Sigma has today announced a new constant aperture wide angle zoom lens, the 24-60 mm F2.8 EX DG. This lens is designed to be compact but also 'fast' (large, constant maximum aperture) and to provide a usable zoom range for digital SLR users, on a Nikon digital SLR this lens would have an equivalent field of view of a 36 - 90 mm, on a Canon 1.6x digital SLR (10D, 300D / Digital Rebel, etc.) of 38 - 96 mm.
Sigma 24-60 mm F2.8 EX DG lens
The large-aperture, wide-angle zoom lens that is an excellent compact companion for digital SLR cameras
- Fast f/2.8 constant aperture
- Compact Design of just 87mm in length
- Minimum focusing distance of 38cm with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:5.8
- Two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements and four aspherical glass elements for maximum image quality
- Internal focusing to allow use with circular polarizing filters and a petal shaped hood
- Zoom Lock eliminates 'zoom creep'
The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new 24-60mm F2.8 EX DG lens.
This is a compact zoom lens with a large aperture. With an overall length of 84.7mm, it is the smallest zoom lens in its class?. It is capable of taking pictures at close quarters, with a minimum focusing distance of 38cm at all focal lengths and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:5.8. It is a very effective lens for close-up photography.
Two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements are provided for effective compensation of color aberration, which is a common problem with wide-angle lenses. Four aspherical lenses, one moulded glass type and three hybrid aspherical types, offer excellent correction for distortion as well as all types of aberration. The design concept of this lens is especially suitable for the characteristics of Digital SLR Cameras.
New coating reduces flare and ghost, which is a common problem of digital cameras and also creates an optimum color balance.
This lens has excellent correction for "vignetting", which is a common problem of large aperture lenses. The design ensures sufficient illumination of the corners of the image.
Apr 13, 2007
Mar 28, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4