15:00 JST: In addition to the announcement of three new Coolpix digital cameras Nikon has also today announced the 'Macro Cool-light SL-1' accessory. This ring-light screws onto the standard 28 mm lens thread of the Coolpix 950, 990, 995 or 4500 or the Coolpix 880, 885 or 775 with a step down adapter ring. The Cool-light provides a permanent white light (it's not a flash strobe, but a circle of white LED's). The Cool-light is especially useful when shooting macros which, on close focusing digital cameras are invariably difficult to light.
Nikon MACRO COOL-LIGHT SL-1 Features
- Compatible with the Nikon COOLPIX4500, COOLPIX 950, COOLPIX 990, COOLPIX 995, COOLPIX 880 *1, COOLPIX 885 *2 and COOLPIX 775 *3.
- More than 6 hours of continuous operation possible with two lithium batteries
- Shooting distance up to 12cm/4.7 in. makes hand-held operation more flexible
- Flat-front design makes possible 2cm macro photography with COOLPIX 4500 and COOLPIX 900 series cameras
- Compact, lightweight design ensures portability and comfort
*1 Via Step Down Ring Lens Adapter UR-E2
*2 Via Step Down Ring Lens Adapter UR-E4
*3 Via Converter Adapter UR-E3
Nikon MACRO COOL-LIGHT SL-1 Specifications
|Light source||8 white LED's|
|Power source|| 2 x CR2-type 3V Lithium batteries
Optional external power supply (6-8.4V, 200 mA)
|Continuous use|| Approx 6 hours|
|Dimensions||70 x 91 x 21 mm (2.8 x 3.6 x 0.8 in)|
|Weight (with batts)||78 mm (3.1 in)|
|High Altitude Rocky Mountain Railroad by cjf2|
from On the Rails...
|Evening at the lake. by Murat ÜNSAL|