Flickr adds 'Photo Session' feature for real-time sharing and discussion
Yahoo has reiterated its commitment to Flickr, adding a 'Photo Session' feature to the photo sharing website. Photo Session allows the user to invite friends and family to join-in real-time slideshow/presentations, during which participants can chat about and even sketch on the images being show.
Flickr Launches New Product Features: Photo Session and the Flickr Android App
New Features Make It Easier For People to Share Their Lives and Discover Interesting
Images – Anytime, Anywhere
Today, Flickr announced two new product features – Photo Session and the Flickr Android App – both of which reaffirm Flickr’s commitment to innovation driven by online community conversations. These features make uploading, discovering and sharing photos more interactive, allowing community members to engage with friends and family on their favorite device (mobile or PC).
Photo Session from Flickr:
Photo Session from Flickr is a new interactive way to share Flickr photostreams and sets with small groups of friends and family, so you can browse photos and chat together in real-time, on your computer, iPhone, or iPad. Created during the last Yahoo! Hack Day, the release of Photo Session from Flickr underscores Yahoo!’s passion and commitment to continued photo-sharing innovation and product support for Flickr.
Starting a Photo Session is as easy as sending a link to a friend or family member, who can then access the photos via their icomputer, iPhone or iPad from any location. With Photo Session, users can share their photos with up to ten people at a time simultaneously, engage in conversations through an embedded chat feature, and even make notes on photos using the drawing tool.
Photo Session Use Case Examples:
- Just got back from your African safari? Invite your friends to a photo session and inspire wanderlust in one and all.
- Planning a wedding? Create a Flickr set filled with wedding ideas and show them to your BFF’s to help you pick the perfect dress.
- It’s a girl! Congrats! The whole family is dying to meet her. Set up a photo session to show off the latest pics of your newest member of the family and fill them in on every coo and gurgle.
- Doing a kitchen remodel? Document the process in a Flickr set. Then, share the tears and triumphs with your remodel-loving friends via Photo Session.
Check out the full Photo Session experience:
Flickr Android App:
The new Flickr Android App, the photo-sharing site’s first native application for Android devices, provides people with a simple way to capture and share beautiful, high-quality photos on the go.
- The Flickr App for Android with Camera: Snap pictures directly from the app with the innovative shoot & share camera. Transform your images into artistic snapshots by picking from 10 high-quality filters. Easily share photos across social networks and keep up with all of the social activity and conversations around the images.
- Instant Access to the Photos They Love: People have instant access to all of their photos, sets, favorites and profile information. Whether a user has 20 photos or 20,000, they can scroll through all of them by swiping across the screen and touch the image to view it in full screen, slideshow mode.
- Trusted Photo Experience Regardless of Where You Are: Flickr takes user privacy and ownership rights into account when building any product. The app’s download feature enables people to manage the privacy settings around who can download their images and offers tool for them to flag certain images.
As the premier digital media company and a leading brand in mobile, Yahoo! is committed to building rich, relevant and seamlessly connected experiences across every screen. Flickr is a key component of Yahoo!’s overall product strategy and mobile innovation, with the photo-sharing site continually developing rich experiences across multiple devices and platforms.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%