Ricoh announces Pentax K-3 Prestige Edition
Ricoh has announced a new 'Prestige' version of its Pentax K-3 DSLR. This special edition camera, which 'commemorates the many awards bestowed upon the K-3' (including from this website), comes in a special gunmetal gray color. The Prestige edition includes a matching battery grip, two batteries, and an 'exclusive' camera strap. If you want your K-3 to stand out from the crowd you'd better hurry, as only 2,000 kits will be sold worldwide. The K-3 Prestige Edition is priced at $1399.95.
RICOH IMAGING releases special-edition Prestige model of the award winning PENTAX K-3
Denver, Colorado July 23, 2014 In keeping with its tradition of excellence and the new standard of performance, RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION is proud to announce the launch of the PENTAX K-3 Prestige Edition.
The K-3 Prestige is a special-edition model of the original PENTAX K-3, the flagship of the K-mount digital SLR camera series. It comes in a stylish, high grade, gunmetal gray shade and commemorates the many awards bestowed upon the K-3 by revered photography publications and organizations such as; DPreview, PC Magazine, Imaging Resource, as well as the Technical Image Press Associations (TIPA) award for “Best Digital SLR Expert” in 2014. This illustrious version of the award winning K-3 will be available in a limited quantity making this special edition highly sought after.
The PENTAX K-3 Prestige Gunmetal Edition* will be made available in a limited quantity with only 2,000 units being offered worldwide. This limited-edition model features a sleek, gunmetal gray body with a BG-5 battery grip designed exclusively for the K-3. This makes it a perfect match for the HD PENTAX DA Limited lens series, which is designed for unrivaled image rendering. This special package also includes an exclusive, black leather strap, a gunmetal D-BG5 battery grip, and two dedicated batteries for use in both the camera body and the battery grip.
As the Premiere DSLR in Ricoh Imaging’s robust and full-featured APS-C lineup, the PENTAX K-3 brings unparalleled technology and advanced specifications presenting photographers with a solution that raises the bar while removing limitations. The K-3 provides an array of outstanding features, including high-resolution image reproduction with approximately 24 effective megapixels, a 27-point AF system, high-speed continuous shooting at approximately 8.3 images per second, high-precision exposure control with a newly designed 86,000 pixel RGB light-metering sensor, a new, large, high-resolution LCD monitor, and an optical viewfinder with the largest, brightness subject image in its class. The AA simulator, a highly innovative function developed specifically for the K-3, allows the user to effectively minimize moiré without actually installing an optical AA filter in the camera. This provides a choice of filtered or filter-free shooting for a given scene or subject. The K-3 also offers greatly-enhanced movie recording features and smartphone-accessible functions. The time-proven dustproof, weather-resistant body construction ensures dependable, flawless performance in the field.
Pricing and Availability
The K-3 Prestige Edition will be available at retailers nationwide and at www.us.ricoh-imaging.com in August, 2014 for a suggested retail price of $1399.95. To learn more about the comprehensive lineup of PENTAX products as well as other Ricoh Imaging products, please visit www.us.ricoh-imaging.com.
- The camera body and the battery grip are finished in a high-grade gunmetal gray coating to match both the black and silver colors of interchangeable lenses.
- The specially designed camera strap, included as a standard accessory, is made of artificial leather, and embossed with the lettering 2014 TIPA BEST DIGITAL SLR EXPERT and the PENTAX K-3 logo.
- Two dedicated batteries are included in the package for use in both the camera body and the battery grip.
- All components are packaged in a box designed exclusively for this product.
- The firmware installed in the camera body has been updated to the latest version (Ver.1.10)
- 24 effective mega-pixels in an APS-C sized CMOS sensor
- Fastest continuous shooting at 8.3FPS
- Selectable Anti-Aliasing Filter
- SAFOX11 Autofocus Module
- Real Time Scene Analysis with 86,000 pixel sensor
- FLU, Eye-fi Wireless, and SDX Memory card compatibility
- Professional H.264 video
- PENTAX body-based Shake Reduction (SR)
- Dual SD card slots
- Pentaprism Optical Viewfinder for 100% FOV and .95 magnification
- Fully weather sealed
- Multi-pattern white balance
- 100-51200 ISO
- HDMI port
- HDR Image Capture
- Magnesium alloy body w stainless steel chassis
Note: The camera body’s features and specifications are identical with those of the standard model, except for the firmware
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!