Fujifilm has unveiled the FinePix S200EXR advanced super zoom - a successor to the FinePix S100FS. Incorporating a 12MP Super CCD EXR sensor and an optically-stabilized 14.3x (30.5-436mm) manual zoom lens, it offers CCD-RAW (EXR) and JPEG shooting and three bracketing options. It also includes a new Pro Focus and Pro Low Light mode and improved battery life. It features a 2.7 inch LCD and an electronic viewfinder.
The FinePix S200EXR – EXR Sensor Pushes Bridge Quality to New Levels
22 July 2009: Fujifilm is pleased to announce the FinePix S200EXR, a worthy successor to the award-winning FinePix S100FS. Aimed at top-end enthusiasts looking for excellent picture quality without the expense of a DSLR system, the FinePix S200EXR combines the pin-sharp 14.3x zoom lens so popular in the FinePix S100FS with the latest 12 megapixel Super CCD EXR sensor, which has won a string of awards since its introduction in the FinePix F200EXR.
Compact, lightweight bridge cameras offering long zoom and high image quality have proved a big hit with those looking for an alternative to bulky interchangeable lens systems. Users of the FinePix S200EXR will find their results equal or superior to DSLRs, principally due to revolutionary design of the EXR sensor.
The key improvements of the FinePix S200EXR over the FinePix S100FS are:
- 1/1.6” 12 megapixel Super CCD EXR sensor
- EXR Priority modes and EXR Auto
- Pro Focus Mode and Pro Lowlight Mode
- 5 Film Simulation Modes (Black & White mode and Sepia mode is added)
- A new 2.7” high contrast 230k dot LCD
- New ‘Super Intelligent Flash’
- Improved battery life – almost a 50% increase on the FinePix S100FS
- Combined CCD-RAW (EXR) / JPEG shooting
Super CCD EXR
The EXR sensor on the FinePix S200EXR was built to perfectly match the optical qualities of the 14.3x lens. The goal was to produce a sensor/lens combination that works as close to that of the human eye as possible. The EXR sensor is essentially a switchable sensor; changing its complex electronic behavior to suit the subject, changing its characteristics as the photographer demands, and producing the very best picture without making compromises.
This sensor has already won great acclaim with the FinePix F200EXR. Combined with the much bigger, more powerful 14.3x lens, it delivers quite astounding results. The FinePix S200EXR offers 3 switchable modes in one sensor:
- High Resolution (HR) mode, which deploys all 12 million pixels, and is designed to offer the finest detail of intricate subjects when light is full and even;
- Wide Dynamic Range (DR) mode, which captures different exposures with two sets of 6 million pixels, which, when combined, gives an excellent level of detail in highlights that would otherwise be lost.
- High Sensitivity and Low Noise (SN) mode, which caps two adjacent pixels together to produce 6 million large photodiodes, which are big enough to absorb light in the darkest of conditions, to produce low-light shots of extraordinary quality with minimal noise and grain.
The FinePix S200EXR offers EXR Priority Mode, which is the most efficient mechanism yet invented to quickly optimise the camera's settings to allow the photographer to concentrate on capturing the perfect shot. The Photographer can decide which sensor setting is preferable by choosing High Resolution Priority (HR) to maximize resolution, High ISO and Low Noise Priority (SN) for high quality low-light work or D-Range Priority (DR) for the best detail with contrasty subjects.
Also, the FinePix S200EXR features EXR Auto Mode, offering 6 settings: Portrait, Night, Macro, Landscape, Night Portrait and Backlit Portrait. The camera will recognise the scene and not only will optimise focus, colour balance, exposure, flash and sensitivity, but will also automatically switch the sensor to HR, SN or DR mode depending on the lighting conditions of the scene.
Super Sharp Lens
The massive 14.3x zoom lens is truly a delight to use in such a compact, lightweight design. The ultra-high precision Fujinon lens achieves maximum resolution at all focal lengths of 30.5mm-436mm equivalent with maximum aperture of a bright F2.8 (wide angle) to F5.3 (telephoto).
Because of the composite body and lens structure, there is no need to worry about dirt or dust on the Super CCD EXR sensor, and they are perfectly aligned for the very best results. The mechanical zoom offers image framing with fingertip precision as well as offering a user experience that closely matches the use of a high-end DSLR.
Pro Focus Mode / Pro Low-light Mode
In all EXR cameras, the EXR Processor and the Super CCD EXR sensor work closely together to guarantee exceptional image quality. In the latest models including the FinePix S200EXR, newly researched Multi Frame Technology has been added, and along with it Pro Focus Mode and Pro Low-light Mode.
Pro Focus Mode works by taking a burst of 2 or 3 frames, and analysing the distance between the subject and the background. The camera then is able to take the main subject and crisply matt it against a defocused foreground and background.
Perfect for portrait or nature photography, Pro Focus Mode should be used when professional results are desired, with minimal adjustment to the camera, and without the need to edit your photos afterwards on a PC. The results from the FinePix S200EXR will look as good as those from a DSLR, or better!
Pro Low-light Mode should be used when you are trying to avoid noisy low light shots. With conventional camera models, it is possible to achieve relatively blur-free low light shots using high ISO and CCD shift (or optical image) stabilization. But this comes at a cost, as the ISO 1600 setting will invariably produce distracting and ugly noise.
Once switched to Pro Lowlight Mode, the camera will take burst of 4 high sensitivity images using Pixel Fusion Technology * in quick succession. It will then deploy Multi Frame Technology to overlap the 4 images to create one, single image with extremely low noise.
One of the more popular features on the FinePix S100FS is repeated and extended on the FinePix S200EXR. The FinePix S200EXR offers five modes as follows:
- Velvia/Vivid mode for rich and luscious landscapes.
- PROVIA/Standard mode for excellent, sharp, standard photography.
- ASTIA/Soft mode for soft, fine, smooth tonality.
- Black & White mode captures the dramatic honesty of your image in black and white.
- Sepia mode creates a sense of nostalgia with the warm brown “antique” tones of Sepia.
In Velvia and ASTIA modes, the dynamic range can be now be set to 800% to improve highlight detail further.
Only Fujifilm has developed its camera technology from its photographic heritage in film, which allows the FinePix S200EXR to capture subtle changes in tone and colour reproduction and provide the photographer the widest latitude for the ultimate creative expression.
New High Contrast 2.7” LCD
The FinePix S200EXR is fitted with an improved high contrast 230k dot 2.7” LCD. The high contrast LCD is a considerable benefit in bright light. The High Contrast LCD means that the camera can be pitched at various shooting angles to enable framing of awkward shots. Viewable at angles of up to 160 degrees both vertically and horizontally, the LCD is bright and clear for easy and beautiful preview of your shots.
Super Intelligent Flash
Super Intelligent Flash is a flash control technology that lets you take flash-assisted shots without the danger of flash wash-out. Integrated into the AUTO mode, this next-generation flash system makes it easy to capture both subjects and background in bright, clear and natural detail over the full flash range. For those needing much better flash control for close-up and macro photography, the FInePix S200EXR will take the guesswork out of achieving perfect pictures at the touch of button.
Dual Image Stabilization
The FinePix S200EXR features Fujifilm's Optical Image Stabilization technology guaranteeing clean, sharp and blur-free images, even in low-light conditions. This technology combines Optical Image Stabilization to reduce blur from the photographer's hand-shake, with Fujifilm’s High ISO setting, to reduce blur caused by subject movement (by automatically increasing ISO), for the ultimate in stabilisation technology.
Manually set the capture
In the FinePix S200EXR it is possible to set shutter speeds of between 1/4,000 second and 30 seconds. By adjusting the manual controls it is possible to take photos with diverse expression by combining ISO sensitivity, which has a broad range of setting choices, and multiple apertures of between F2.8 - F11 at 1/3EV steps. Using the manual exposure setting, a bulb exposure of up to 30 seconds is possible. The colour, noise reduction control, tone and the sharpness can also be individually set.
The FinePix S200EXR has three bracketing functions useful for high level photography: Film Simulation Bracketing (which automatically sets Film Simulation to PROVIA, Velvia and ASTIA for simultaneous capture of three frames), Dynamic Range Bracketing (which automatically sets dynamic range to 100%, 200% and 400% for simultaneous capture of three frames) and AE Bracketing (which automatically sets exposure range to even, under and over for simultaneous capture of three frames).
- Combined CCD RAW (EXR) / JPEG shooting
New to the FinePix S200EXR is the ability to shoot both a RAW and JPEG shot simultaneously **. RAW is for ultimate quality shots via post processing: JPEG is for great quality with no need for further work.
- Battery life extended
With improved power management, the FinePix S200EXR can now shoot 370 shot (TBD) per charge of the included NP-140 Lithium Ion battery, so there is no need to worry about power running out half way through a photo shoot.
- Movie Mode
The FinePix S200EXR can record movies in 640 x 480 at 30 frames per second. The optical zoom can be used during movie recording.
- Electronic View Finder
The camera is fitted with a 0.2” 200k dot EVF, for sharp and clear images via the viewfinder.
The FinePix S200EXR in summary:
- Super CCD EXR 1/1.6” 12 Megapixel switchable sensor
- EXR Priority Modes and EXR Auto Mode
- Fujinon 14.3x optical zoom (30.5mm- 436mm)
- Manual barrel zoom
- High Contrast LCD monitor 2.7” 230K dots
- Electronic View Finder (EVF), 0.2”, 200k dots
- Ultra High Sensitivity (Up to 12800 at 3MP resolution)
- Pro Focus Mode / Pro Lowlight Mode
- Dual Image Stabilization (ISO and Optical Image Stabilization)
- 5 Film Simulation Modes
- Up to 800% increased Dynamic Range
- Face Detection 3.0 with Automatic Red-eye removal
- 3 Bracketing functions (Dynamic Range, Film Simulation and Auto Exposure)
- Super Intelligent Flash
- Simultaneous capture of both JPEG and CCD RAW (EXR) images
- Movie Mode with sound (640 x 480, 30 fps) with zoom function
- Custom modes
* Pixel Fusion Technology: Technology of Fujifilm changing the colour filter arrangement. Two side-by-side, same-colored pixels are taken together as a single pixel. The area of imaging elements is doubled, the sensitivity is twice the normal level, and "dark noise" is extremely small. Therefore, it is possible to create a high sensitivity image with little noise, instead of increasing the gain from a single pixel and increasing the noise.
** CCD RAW files captured by S200EXR cannot be converted with FinePixViewer included in the CD-ROM. Updater of FinePixViewer for conversion of CCD RAW files will be available from Nov, 2009.
1/1.6 " Super CCD EXR
• 4:3 : 4000 x 3000, 2816 x 2112, 2048 x 1536
|Movie clips||• 640 x 480 pixels, 320 x 240 pixels @ 30 fps
• AVI (Motion JPEG )
|File formats||• JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.2 )
• Uncompressed CCD-RAW (RAF format)
• Movie : AVI (Motion JPEG ) with sound
• Audio: WAVE format, Monaural sound
• Fujinon 14.3x Optical zoom lens
|Digital zoom||Approx. 2x|
• Auto Focus
|AF area modes||
|AF assist lamp||Yes|
|Focus distance||• Normal: Wide angle: Approx. 50cm to infinity, Telephoto: Approx. 2.5m. to infinity
• Macro: Wide angle: Approx.10cm to 3.0 cm Telephoto: Approx. 90cm / to 3m
|Metering||TTL 256-zones metering|
|Exposure modes||Programmed AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority, Manual|
|Shuttter speed||Auto : 1/4 sec to 1/1500 sec
All other modes :30 sec to 1/4000 sec
|Aperture||Wide: F2.8 – F11
Tele:F5.3 - F11
• Mode dial: Auto, EXR, FSB, SP,C1, C2, P, A, S, M, Movie
|White balance||• Automatic scene recognition.
• Preset (Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light and Custom
|Self timer||Approx. 10 sec./ 2 sec. delay|
|Continuous shooting Modes||• Top-6 Hgh speed Top-24
• Last-6 Hgh speed Last-24
• Auto flash Effective range: 7.2m
• 2.7 inch
• USB 2.0 High Speed
|Video output||NTSC / PAL selectable|
|Storage|| Internal memory (Approx. 47 MB)
• SD/SDHC memory card
|Power|| Rechargeable NP-140 Li-ion battery (included)|
|Weight (no batt)||Approx. 835 g|
|Dimensions||133 (W) x 94 (H) x 145(D) mm
5.3 (W) x 3.7 (H) x 5.7 (D)
Jul 12, 2012
Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012
Jun 28, 2012
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Orange-tip Butterfly by anisah|
from Nature's Colour Palette
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power