CES 2006: Pentax has today announced the six megapixel entry-level Optio E10 with easy to use features such as the 'Simple' mode on the mode dial, which sets everything except for the size and quality of the photograph. The Optio E10 offers six million pixels, a movie function, six scene modes and a 2.4-inch LCD for framing your shots. It takes two AA batteries and is PictBridge-compatible which means you can print to any PictBridge printer, no matter what the make or model.
PENTAX Optio E10
An entry-level compact digital camera with a 6.0 effective megapixel and a 3X optical zoom lens that lets even beginners enjoy hassle-free photography.
January 4, 2006 - PENTAX Corporation is pleased to introduce the new PENTAX Optio E10. Featuring a Mode dial that permits simple mode selection, the Optio E10 is a slim, lightweight compact digital camera aimed at beginners to photography complete with a 3X optical zoom lens.
1. Mode dial for straightforward mode selection
The Optio E10’s Mode dial, located on the top of the body, allows quick, clear-cut selection of the cameras eight versatile modes — six still-image shooting modes, a movie mode, and a setup mode.
2. Simple mode is easy on beginners
The Simple mode takes the guesswork out of taking pictures for first-time digital photographers. Just turning the Mode dial to Simple mode automatically sets all still-image photo settings except for Size and Quality.
3. 6.0 effective megapixels provide outstanding image quality
Enjoy the top-quality photography of the Optio E10 delivered from its 1/2.5-inch CCD with 6.36 total megapixels. In addition to the high definition of 6.0 effective megapixels, the primary-color filter produces more natural, vivid colors while the 12-bit A/D converter evenly reproduces all tones from dark to light.
4. 3X optical and up to approx. 12X total zoom magnification
The Optio E10 comes with a 3X optical zoom lens equivalent to a 34-102mm lens in 35mm format. When the optical zoom is paired with the digital zoom function (1X to approx. 4X), the camera can attain up to approx. 12X effective zoom magnification.
5. Large, 2.4-inch LCD monitor
The Optio E10 manages to fit in a large, 2.4-inch LCD monitor despite its compact body dimensions. Not only does the monitor’s size make it easier to compose and play back images, it also permits easier operation and setup thanks to its larger, easier-to-read menu display.
6. AA battery compatible
The camera can be powered with widely available AA batteries so you can always get replacements, even on vacation.
7. Other features
(1) Supports SD memory cards; approximately 10MB of built-in memory
(2) AV output terminal for playback on televisions (supports both NTSC and PAL)
(3) Built-in auto flash with red-eye reduction*
(4) Macro mode allows close-up photography as near as 5 cm at full wide-angle setting
(5) USB mass storage class compliant
(6) ACDSee for PENTAX image viewer/image management software
(7) DPOF functions, Exif Print, and PRINT Image Matching III compatible
(8) PictBridge compatible
* This mode may not eliminate “red eye” in all instances.
1/2.5" Type CCD
|Image sizes|| 2816x2112
|Movie clips|| 320x240
20 fps with sound, limited only by capacity of the memory card
|Lens|| 34-102mm (35 mm equiv) 3x optical zoom
|Digital zoom||Up to 4x|
|Focus||TTL contrast detection auto focus system|
Normal: 0.5m - infinity
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
|Exposure compensation|| +/-2EV
|Shutter speed||1/1000 - 2 secs|
|Scene modes|| Auto
|White balance|| Auto
|Image parameters|| Black and white
Modes: On, off, red-eye reduction
Range: 0.5m - 3.4m (W) at 200 ISO, 0.5m - 2.0m (T) at 200 ISO
|LCD monitor|| 2.4" TFT LCD
|Print compliance|| DPOF
|Storage|| SD card
10 MB internal memory
|Power|| 2x AA (alkaline or rechargeable) batteries
AC adapter optional
|Weight|| 130 g (4.6 oz) (no batt)
180 g (6.3 oz) (including batteries and memory card
|Dimensions||87 x 60 x 32 mm (3.4 x 2.4 x 1.3 in)|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!