Nikon DX VR 18-200 mm F3.5-5.6G Zoom
Nikon has today announced an impressive 11.1x DX format optical zoom lens with Vibration Reduction. The AF-S DX VR 18-200mm F3.5-5.6G IF-ED Zoom-Nikkor (try saying that three times quickly) provides an equivelant field of view range of 27 to 300 mm on a DX format digital SLR (such as the newly announced D200). In addition to the big zoom range you get a silent wave motor for high speed focusing and Vibration Reduction II (pretty essential at 300 mm equiv.). It is expected to be around €749 and should be available at 'the end of December 2005'.
New DX Zoom-Nikkor lens from Nikon features enhanced
Vibration Reduction system
- Available: End of December 2005
- RRP: €749
Nikon UK is pleased to announce the versatile AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED.
Compact, lightweight and packed with an array of advanced features, the AF-S DZ VR Zoom-Nikkor lens offers 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED focal range length and 11.1x zoom coupled with Nikon ED glass, Silent Wave Motor and enhanced Vibration Reduction (VR II).
The VR II feature enables significantly sharper handheld images at slower shutter speeds and in a wider range of lighting conditions than previous models. Equipped with the new lens, users can take pictures at shutter speeds up to four times slower than is possible with a non-VR lens.
The combination of the VR II technology, the 11x zoom feature and the focal length range – equivalent to a 27mm-300mm lens in 35mm format – means the AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor is an ideal total package for dedicated amateurs and professionals alike.
Nikon’s second generation VR technology offers users two modes to match different shooting conditions. First, the VR Normal Mode, which compensates for camera shake and includes automatic panning detection, as well as automatic tripod detection. And second, VR Active Mode, which compensates for pronounced or regular vibration, for example when shooting from a moving vehicle.
Like all AF-S Nikkors, the AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED features the compact Silent Wave Motor which enables high-speed autofocus that is not only extremely accurate but also super quiet, making it ideal for wildlife photography. In addition, the new lens has a minimum focus distance of 0.5m applicable to the entire zoom range.
- Offers the broad 18-200mm focal range (11.1x zoom) for use in a variety of situations (equivalent to a 27-300 mm lens in 35mm format)
- VR II system offers the equivalent of using a shutter speed 4 stops faster
- Two ED glass and three aspherical lens elements minimize chromatic aberration, astigmatism and other forms of distortion, while ensuring high resolution and contrast
- Incorporates a compact SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for quiet focusing
- Delivers high-level optical performance that is specially designed for use with the Nikon digital SLRs
- Employs a seven-blade rounded diaphragm opening that achieves a natural blur for out-of-focus elements
- Enables focusing from as close as 50cm (20 in.) from the subject through its entire focal range
- M/A mode for rapid switching between autofocus and manual focus operation
- Internal Focusing (IF) design enables use of circular polarizing filters
- High-grade Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) offers superb color reproduction while minimizing ghosting and flare
- Flower-shaped Lens Hood HB-35 (provided) greatly reduces stray light
|Focal length||18-200mm (equivalent to a 27-300mm lens in 35mm format)|
|Lens construction||16 elements in 12 groups (two ED glass elements, three aspherical lens elements)|
|Picture angle||76° - 8°|
|Minimum focus range||0.5m (1.6 ft.)|
|Dimensions (approx.)||77 x 96.5mm (3.0 x 3.8 in.)|
|Weight (approx.)||560g (19.8 oz.)|
|Included accessories||72mm Snap-on front lens cap (LC-72), Rear lens cap (LF-1), Bayonet hood (HB-35), Soft lens pouch (CL-1018)|
|Optional accessories||72mm screw-in filters|
|_F0A5334-Edit_small by Dester Wallaboo|
from Open Air Fashion Photography
|Feed me, me, me, me, me by Denjw|
from Attention-Seekers in Nature