Lomography offers pre-order package for Petzval 85mm F2.2 SLR lens
Lomography has announced that its Kickstarter-funded Petzval portrait lens is now available for pre-order in Canon and Nikon mounts. Based on a 19th century optical design, the 85mm F2.2 lens has a brass lens barrel, a 'gear rack' manual focusing mechanism using a knob on the side of the barrel, and a set of drop-in 'Waterhouse stops' to change the aperture. The pre-order package costs $599 from Lomography's website, with a current delivery estimate of May 2014.
THE LOMOGRAPHY X ZENIT NEW PETZVAL ART LENS
Due To Huge Demand: Now Available for Pre-Order on a First Come, First Served Basis
- A Very Special Portrait Lens: The Petzval offers creative possibilities and produces fantastic photos like no other lens; get extreme sharpness, strong color saturation, artful vignetting and stunning swirly bokeh
- The Perfect PreOrder Package: After an extraordinarily successful Kickstarter campaign and just in time for the holidays, the Lomography x Zenit New Petzval Lens has been made available for pre‐order
- What’s In The box? The Petzval Lens Preorder Package features all kinds of photographic treats for you to enjoy
VERY SPECIAL PORTRAIT LENS
The Lomography x Zenit New Petzval Lens is a reinvention of one of the first and greatest lenses of all time. Manufactured in Russia by Zenit, each New Petzval lens is crafted from brass and features high‐quality glass optics. The lens produces images with extreme sharpness, strong color saturation, artful vignetting and absolutely beautiful swirly bokeh. Because of the characteristic swirly bokeh effect that it produces, the New
Petzval Lens is perfect for portraits where you want your subject to be the center of attention. The lens is a reinvention of the legendary 19th century optical design of Joseph Petzval; with the New Petzval, for the
first time ever you can easily get the Petzval photographic look with Canon EF and Nikon F mount analogue and digital cameras.
THE PERFECT PREORDER PACKAGE
In August 2013, supported by over 3000 generous backers, the Lomography Petzval Lens Kickstarter project became one of the most successful Kickstarter design projects ever. Now, due to incredibly high demand and just in time for the holidays, the New Petzval Lens has been made available for pre‐order in the Lomography Online Shop. The pre‐order lenses will be delivered on a first come, first served basis – Order now and secure your piece of photographic history!
It is currently estimated that pre‐order lenses will be delivered in May 2014. This is because of the extremely limited monthly production capabilities and the meticulous craftsmanship of the optical technicians who
manufacture the lenses at the Zenit factory in Krasnogorsk, Russia.
INTERVIEW WITH GEOFFREY BERLINER: A PETZVAL PIONEER
Geoffrey Berliner, Executive Director of the Penumbra Foundation and the Center for Alternative Photography, has a collection of over 2000 Petzval Lenses. He commented on the fact that that Lomography have reinvented the lens: “The Petzval has got all kinds of optical qualities that you can either keep or avoid, and that’s what makes it interesting. For us [the Penumbra Foundation] it was a very exciting thing to hear that Lomography had the insight and vision to look backwards in time to create a technology that would work perfectly with
the technology that exists today”.
Watch the video interview with Geoffrey Berliner about the New Petzval Lens:
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
The New Petzval pre‐order Package features a whole range of treats to enjoy, including extra goodies which won’t be available when the lens is offered for regular purchase…
- New Petzval Art Lens
- New Petzval Art Lens Book
- 7 Standard Aperture Plates
- 4 Experimental Aperture plates
- Petzval Lens Cleaning Cloth
- Petzval Lens Leather Pouch
- New Petzval Lens Brass Lens Cap
- Focal Length: 85mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.2
- Apertures: Waterhouse aperture set, up to F/16
- Image Circle: 44mm
- Field of View: 30 degrees
- Lens Mounting Profile: Canon EF and Nikon F
- Electronic Contacts: No
- Closest Focusing Distance: 1m
- Focussing Mechanism: Gear Rack Focusing
- Filter Thread: 58mm
|© Coco Alexander For Lomography||© Filip Zrnzevic For Lomography|
Dec 7, 2016
Nov 15, 2016
Nov 1, 2016
Oct 20, 2016
|Valley by the light of a blue moon by cjf2|
from Down in the Valley
|Lake Erie Stone Pier by yobbyt|
from Dock or Pier
|Hong Kong by Zephyr1977|