Pre-CES 2011: Fujifilm has released what it claims is the world's thinnest 10x optical zoom compact camera in the shape of the FinePix T200. The 14Mp compact with a 2.7" LCD and 28-280mm equivalent lens includes features such as 720p HD recording, image stabilization, Motion Panorama and Photobook in-camera book design software
FinePix T200– Fujifilm has great photography down to a ‘T’ with the world’s thinnest 10x zoom compact camera!*
High quality photography just got a whole lot more accessible thanks to the introduction of the new FinePix T200. The ideal solution for those who want to buy a well specified, easy to use and more importantly, ultra compact, long zoom camera to take on their travels or use to capture family life, but who don’t want a hefty price tag to match.
The T200 offers a specification that few other models can match, including some of latest cutting edge technologies plucked from higher-end models in Fujifilm’s range.
High resolution, wide zoom range
With an impressive resolution of 14 megapixels, the FinePix T200 delivers files that can be printed out at A3 without the need for any software re-sizing. Equally impressive is the 10x zoom range, which stretches from 28-280mm (35mm equivalent). This powerful mix of features will ensure users can capture great images in no time, be they wide-angle land and cityscapes or closely cropped portraits and distant details.
In addition to the 10x zoom, the T200 also comes equipped with a powerful CCD shift Image Stabilisation (CIS) system that helps eliminate camera shake and deliver high quality images in a wide variety of lighting conditions.
CIS works during the exposure to counteract any hand movements. The result is an expanded range of shooting situations where the T200 can be used without the need for a tripod or other support. With CIS working hard in the background, you can capture sharp, colourful scenes and portraits at night. Plus, should the light be really low, the maximum sensitivity of ISO 3200** can be selected so you can keep shooting.
An easy to use model with premium features
Many photographers want to keep things simple when it comes to taking pictures and the T200 is an approachable, easy to use compact. But don’t think that you’re missing out on some of Fujifilm’s latest compact camera developments as a result. The FinePix T200 has a few technological tricks up its sleeve, including:
- Photobook Assist - picking the pictures to go in a photobook can be time-consuming and it can be difficult to visualise what the final book will look like. Not anymore! The T200’s Photobook Assist feature allows you to tag images that you’d like to use in a photobook; you can even tag the front cover shot. Then, when you’ve made the selection, the camera will create a simulation of the photobook which you can view through on the rear LCD.
- Motion Panorama - everybody likes shooting panoramic images, but no-one likes stitching them together afterwards on a PC. This mode makes shooting panoramas easy. Press the shutter release to start, rotate through and then the FinePix T200 will stitch all three shots together seamlessly. Capturing great panoramic shots has never been so fun – or easy!
- Face recognition - this is a great feature if you take a lot of pictures of people. When a photo is taken, you can store the name of the person/people in the image. By doing this, the T200 will then automatically find other images on the memory card featuring the same person. Use the Image Search function and you’ll quickly be able to find all the shots of a specific individual.
A Large and High Resolution LCD
- HD video - for those situations when you want to record video footage instead of still shots, the FinePix T200 offers 720p HD video at 30 frames per second.
Compact dimensions, perhaps, but this hasn’t affected the size of the rear LCD, which measures an impressive 2.7 inches from corner to corner. Images and menus are displayed in all their 230K dot glory, plus composition is easy on the large screen.
Slim and pocket-able for easy portability
A heavy, bulky camera is the last thing you need when you’re trying to travel light. The T200 is just 28.1mm thick and 97mm wide, so it’ll easily store in the corner of a travel bag or a jacket pocket. What’s more the camera is available in 4 colours, so there’s bound to be one to suit your taste.
Fujifilm FinePix T200 key features:
- 14 megapixels
- 10x optical zoom covering 28-280mm (35mm camera equivalent)
- 2.7 inch rear LCD with 230,000 pixels
- CCD Shift type Image Stabilisation
- Face recognition and Image Search
- ISO 3200 maximum sensitivity
- Super slim body
- Photobook Assist
- Motion panoramic shot capture
- Available in 4 colours: Black, Silver, Blue and Red
* Fujifilm research January 2011
**Resolution reduced to three megapixels at ISO 3200
Fujifilm FinePix T200 specifications
1/2.3 " Type CCD
14.0 million effective pixels
1280 x 720pixels @ 30fps
640 x 480pixels @ 30fps
320 x 240 pixels @ 30fps
||• Still image : JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.3 )
• Movie : AVI (Motion JPEG )
• Fujinon 10x Optical zoom lens
• F3.4 - F5.6
• f=5.0mm – 50.0mm
• 28 - 280mm equiv.
|AF area modes
• Tracking AF
||TTL 256-zones metering
• ISO 100
• ISO 200
• ISO 400
• ISO 800
• ISO 1600
• ISO 3200(at 3M)
• SR Auto
• Night + Flash
• Automatic scene recognition
• Preset (Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light)
||Approx. 10 sec./ 2 sec. delay
||• Auto flash (i-Flash)
• approx. 230,0000 pixels
• TFT colors LCD monitor
||• USB 2.0 High Speed
• HDMI mini connector
NTSC / PAL selectable
||• SD / SDHC memory card
||Li-ion battery NP-45A
|Number of frames
|Weight (no batt)
|Weight (inc. batt & card)
||97 (W) x 57(H) x 28(D) mm
||• Li-ion battery NP-45A
• Battery charger BC-45C
• Plug adapter
• USB cable
• Hand strap
• Owner's manual