memory card not included. Please purchase separately.
3 Snapfish availability varies by region.
4 For more information, please visit www.hp.com/environment.
5 Not included; please purchase separately.
6 Actual recharging time may vary based on level of charge remaining in the battery.
1/2.5 " Type CCD
|Movie clips||640 x 480 @ 24fps|
|File formats|| JPEG Exif 2.2
|Lens|| 39-118mm (35mm equiv)
F3.5-7.4 (wide) F4.2 - 8.8 (tele)
3x optical zoom
|Digital zoom||up to 8x|
|AF assist lamp||n/a|
|Focus distance|| 0.5m - infinity (wide) 0.6m - infinity (tele)
0.10 - 1.0m (macro wide)
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
|Exposure compensation||+/- 2EV in 1/2 steps|
|Shuttter speed||10 - 1/2000sec|
|Aperture||F3.5-7.4 (wide) F4.2 - 8.8 (tele)|
Panorama Left & Right
|White balance|| Auto
|Self timer||10 sec, 2 shot|
|Image parameters||Full Color, B&W, Sepia, B&W Tints|
Flash On / Off
|Connectivity|| USB 2.0
HP Photosmart 6222 Wireless Dock Base
HP Photosmart 6221 Premium Camera Dock
|Storage|| SD card
32 MB internal memory
|Power|| Lithium-ion Rechargeable battery
|Weight (no batt)||155 g|
|Dimensions||100 x 27 x 64 mm (3.91 x 1.06 x 2.54 in)|
Nov 8, 2007
Jun 22, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
Mar 2, 2010
|Meet at HKCC Rain or Shine by pen araneae|
from Your City - Rain Down on Me
|Pregnancy Is Beautiful by sye46|
from Women's World
|Criss-Cross Traffic by PEB|
from Best Use of Motion
|Picking a Star in the Milky Way by vbuhay|
from My Best Photo of the Week