Fujifilm X100T announced with updated hybrid viewfinder
Fujifilm has announced the X100T, the latest evolution of its popular X-series of enthusiast compacts. Introduced with this model is an updated Hybrid Viewfinder that includes a new electronic rangefinder feature and automatic brightness controls. The X100T carries over the 16MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor seen in its predecessor as well as a fixed 23mm (35mm equiv) F2 lens. LCD specifications are also upgraded over the X100S, with the X100T offering a 1.04M dot 3" LCD.
The X100T provides slightly updated external controls including a wider ±3 exposure compensation dial, an aperture ring with 1/3 steps and seven customizable Fn buttons. Film simulation modes have been expanded as well to include 'Classic Chrome' for 'muted tones and deep color reproduction.'
The X100T will be offered in silver or all-black for $1299.95 in mid-November.
FUJIFILM ANNOUNCES FLAGSHIP X100T PREMIUM COMPACT WITH IMPROVED HYBRID VIEWFINDER, ENHANCED CONTROLS AND ULTRA FAST SHUTTER SPEED
X100T Features Electronic Rangefinder, improved ergonomics, and new 'Classic Chrome' Film Simulation for intensely colored photos
Valhalla, N.Y., September 10, 2014 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the new FUJIFILM X100T, a premium compact, fixed lens camera designed for photographers looking for the ultimate in image quality, performance and functionality. The X100T comes newly equipped with an advanced Hybrid Viewfinder with an Electronic Rangefinder that now gives users reduced display lag times, automatic brightness controls and a Natural Live View shooting display.
The new FUJIFILM X100T blends award-winning image quality with a renowned design that gives enthusiast and professional photographers the most important controls and functions at their fingertips. The X100T combines the resolution and power of the APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor and EXR Processor II with a bright FUJINON 23mm F2 fixed lens for optical excellence.
And to give photographers a new type of film simulation to work with, the X100T ships with Fujifilm's new 'Classic Chrome' film simulation that delivers muted tones and deep color reproduction for beautifully dramatic images.
Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder with Electronic Rangefinder
The FUJIFILM X100T uses an improved Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder with Electronic Rangefinder that allows focusing as if using a mechanical rangefinder. While in optical viewfinder mode, pushing the OVF / EVF switching lever to the left will switch the viewfinder to electronic rangefinder mode. Additionally, Focus Peak Highlight and Digital Split Image can be selected, and the magnification of the focused area can be changed. Compared to the X100S, the frame coverage in the X100T has been increased from 90% to 92%, and the field of view can now be accurately checked closer to the actual subject. The X100T also uses Real-time parallax correction for more accurate image composition. Reframing after bringing the image into focus is no longer necessary, allowing for a seamless shooting experience.
Photographers also now have access to Shooting Effect Reflection settings within the Hybrid Viewfinder to recreate selected camera effects, including Film Simulations. When turned off, users can see the natural view. The image within the finder is displayed at the maximum frame when shooting under dim light and dark areas such as night scenes, enabling shooting while looking at a smooth image, all while greatly reducing display lag time.
Range of controls expanded, upgraded body
The FUJIFILM X100T now allows photographers to set the aperture to 1/3 steps using the aperture ring, while the exposure compensation dial has been extended to ±3 stops. Also, the command lever has been changed to a command dial, and through the adoption of a 4-way controller to improve operability. The X100T is also now equipped with 7 customizable Fn buttons for a truly personal shooting experience.
The FUJIFILM X100T has an upgraded body that is die-cast magnesium on the top surface and bottom of the body for a highly durable and functional design. The X100T's aperture ring, shutter speed dial, and exposure compensation dial now have a groove shaped pattern for an improved feel and grip. The X100T also features a high-definition 1.04M-dot 3" LCD has for extraordinary visibility.
New "Classic Chrome" film simulation
Fujifilm's unprecedented image quality has been cultivated through the development of photographic films over the past 80 years and helps to reproduce warm skin tones, bright blue skies and rich green trees, just as photographers remember the scene. The X100T ships with the new 'Classic Chrome' film simulation mode, which delivers muted tones and deep color reproduction.
FUJIFILM X100T key features:
- 16.3MP APS-C size X-Trans CMOS II sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder (OVF / EVF) equipped with an Electronic Rangefinder
- Intelligent Hybrid AF in 0.08 seconds
- Fast start-up time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.01 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.5 seconds
- FUJINON 23mm (35mm in 35mm format Equivalent) F2 lens in 8 glass elements in 6 groups with FUJINON's proprietary HT-EBC coating
- ND filter equivalent to 3 stops of aperture
- High speed continuous shooting of 6fps (25 frames continuously in JPEG at full resolution)
- Completely electronic shutter up to 1/32000 seconds
- High-definition 1.04M-dot 3" LCD
- NEW 'Classic Chrome' and other film simulation modes
- Macro mode to 3.9" (10cm)
- Focus Peaking function and Digital Split Image display
- Full HD video 1080p at 60fps; bit rate of 36Mbps for clear capture of delicate movements; frame rates of 50fps, 30fps, 25fps and 24fps, supporting worldwide motion picture formats
- Manual focus available during video recording
- Free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application and Wireless Communication function allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets via WiFi
- Photos can be sent to the INSTAX Share Printer using the free INSTAX Share App (iOS and Android) SHARE Smartphone Printer
- Output for Stereo Microphone
- Interval timer shooting (1 second to 24 hours up to 999 frames)
FUJIFILM X100T Accessories:
- NEW Hand Grip MHG-X100 for increased grip; possible to swap the battery and media while the grip is attached to the camera; tripod screw hole can be placed in the optical axis center, and the base parts are equipped with a 38mm width dovetail protrusion plate
- Wide Conversion Lens WCL-X100 dedicated wide conversion lens for expanding the field of view by multiplying the fixed focal length by approximately 0.8x, converting it to 28mm (35mm format equivalent)
- Tele-conversion Lens TCL-X100a dedicated tele-conversion lens for narrowing the field of view by multiplying the fixed focal length by approximately 1.4x, converting it to 50mm (35mm format equivalent)
- Leather Case LC-X100S that allows users to swap the battery and media when the case is attached to the camera
- External Stereo Microphone MIC-ST1 to record a realistic voice along with high-quality, smooth, Full HD videos
The FUJIFILM X100T will be available in Silver and all Black in mid-November 2014 for USD $1299.95 \ CAD $1399.99.
Fujifilm X100T specifications
|Body type||Large sensor compact|
|Max resolution||4896 x 3264|
|Other resolutions||4896ｘ2760,264 × 3264, 3456ｘ2304, 3456ｘ1944, 2304 × 230, 2496ｘ1664, 2496ｘ1408 , 1664 × 1664|
|Image ratio w:h||1:1, 3:2, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||16 megapixels|
|Sensor size||APS-C (23.6 x 15.8 mm)|
|Processor||EXR Processor II|
|Color space||sRGB, Adobe RGB|
|Color filter array||X-Trans|
|ISO||Auto, 200-6400 (expands to 100-51200)|
|Boosted ISO (minimum)||100|
|Boosted ISO (maximum)||51200|
|White balance presets||7|
|Custom white balance||Yes|
|JPEG quality levels||Fine, Normal|
|Optics & Focus|
|Focal length (equiv.)||35 mm|
|Autofocus assist lamp||Yes|
|Normal focus range||50 cm (19.69″)|
|Macro focus range||10 cm (3.94″)|
|Number of focus points||49|
|Screen / viewfinder|
|Viewfinder type||Electronic and Optical (tunnel)|
|Minimum shutter speed||30 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/4000 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic)||1/32000 sec|
|Flash range||9.00 m (at ISO 1600)|
|External flash||Yes (hot-shoe)|
|Flash modes||Auto, forced, suppressed, slow synchro, commander|
|Continuous drive||6.0 fps|
|Self-timer||Yes (2 or 10 sec)|
|Exposure compensation||±2 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|AE Bracketing||±3 (at 1/3 EV, 2/3 EV, 1 EV steps)|
|Resolutions||1920 x 1080 (60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p)|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|Wireless notes||802.11b/g/n with smartphone control|
|Battery description||Lithium-Ion NP-95 rechargeable battery & charger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||330|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||440 g (0.97 lb / 15.52 oz)|
|Dimensions||127 x 74 x 52 mm (5 x 2.91 x 2.05″)|
Jul 22, 2016
Jul 18, 2016
Jul 20, 2016
Mar 20, 2016
|Meet at HKCC Rain or Shine by pen araneae|
from Your City - Rain Down on Me
|Pregnancy Is Beautiful by sye46|
from Women's World
|Criss-Cross Traffic by PEB|
from Best Use of Motion
|Picking a Star in the Milky Way by vbuhay|
from My Best Photo of the Week