Studio scene comparison
Sigma SD10 vs. Canon EOS 10D
- Sigma SD10 vs. Canon EOS 10D - native output sizes
- Sigma SD10 vs. Canon EOS 10D (2286 x 1512) - downsampled EOS 10D image
- Sigma SD10 (3072 x 2048) vs. Canon EOS 10D - upsampled SD10 image
Downsampled EOS 10D image (2268 x 1512)
- Sigma SD10: Sigma 50 mm F2.8, Aperture Priority, ISO 100, JPEG
Manual WB, Default Photo Pro 2.0 settings
- Canon EOS 10D: Canon EF 50 mm F1.4, Aperture Priority, ISO
100, JPEG Large/Fine,
Manual WB, Default Parameters
|Sigma SD10 (2268 x 1512)||Canon EOS 10D (2268 x 1512)|
|ISO 100, 1 sec, F10||ISO 100, 1 sec, F10|
|2,427 KB JPEG||1,053 KB JPEG|
Downsampling the EOS 10D image so that it's the same size as the SD10 produces an interesting result, and image almost as sharp as the SD10 image but far easier to compare side by side. Again the SD10 appears to have the edge, certainly in sharpness and a lack of sharpening artifacts, although there really is very little between the two. In this scenario each output pixel of the EOS 10D image is actually made up of 1.8 input pixels.
|Keyboard Corner by SilvanBromide|
from Show Us KEYBOARDS!
|Moss Point Blue by Gary Zuercher|
from The blues.
|Ljubljana by SSonic|
from Streets #6: Streets in Monochrome
|Music written in landscape by Schjeldal|
from Abstract Photo - Landscape