Fujifilm offers silver X-T1 and firmware update
In time for Photokina, Fujifilm has announced a new version of its weather-resistant X-T1 camera. The Graphite Silver edition' X-T1 gets a multi-layer coating of ultra-fine paint particles for a 'smooth and luxurious' finish. Also announced is an X-T1 and XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR kit for the black edition of the camera, available in September for $1899.95.
The silver X-T1 will offer a few features introduced with the just-announced X100T. These include a maximum shutter speed of 1/32,000 second when using electronic shutter, a 'Classic Chrome' film simulation mode and 'natural live view' mode that allows the user to disable live preview of film mode effects in the viewfinder. The silver edition X-T1 will be available in November body-only for $1499.95.
Both silver and black versions of the camera will get a firmware update in December, bringing the Silver version's additional features and making some notable changes to camera operation and interface. With the update, direct AF area selection will be offered with the four-way controller, and items included in the camera's Q menu will be customizable by the user. It also introduces video frame rate selection, making 50, 25, and 24 fps options available.
FUJIFILM ANNOUNCES DELUXE X-T1 GRAPHITE SILVER EDITION
New triple layer coating gives the X-T1 a sophisticated and durable finish; EVF updated with Natural Live View and electronic shutter speed increased up to 1/32000 second; X-T1 and XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR black kit announced
Valhalla, N.Y., September 10, 2014 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the new special edition FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver, a weather-resistant premium interchangeable lens camera with a large OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF) that delivers an instant image preview. The X-T1 Graphite Silver also includes the latest generation 16.3 Megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor and the segment's fastest autofocus of 0.08 seconds*1 for professional photographers and enthusiasts who want the ultimate in image quality in all weather conditions.
Triple layer coating for a remarkable Graphite Silver finish
The new FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver edition uses a triple layer coating to give it a unique and durable fit and finish. Following an antioxidant treatment on the magnesium body, a matte black undercoat (primer) is applied to the X-T1 as a first coat. The black undercoat tightens the colors of the shadowed areas and makes the highlighted areas stand out. Then, the X-T1 body is rotated at a high speed while thin coats of ultra-fine paint particles are layered using a computer controlled "Thin-film Multilayer Coating Technology" for a smooth and luxurious Graphite Silver finish. Finally, the X-T1 is given a clear coat for extra durability and a deep gloss finish that subtly changes its appearance depending on how it is struck by the light.
Natural Live View and increased shutter speed
The FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver edition has been upgraded with a new Natural Live View in the EVF that displays images just as the naked eye sees them. With the X-T1 Graphite Silver edition, users can disable the Preview Picture effects from viewfinder image while shooting to display a truly natural image composition just as they would see with an optical viewfinder.
The FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver edition is now equipped with a high-speed electronic shutter that has a maximum speed of 1/32000 second that can be set in 1/3 steps when using the FUJINON XF23mmF1.4 R, XF35mmF1.4 R, or the XF56mmF1.2 R lenses. Additionally, the mechanical shutter will not operate when any speed for the electronic shutter is selected for a completely silent shooting experience.
New "Classic Chrome" film simulation
Fujifilm's renowned image quality has been cultivated through the development of photographic films over the past 80 years and helps to reproduce warm skin tones, bright blue skies and rich green trees, just as photographers remember the scene. The FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver edition ships with the new ‘Classic Chrome' film simulation mode, which delivers muted tones and deep color reproduction
FUJIFILM X-T1 and XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR kit in black announced
For professional and enthusiast photographers who want the ultimate in X-Series image quality and weather-resistance, the FUJIFILM X-T1 and XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR will be available as a kit (black only) in late September 2014. The FUJINON XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR is a durable, weather-resistant zoom lens with a 27-206mm equivalent that has the world's most advanced 5.0-stop image stabilization system. With more than 20 sealing points for a dust-proof and weather-resistant design, the lens gives photographers a wide range of outdoor shooting capabilities. With the X-T1 and XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR combination, photographers can now have an outstanding shooting experience in a remarkably light-weight kit for this zoom range.
Exciting firmware update coming December 2014 (X-T1 Graphite Silver and X-T1 Black)
Fujifilm will release a free, comprehensive firmware update in December 2014 specifically for the new FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver and the original X-T1 Black that will give users exciting new features and controls to dramatically enhance their X-T1 shooting experience, including:
- AF Area direct selection – Users can select the focus area with the 4-way controller, without pressing the Fn Key.
- Function replacement for the AE-L/AF-L buttons - The currently locked AE-L/AF-L button function will now be interchangeable, depending on the user's preference.
- Focus Area size variability during MF – Users will be able to change the focus area in Manual mode during One Push AF with the AF-L button.
- Macro Mode direct selection – Users will be able to directly turn ON or OFF the Macro function in Auto Focus mode to expand the distance measurement range to the short-distance range. This will be possible without accessing the pop-up menu screen.
- Q Menu customization - The update will render the items and layout of the Q Menu, used for quick access of frequently-used items, changeable to the user's preference.
- Video frame rate selection - In addition to the existing 60fps and 30fps selections, 50fps and 25fps, as well as a 24fps selection will become available to users. 50fps and 25fps allow video editing in the PAL region, such as Europe and elsewhere, without converting the frame rate. The 24fps will offer movie-like video capture and play back.
- Video manual shooting – Users will be able to select ISO sensitivity prior to shooting videos, as well as adjusting the aperture and shutter speed during video shooting.
- Phase Detection AF support for One Push AF - With One Push AF, operated by pressing the AF-L button during manual focusing, the update will enable Phase Detection AF with quicker focusing speeds.
- Metering area focus area interlocking - The update will enable users to interlock the AF area position with the metering area when spot metering is selected.
- Expansion of the Program Shift setting area - The update will enable the current Program Shift, in which the low-speed side is 1/4 second, to be shifted to a maximum of 4 seconds.
FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver edition key features:
- 16.3 million Megapixels APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- Dust and water-resistant body with more than 75 points of weather sealing. Freeze resistance to 14°F (-10°C).
- EXR Processor II
- World's fastest AF of 0.08 seconds
- Startup time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.5 seconds
- Phase detection AF and motion predictive AF for continuous shooting up to 8 frames per second
- High-precision 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder
- Highest viewfinder magnification for digital cameras of 0.77x
- Wide viewing angle (diagonal 38° and horizontal 31°)
- Ultra-fast Real Time Viewfinder with a lag-time of 0.005sec (less than 1/10 of existing models) and new Natural Live View
- Four different display modes: Full, Normal, Dual and Vertical.
- Tempered glass 1.04 million dot high-precision 3" tilting LCD monitor
- Digital Split Image and Focus Highlight Peaking
- Completely electronic shutter up to 1/32000 seconds
- ISO200 - 6400, extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600, Auto (maximum ISO setting from ISO 400 – ISO6400 available)
- Die-cast magnesium body provides a sturdy and durable, while compact and lightweight design
- Interval timer shooting for Time Lapse photography is available with intervals of 1 second to 24 hours and up to 999 frames
- NEW ‘Classic Chrome' and other film simulation modes
- Focus Peaking function and Digital Split Image display
- Full HD video 1080p at 60fps; bit rate of 36Mbps for clear capture of delicate movements; frame rates of 50fps, 30fps, 25fps and 24fps, supporting worldwide motion picture formats
- Manual focus available during video recording
- Free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application and Wireless Communication function allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets via WiFi
- Photos can be sent to the INSTAX Share Printer using the free INSTAX Share App (iOS and Android) SHARE Smartphone Printer
- Leather Strap and Aluminium Hot Shoe Cover are bundled with the FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver edition
The FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver edition body will be available in late November 2014 for USD $1499.95 \ CAD $1499.99 in addition to the current FUJIFILM X-T1 black model.
The FUJIFILM X-T1 and XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR kit will be available in black only, in late September 2014 for USD$1,899.95\ CAD $1,999.99.
*1: Fastest AF speed among digital cameras equipped with an APS-C or larger sensor. Measurement conducted by Fujifilm research based on CIPA guidelines using the X-T1 equipped with XF14mmF2.8 R lens in High Performance mode as of January 2014
|Ruby Red Dress by cjf2|
from High key portrait with RED
|Follow me home by eaa|
from Shades of Blue in Nature