Pentax UK has today announced the Optio33LF. It has a 3.2 megapixel CCD, 3X optical zoom lens and advanced PENTAX image processing technologies. It also offers the advantage of a handy swivelling LCD monitor an innovation enabling shooting possibilities through accurate composition from above or below eye level! It is due out in late October, and is planned to retail for £229.99.
The Optio33LF the compact digital camera with all-round potential
The Optio33LF is a coming together of fun, quality, and versatility. With 3.2 effective megapixels and advanced PENTAX image processing technologies, it achieves high-level clarity whatever your subject. And with a 3X zoom lens and 2.7X digital zoom for combined 8.1X zoom performance, it gives you the freedom to frame subjects exactly as you like. It also offers the exceptional advantage of a handy swivelling LCD monitor an innovation enabling entirely new shooting possibilities through accurate composition from above or below eye level!
3.2 effective megapixels
- The Optio33LF produces images that retain impressive sharpness even when significantly enlarged thanks to the power of 3.2 effective megapixels.
- Advanced PENTAX image processing technologies empower the user with amazing dynamic range, gradations of exceptional detail, satisfyingly high resolution, and drastically enhanced overall image quality.
Innovative swivelling LCD monitor/optical viewfinder
- The 1.6-inch LCD monitor moves through 180 degrees horizontally and 270 degrees vertically for enhanced compositional versatility.
- It not only makes self-portraits extremely easy, but allows for versatile shooting from the waist or above your head to achieve images that would normally be out of reach.
- An optical viewfinder allows you to conserve power when you want by switching off the LCD monitor.
A powerful 3X optical zoom lens and Macro mode
- The Optio33LF features a 3X optical zoom lens (equivalent to a 38-114mm lens in 35mm format).
- The optical zooming capability can also be combined with 2.7X digital zoom for a total zooming capacity of 8.1X.
- Macro mode lets you compose from as close as just 0.1m (0.33ft) from your subject, allowing you to fill the frame with even the tiniest objects.
A variety of shooting modes
- The Optio33LF offers various shooting modes to easily cope with different shooting situations.
- With a handy virtual mode dial, shooting mode selection has been simplified. Just select the easy-to-understand icon most closely related to your choice of subject, compose, and shoot!
- The virtual mode dial and menu displays can be magnified by 1.5X for easier recognition, if desired.
- Program mode - Program mode allows for minimal preparation, enabling you to grasp a fleeting photo opportunity while the Optio33LF automatically sets the appropriate shutter speed and aperture.
- 7 picture modes - The Optio33LF lets you tackle a range of subjects and situations with confidence. 7 picture modes are Portrait, Self-portrait, Flower, Sunset, Landscape, Surf, and Snow.
- Night scene mode - Night scene mode provides pleasing results when shooting in low light conditions. A burst of flash can also be added to give further detail to the foreground.
- Movie* - Simple selection of Movie mode allows movie files without sound to be recorded with durations from one second to 30 seconds for MultiMediaCard use, or up to available memory card capacity for SD memory card use. Furthermore, each file is recorded with the clarity of 320 x 240 pixels in AVI (Motion JPEG) format for easy playback on PC. *Recorded movies can be viewed using ACDSee for PENTAX (on systems with QuickTimeTM installed).
- Panorama Assist mode - Panorama Assist mode is the answer when a single shot is simply not enough to capture an entire scene. Just take a set of horizontal or vertical shots of the subject following simple camera guidance, then align and combine them later with the help of the user-friendly software provided. * ACD photostitcher software is compatible with Windows systems only.
- Digital filters - Digital filters let you inject a little more creativity into your shooting. Select from black and white, sepia, red, blue, and green filters, or produce stunning results by shooting images entirely in black and white apart from areas matching your selection of red, green, or blue.
Sophisticated, stylish and compact body design
- Despite its big potential and a powerful 3X zoom lens, the Optio33LF has surprisingly compact dimensions of a mere 108.5 (W) x 64.5 (H) x 41.5 (D)mm.
- Whats more, it weighs only 175g*, making it the perfect digital camera to take with you, wherever you go. *Excluding batteries and an SD memory card.
Easy operation and quick delete/magnification
- At PENTAX, we believe it shouldnt be difficult to take a stunning shot thats why we designed the Optio33LF to offer easy performance.
- It allows functions such as quick delete and magnification to be customized for easier access, while display and shutter operation can be done with the touch of a single button.
- Just switch out of shooting and start displaying by pressing a standalone button, or go the other way with just a touch of the shutter button.
- The ability to customize one frequently used function significantly speeds usage. Just select one function from a choice of 11 and allocate it to the left and right positions of the handy four-way controller for easy access.
- For easy access, the Optio33LF can be powered by two AA batteries in addition to lithium CR-V3 batteries.
- 12MB (approx.) built-in memory
- SD memory card/MultiMediaCard (MMC) compatibility
- Exclusive ACDSee for PENTAX for easy graphic conversion, album creation, etc. included
- Built-in auto flash
- DPOF function, Exif Print/PRINT Image Matching II compatibility
- World time function displays the time for 62 cities
- Image lock can hide protected images so they are temporarily prevented from being displayed
Pentax Optio33LF Specifications
|Sensor|| 1/2.7 inch interline transfer
RGB Color Filter Array
3.34 megapixels (total pixels)
|Effective pixel count||3.2 megapixels|
|Color Depth||12 Bit|
|Image sizes|| 2048 x 1536
1600 x 1200
1024 x 768
640 x 480
|Image Quality|| Better
|Movie clips|| 320 x 240
pixels approx. 16fps
approx. 1 sec. to memory card capacity (with SD memory card)
approx. 1 sec. to approx. 30 sec. (with MultiMediaCard)
|File formats|| Still JPEG (Exif 2.2), DCF,
Movie AVI (Motion JPEG Format)
|Lens|| PENTAX power zoom 5.8mm-17.4mm
(38mm-114mm 35mm equiv)
F2.6-F5.0, 6 elements in 5 groups (1 aspherical element)
|Digital zoom||1x - 2.7x|
|Focus|| Type TTL contrast detection
Manual focus/Infinity-landscape mode available
Focusing Areas 5-point autofocus, spot autofocus
Focusing Range Autofocus Normal: 0.4m (1.31ft) to infinity
Macro: 0.1m (0.33ft) to 0.5m (1.64 ft)
Manual focus 0.1m (0.33ft) to infinity
|Metering|| Multi-segment metering
|Exposure compen.||±2EV (1/3 steps)|
|Shutter||1/2000 sec. to 2 sec.
Shutter Programmed AE electronic lens shutter with CCD electronic shutter
|White balance|| Auto
|Viewfinder||Optical Viewfinder Actual-image zoom viewfinder|
|LCD monitor|| 1.6 inch, TFD colour swivelling
LCD (approx. 72,000 pixels)
field of view: approx. 100%
Nine-image and 1X-12X magnification available in playback mode
|Flash|| Flash Built-in series-control
Automatic discharge under low lighting and backlight conditions in auto modes
Flash-on and Flash-off modes. "Red-eye" reduction function also available.
Effective Range Approx. 0.2m - 5.0m (0.66ft - 16.4ft) (5.8mm at sensitivity Auto)
Approx. 0.1m - 2.7m (0.33ft - 8.86ft) (17.4mm at sensitivity Auto)
|Drive Modes|| One shot
|Exposure Modes|| Program
|Picture Modes|| Landscape
|Photo Effects|| Black & White
|Storage|| Built-in memory (approx.12MB)
SD memory card, MultiMediaCard (MMC)
One Lithium battery CR-V3 (allows approximately 500 shots
to be taken*)
|Dimensions||108.5(W) x 64.5(H) x 41.5(D)mm (4.3 x 2.5 x 1.6 inches) (excluding protrusions)|
225g ( 7.9 oz.) loaded and ready
|Time||World Time Displays the time in 62 cities (28 time zones)|
|Languages||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese|
|_F0A5334-Edit_small by Dester Wallaboo|
from Open Air Fashion Photography
|Old Harry's Rocks by John93Robertson|
from View from the top - Sea