Tamron gives SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD price and availability
Tamron USA has announced pricing and availability of its SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD image-stabilized fast zoom lens. Canon and Nikon mount versions of the lens will be available from April 26th 2012, at a MSRP of $1299. The Sony version, without image stabilization, will follow at a later, unspecified date. The lens is compatible with both full-frame and APS-C cameras, includes a moisture-resistant body, and a rounded aperture for attractive background blur.
TAMRON ANNOUNCES WORLD'S FIRST  FULL-SIZE, HIGH SPEED STANDARD ZOOM WITH BUILT-IN IMAGE STABILIZATION - SP 24-70MM F/2.8 DI VC USD (MODEL A007)
New Super Performance full-frame zoom lens features class-leading resolution and Tamron's proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation)
April 5, 2012, Commack, NY －Tamron USA, Inc. announced the SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A007), the world's first1 full-size high-speed standard zoom lens equipped with VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), with resolution at the top of its class, will be available starting April 26, 2012 in Canon mount with Nikon mount following. Delivery of the Sony mount version has not been released.
- World's first full-size, high-speed standard zoom with built-in VC (Vibration Compensation). Even when shooting in low-light conditions with a slow shutter speed to render sharpness, Tamron's acclaimed VC allows for stable handheld camera work, to more fully enjoy the benefits of this high-speed zoom lens.
- Uses specialized high-grade glass in the three LD elements, three Glass Molded Aspherical Lenses, one Hybrid Aspherical Lens and two XR (Extra Refractive Index) glasses, delivering top-of-the-class quality images suited to this high-grade lens. Using a rounded diaphragm, the lens achieves gorgeous blur effects.
- Features USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) to power a speedy AF drive together with a continuous manual mechanism.
- This high-speed standard zoom lens has a wide-end focal length of 24mm that expands the photographic area.
- The lens adopts the new technology including the latest optical design, VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), all in a lighter and more compact package.
- Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent water from penetrating the lens.
1. For high-speed standard zoom lens compatible with full frame size SLR cameras. Current as of April 5, 2012. (Source: Tamron).
2. USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) is Tamron's proprietary ultrasonic motor drive.
3. The Sony mount does not include VC, because the body of Sony digital SLR cameras includes image stabilization functionality. The product name for Sony cameras is "SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di USD" without the VC designation.
4. This rounded diaphragm retains a nearly circular shape even when taken two stops down from its fully open state.
|Angle of view (diagonal)||84°04’ －34°21’ (for full frame 35mm format cameras)
60°20’ －22°33’ (for APS-C format cameras)
|Lens construction||17 elements in 12 groups|
|Minimum focus distance||0.38m (15.0 in)|
|Maximum magnification ratio||1:5|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Standard accessories||Flower-shaped lens hood|
|Compatible mounts||Canon, Nikon, Sony**|
* Length and weight values given are for the Nikon mount
** The Sony mount does not include VC, because the body of Sony digital SLR cameras includes image stabilization functionality. The product name for Sony cameras is “SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di USD” without the VC designation
Apr 3, 2015
Apr 2, 2015
Apr 2, 2015
Mar 9, 2015
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO