Fujifilm has released the 3D Print System, a three dimensional dye sublimation printer in the UK. The printer joins the company's 3D imaging system that includes the W1 digital camera, V1 picture viewer and 3D prints. It will start shipping from Summer 2010.
Fujifilm Introduces Dye Sublimation 3D Printer to the UK
New "3D Print System" introduces faster service time, reduced print costs and improved variety of 3D print products
February 2, 2010: Fujifilm UK Ltd. is pleased to announce the launch of a radical new 3D printer; the "3D Print System". This exciting new development will bring the enjoyment of 3D images to a wider audience than ever before, and will introduce many significant improvements to consumers over Fujifilm's current 3D print service. The compact 3D Print System will hit the UK in early summer 2010, bringing a novel offering to on-site print services, ideal for event photographers, tourist attractions and theme parks.
Fujifilm has positioned itself as market leader in 3D photography with the launch of the FinePix 3D REAL W1 digital camera and FinePix REAL V1 digital photo frame in Autumn 2009. These allow users, for the first time ever, to capture and view 3D images without the need to wear special 3D glasses. To print their 3D photos, currently users have to order prints online directly from Fujifilm. These are printed on a special Frontier system in Japan and can take several weeks to return to the consumer.
With the launch of the new 3D Print System, 3D prints can be created on the spot, using a PC to process the MPO file via Fujifilm's newly developed image processing software. Using Fujifilm's proprietary "Image Intelligence™" technology and "3D Image Processing", high quality, life-like prints are produced in a matter of minutes. Excellent 'photographic' results are produced using dye-sublimation technology to print directly on to the base of a lenticular sheet.
As prints can be produced locally with the minimum of fuss, consumers can receive their prints back in days, not weeks, and the cost per print will be reduced significantly.
Thanks to the small footprint of the system - 0.9m (H) x 0.5m (W) x 0.5m (D) - the offering of 3D prints can be established easily without the need for much space, perfect for event photographers who need a portable system, and for shops where space is at a premium.
Another significant improvement on the existing service is a wider variety of products. Prints will be available in four sizes, from 4x6 inches to larger 6x9 prints. And, rather than the standard 3D prints currently available, the new print system can also combine a 3D image with a 3D template, and a 2D image with a 3D template. These new 3D print varieties are well suited to on-site print services, at venues such as theme parks, tourist attractions and cruise ships.
As an industry leader in the 3D photography market, these new developments in 3D printing ensure that Fujifilm continues to develop and expand its 3D offering enabling more and more people to discover the wonders of 3D image capture
Pricing for the 3D Print System will be announced in April 2010.
Key Features of 3D Print System
- On-site production of high-quality 3D prints
- Fujifilm's proprietary digital image processing technology, "Image Intelligence" and "3D Image Processing"
- Direct thermal sublimation printing method which achieves high definition 3D prints on special lenticular sheets
- Small foot print, at 450(W) × 430(D) × 900(H) mm, the 3D printer is suited to most locations
- Four print sizes available: 4 × 6 inch (10.2 × 15.2 cm), 6 × 4 inch (15.2 × 10.2 cm), 5 × 7 inch (12.7 × 17.8 cm), and 6 × 9 inch (15.2 × 22.9 cm)
- Variety of 3D prints available including 3D composite prints using 3D templates for greater creativity
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!