Nikon releases D4S firmware C:1.10
Nikon has issued a firmware update for the D4S. The long list of improvements included in this firmware version are mostly minor bug fixes and tweaks to menus and camera operation. With the firmware version, the camera's behavior in movie mode is changed when a menu is engaged and the record button is pressed. Also updated is the ability to use the zoom on/off option in playback to zoom in on the active focus point mode for images shot in live view. See the full details below.
Updates included with this release C:1.10 - dated August 26, 2014
- When SPORT VR mode, built into the AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR, is selected, the same continuous shooting rate available when OFF is selected is now possible.
- When memory cards with capacities greater than 128 GB were formatted with the camera, they were formatted using the FAT32 file system. They are now formatted using the exFAT file system.
- Operation has been changed so that when menus are displayed during movie live view and the movie-record button is pressed, the menu display disappears and display returns to movie live view. To begin movie recording, press the movie-record button again.
- The Zoom on/off option for playback mode with Custom Setting f1: Multi Selector Center Button can now be used to zoom-in on images with zoom display centered on the active focus point, even if they were captured with live view photography. However, the focus point will not be displayed.
- The Help explanation provided for the Preset focus point option under Custom Setting f19: Lens Focus Function Buttons has been revised.
The following issues have been resolved.
- When NEF (RAW) recording > Image size in the shooting menu was set to RAW S (Small), the number of shots possible with uninterrupted shooting (buffer capacity, C-REM) displayed by the camera differed depending upon the NEF (RAW) recording > NEF (RAW) bit depth setting selected.
- When Camera Control Pro 2 was used to take pictures with Record set to PC+CARD, and Secondary slot function in the camera's shooting menu set to Overflow, the shutter could not be released when the memory card in the primary slot became full.
- When Image review in the playback menu was set to On, images were sometimes not displayed in the monitor when the shutter was released while exposure meters were off.
- When images were output to an HDMI device, resolution seemed insufficient with display in full-frame playback mode (did not apply to playback zoom display).
- When images, captured with Image review in the playback menu set to On, and Auto distortion control in the shooting menu set to On, were automatically displayed in the monitor immediately after capture, auto distortion control was sometimes not applied.
- When the multiple exposure function was used to capture images with Image review in the playback menu set to On, and Auto distortion control in the shooting menu set to On, auto distortion control was not applied to the recorded images.
- When an image to which an image comment had been added was copied to White balance > Preset manual, only the first 24 characters of the image comment were copied.
- If log-in to the FTP server failed when network settings were applied with Wired LAN selected for Network > Choose hardware in the camera's setup menu, and FTP upload selected as the connection type and IP address acquisition set to Obtain automatically with the Connection Wizard, the IP address displayed when the camera tried again to obtain it automatically was "000.000.000.000".
- When a movie recorded at a frame rate of 30p, 25p, or 24p was played back on a TV to which the camera was connected via HDMI with HDMI > Output resolution in the the camera's setup menu set to 1080p (progressive), display on the TV was distorted.
- When a file containing an IPTC preset (IPTC information) that included double-byte characters in its profile was copied to the camera, the camera froze when attempting to view the contents of the IPTC preset.
- When Add items was selected for My Menu, OK was displayed even for items that cannot be added.
- When Language in the setup menu was set to Arabic, text and icons in some menu displays overlapped, and text was positioned too far to the right.
Updates included with the previous release C:1.01 - dated April 22, 2014
- When Custom Setting f1 (Multi selector center button) > Playback mode was set to View histograms, the histogram was not displayed correctly for the image played back in the monitor, even when the center button on the multi selector was pressed, when the following conditions were met. This issue has been resolved.
- Image quality was set to NEF (RAW) + JPEG fine, NEF (RAW) + JPEG normal, or NEF (RAW) + JPEG basic.
- An option other than "Overview data" or "RGB histogram" was selected for photo information displayed with full-frame image playback.
- With full-frame image playback with "Highlights" or "RGB histogram" display selected, image chroma (saturation) changed with flashing of highlights. This issue has been resolved.
- When images captured with Color space set to Adobe RGB were enlarged with playback in the monitor, image chroma (saturation) changed. This issue has been resolved.
- When Rotate tall in the playback menu was set to On, and an image captured in "tall" (portrait) orientation was enlarged slightly (playback zoom-in button pressed once or twice) with monitor playback, the image did not appear to be very sharp or clear. This issue has been resolved.
- With capture of a Compressed RAW image, followed by a Lossless compressed RAW image, with Image quality set to NEF (RAW), the camera was sometimes unable to correctly record the second RAW image. This issue has been resolved.
Dec 1, 2015
Apr 21, 2015
Apr 10, 2015
Sep 19, 2016
|Nikon D3300 24.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Zoom Lens andAF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II Lens -||$469.95|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%