Pre-PMA 2008: Pentax has today announced its new entry level DSLR, the K200D, as a replacement for the K100D. Despite being targeted at the beginner DSLR photographer the K200D boasts an impressive list of features including a weather-sealed body, CCD-based anti-shake and dust removal. Almost inevitably Pentax has also increased the resolution, with the APS-C sized sensor now capturing images at 10.2 MP.
A Popular-Class Digital SLR Camera Harmonizing High Image Quality and User-Friendly Features with Excellent Operability and Outstanding Cost Performance Assuring the Advanced Digital Camera Features of Higher-Class Models with Simplified Operations
PENTAX Corporation is pleased to introduce the PENTAX K200D lens-interchangeable digital SLR camera. Designed mainly for family users and digital camera beginners, this popular-class model offers a host of user-friendly features and sophisticated functions like higher-class models. As a result, even digital camera beginners can enjoy advanced digital SLR photography with great ease. Pursuing image quality, user-friendliness, operability and cost performance, the K200D is expected to be a new standard-setter in the popular-class market.
1. PENTAX-original SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism for sharp, blur-free images
The K200D is equipped with the PENTAX-developed SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism, which effectively reduces camera shake for sharp, blur-free images even under demanding shooting conditions, such as when using a telephoto lens, shooting in the dark or at night without supplementary flash illumination, or using extended exposures for sunset scenes.
This innovative mechanism shifts the position of the CCD image sensor vertically and horizontally at high speed using magnetic force, while adjusting the shifting speed in proportion to the amount of camera shake detected by a built-in sensor. It offers an outstanding compensation effect, equivalent to approximately 2.5 to 4 shutter-speed steps. As a result, it does not require special anti-shake lenses, and can be used with almost all existing PENTAX interchangeable lenses.*
* Lenses compatible with this mechanism are: the PENTAX K-, KA-, KAF- and KAF2-mount lenses, screw-mount lenses (with an adapter); and 645- and 67-system lenses (with an adapter). Some functions may not be applicable with certain lenses.
2. High quality image
The K200D combines a large, high-performance 23.5mm x 15.7mm CCD image sensor with the sophisticated PRIME (PENTAX Real Image Engine) as its imaging engine. With its approximately 10.2 effective megapixels, the K200D produces beautiful, fine-detailed images with subtle gradations and texture descriptions. In addition, the K200D features Custom Image function that helps to create its intended images by allowing the users to select one of the six modes and adjusting the image’s finishing touches to their presence.
3. Comprehensive Dust Removal system with prevention, removal and confirmation devices
The K200D features the user-friendly Dust Removal (DR) system to prevent dust from appearing in images. Applied to the CCD surface (or low-pass filter) through the vapor deposition of a fluorine compound, the PENTAX-original SP (Super Protect) coating effectively removes dust and stains from the surface. In the next step, dust that still remains on the surface will be shaken off when the SR system shifts the image sensor at high speed. Finally, the dust that is shaken off the image sensor will fall onto an adhesive sheet positioned at the bottom of the SR unit, eliminating any possibility of it returning to the image sensor surface. This DR system even offers a new Dust Alert function, which allows the user to confirm the dust-adhesion status of the CCD in advance.
4. Dust-proof, water-resistant construction
The K200D boasts an extremely reliable dust-proof, water-resistant construction, with special seals applied to 60 different parts of the camera body, including the shutter release button and switches/levers/dials. This dependable body makes it possible to use the K200D in the rain or dusty locations without worries.
5. Auto sensitivity control up to ISO 1600
The K200D’s auto sensitivity control function automatically sets the optimum sensitivity up to ISO 1600, based on such data as the subject’s brightness level and the lens’ focal length. Since this function allows the user to use faster shutter speeds in poor lighting situations (such as indoor sports events and night scenes), it helps the photographer to effectively reduce camera shake and prevent blurred images. For specialized applications, the sensitivity can be set manually from ISO 100 to ISO 1600.
6.High-precision 11-point wide-frame AF
The K200D’s advanced SAFOX VIII autofocus system features 11 sensor points (with nine cross-type sensors positioned in the middle) to automatically focus on the subject with utmost precision, even when it is positioned off center. When the subject is captured in focus, the in-focus sensor point is automatically superimposed in red in the viewfinder for at-a-glance confirmation.
7. Bright, clear viewfinder
Combining a lightweight penta-mirror prism with a PENTAX-original finder optics and the acclaimed Natural-Bright-Matte II focusing screen, the K200D’s viewfinder delivers a large, bright image with an approximately 96-percent field of view and an approximately 0.85-times magnification.
8. Versatile Auto Picture mode
The PENTAX-developed Auto Picture mode automatically sets the most appropriate shooting mode (such as Portrait, Landscape and Macro) for a given subject or situation. Since the K200D not only sets an aperture and a shutter speed, but also adjusts white-balance, saturation, contrast and sharpness levels, the photographer can concentrate on image composition and shutter opportunity.
9. Large 2.7-inch wide-view LCD monitor
The K200D features a large 2.7-inch color LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots on its back panel. The LCD’s wide-view design allows the photographer to check the monitor image from approximately 160 degrees both vertically and horizontally. It even offers digital zooming of playback images up to 20 times for easy confirmation of focus.
10. Other features
- High-rigidity stainless-steel chassis
- Choice of 16-segment multi-pattern metering, center-weighted metering and spot metering to accommodate various photographic applications
- 22 custom functions to personalize camera operations
- Approximately 1100 images can be taken when using AA size lithium batteries due to its energy saving design
- Compatibility with conventional SD and large-capacity SDHC memory cards
- Simultaneous recording of RAW- and JPEG-format images
- RAW button for single-action image-file switching
- Eight digital filters for creative and artistic expressions
- In-body development of recorded RAW-format images
- Compatibility with SDM equipped lenses for quiet, extra-smooth autofocus operation
- PENTAX PHOTO Laboratory 3, RAW data processing software and PENTAX PHOTO Browser 3, browser software, included on the accompanying CD-ROM
Sep 1, 2008
Sep 1, 2008
Jan 17, 2011
Jan 7, 2011
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!