Pentax today announced an updated version of the K100D digital SLR. The new K100D Super adds ISO 3200 sensitivity, SDM (Supersonic Drive Motor) lens support and a Dust Removal system which operates in the same manner as the K10D; a combination of a special protective coating on the low pass filter and a high frequency 'shake' of the sensor using the SR system. In addition to the K100D Pentax has also revealed a new compact P-TTL flash, the AF-200G which has a guide number of 20.
PENTAX Introduces the K100D Super with Dust Removal System for Flawless, User Friendly Photography
28th June 2007: PENTAX U.K. launches the PENTAX K100D Super, a new standard-class digital SLR camera boasting advanced features to enable photographers of all levels to produce the highest quality images with minimum effort.
Based on the extremely popular PENTAX K100D lens-interchangeable digital SLR camera, the easy-to-hold and easy-to-use K100D Super features an innovative Dust Removal (DR) system to keep dust off the CCD surface and ensure optimum image quality. It also incorporates the PENTAX-developed Shake Reduction (SR) system which reduces camera shake for sharp, blur-free images even under the most demanding shooting conditions such as when using a telephoto lens or for extended exposures for sunset and night scenes.
The K100D Super’s sophisticated SAFOX VIII auto-focus system has 11 sensor points (with nine cross-type sensors in the middle) to automatically capture off centre subjects in crisp focus. By combining 6.1 effective megapixels with a high-performance imaging engine and advanced image-processing technologies, the K100D Super is designed to produce beautiful true-to-life images that are rich in gradation. In addition, it boasts a choice of two finishing touches of “natural” or “bright” to create a distinctive atmosphere and an Auto Picture mode for effortless point and shoot photography.
The K100D Super accepts both conventional SD memory cards and also the newly standardised SDHC cards which allow a much greater number of images to be stored on the camera.
The camera will retail at £TBC.
1. PENTAX original Shake Reduction mechanism for sharp, blur-free images
Using magnetic force, this SLR system shifts the camera’s image sensor vertically and horizontally at the optimum speed to compensate for the amount of camera shake detected, assuring outstanding compensation effects (equivalent to approximately 2 to 3.5 shutter steps). Since this versatile system is compatible with all existing PENTAX interchangeable lenses*, it does not require special anti-shake lenses equipped with add-on optics or devices.
*Compatible with K-, KA-, KAF-, KAF2-mount lenses without an adaptor, and screw-mount, 645-system and 67-system lenses with an adaptor. Available functions may be limited with certain lenses.
2. Dust Removal system to keep dust off the CCD surface
Applied to the CCD surface through a vapour deposition process of a fluorine compound, the PENTAX-original Super Protect (SP) coating effectively removes dust and stains from the surface. In the next step, dust that still remains on the surface will be shaken off when the SR system shifts the CCD at high speed. The dust that is shaken off the CCD will fall onto an adhesive sheet positioned at the bottom of the SR unit, eliminating any possibility of its returning to the CCD surface.
3. Auto sensitivity control up to 3200 standard output sensitivity
The K100D Super features an auto sensitivity control function, which automatically sets the optimum standard output sensitivity — up to 3200, which is the highest automatic setting in its class — based on such data as the subject’s brightness level and the lens’ focal length. Since this function allows the use of higher shutter speeds in poor lighting situations (such as indoor sports events and night scenes), it helps the photographer to effectively reduce camera shake and prevent blurred images. The user can pre-program a desired level, from ISO 200 to the super-high sensitivity of the ISO 3200.
4. Auto Picture Mode for effortless point-and-shoot SLR photography
The PENTAX-original Auto Picture mode automatically and instantly selects one of five picture modes (including portrait, landscape, and macro) to create the most appropriate visual effect for a given subject. Since the camera sets all primary parameters (including shutter speed, aperture, white balance, saturation, contrast and sharpness), the photographer can concentrate on picture composition and shutter opportunity.
5. 11-point wide-frame AF to capture off-centre subjects in crisp focus
The K100D Super’s sophisticated SAFOX VIII autofocus system features 11 sensor points (with nine cross-type sensors in the middle) to automatically focus on the subject with utmost precision, even when it is positioned off centre. The in-focus sensor point is automatically superimposed in red in the viewfinder for at-a-glance confirmation.
6. Large LCD monitor to facilitate image viewing and menu setting
The K100D Super features a large 2.5-inch colour LCD monitor on its back panel. Its wide-view design allows the photographer to check the monitor image over 140 degrees vertically and horizontally, ensuring effortless image viewing even from a diagonal position. It provides 210,000 pixels for high-resolution image viewing, with a zoom display function that lets users magnify images up to 12 times.
7. Bright, clear viewfinder
The K100D Super features a lightweight penta-mirror viewfinder, which combines PENTAX-original finder optics with a Natural-Bright-Matte II focusing screen to deliver a bright, clear subject image with a 0.85-times magnification and a 96-percent field of view.
8. True-to-life, rich-gradation images assured by 6.1 effective megapixels
The K100D features a large, high-performance 23.5mm x 15.7mm CCD as its image sensor, assuring the faithful reproduction of the desired photographic intention in the resulting images — from images with beautiful out-of-focus backgrounds to those with edge-to-edge sharpness.
9. Compatibility with high-quality, high –capacity SDHC memory card
The K100D Super accepts not only the conventional SD memory card as its storage media, but also the newly standardized SDHC card, ** which allows the user to store a great number of large data files, such as RAW-format images.
** SD High Capacity card, with a storage capacity exceeding 2 GB
10. Compatibility with SDM system for smoother, quieter auto-focusing operation
The K100D Super’s camera body is compatible with a new SDM system,which assures smoother, quieter autofocusing operation using a built in supersonic motor. When the lens equipped with SDM system is mounted on the PENTAX K100D Super camera body, the focus mode is automatically switched to SDM assisted autofocusing.
11.Compact, lightweight body with optimum holding comfort
The K100D Super has been designed to be compact and lightweight for easy carrying and enhanced maneuverability. It also offers an easy-to-hold grip to assure a stable shooting position.
12. Other features
- 19 custom functions to personalise camera operations
- Consecutive shooting of up to five frames at the speed of approximately 2.8 frames per second (at BEST image quality in JPEG format)
- Eight distinctive Scene modes to accommodate specific subjects/applications
- Choice of two preview functions (digital/optical)
- Choice of 16-segment multi-pattern metering, centre-weighted metering and spot metering to accommodate various photographic applications
- Noise reduction mechanism to reduce digital noise during extended exposures
- Dual power source (two CR-V3 lithium batteries, or four AA-size batteries)
- USB 2.0 (HI-SPEED) compatibility for speedy data transfer to PC
- Five digital filters (black-and-white, sepia, slim, soft and brightness) for easy editing of recorded images
- PENTAX PHOTO Laboratory 3 RAW data and image processing software and PENTAX PHOTO Browser 3 image browser software included on the accompanying CD-ROM
- Compatibility with PictBridge, DPOF, Exif Print and PRINT Image MatchingⅢ formats
Jun 16, 2010
May 14, 2010
May 4, 2010
May 4, 2010
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Lighthouse, Bottom of the World by CelticOdyssey|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 12, L
|Dundrum by Rik Powdrill|