Nikon reveals LD-1000 LED movie light for 1 System and Coolpix
Nikon has announced an LED movie light for its Coolpix and 1 System cameras. We could swear the LD-1000 was already available, but maybe that's because we've been seeing mockups of it attached to 1 System cameras at tradeshows for a couple of years. The lamp is fairly compact and uses LEDs behind a diffusion panel for soft, even light. Although it comes with a bracket to mount it onto compatible cameras, the LD-1000 can be hand-held for more control. It will be available next month at an MSRP of $99.95.
NIKON INTRODUCES THE NEW NIKON LD-1000 LED MOVIE LIGHT, A COMPACT LED LIGHT FOR NIKON 1 SYSTEM AND COOLPIX CAMERAS
The Nikon LD-1000 LED Movie Light Provides Additional Illumination When Capturing Still Images and HD Movies
MELVILLE, N.Y. (September 5, 2013) – Today, Nikon announced the new LD-1000 LED Movie Light, an optional lighting accessory for Nikon 1 and COOLPIX cameras. The LD-1000 LED Movie Light is compact and lightweight, making it convenient to take anywhere. Additionally, it features a built-in diffusion panel, enabling natural, even exposure and smooth textures with soft light. For further versatility, the bracket can be removed from the movie light, allowing it to be held in the hand for free control over the angle of lighting.
Primary Features of the Nikon LD-1000 LED Movie Light:
- Diffusion Panel for Soft Light that Enables Natural Rendering. The built-in diffusion panel evenly diffuses light for clear and consistent soft illumination. It also enables natural rendering of textures with minimal glare. The movie light can be used as an additional light source when capturing close proximity photography of still subjects like food, or as an additional light source for HD video.
- Continuous Lighting, The Degree of Which Can be Confirmed During Shooting. As the movie light emits light continuously, rather than momentarily as a conventional camera flash does, the degree and effect of the light can be confirmed in the live view display as it strikes the subject while shooting.
- Removable Bracket for Lighting From Any Angle. The movie light can be separated from the camera bracket, allowing users to adjust direction and height, as well as the distance of the light from the subject to achieve an optimal lighting angle regardless of the camera's position. Flexible control over the way a light strikes a subject makes natural rendering possible with a three-dimensional feel.
Price and Availability
The Nikon LD-1000 LED Movie Light will come in Black and White and will be available in October 2013 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $99.95*. For more information on this new Nikon lighting accessory as well as other Nikon products, please visit www.nikonusa.com.
* SRP (Suggested Retail Price) listed only as a suggestion. Actual prices are set by dealers and are subject to change at any time.
Specifications, equipment and release dates are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
Aug 30, 2016
Sep 1, 2016
Aug 31, 2016
Aug 29, 2016
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sadiqur_Rahman by Sadiqur Rahman|
from Ain't Going to Work on Maggie's Farm no More
|Airborne by John Beavin|
from - How to respect the Flag and Anthem - (Portrait in Full Colours + A Border)