Pressing the MENU button in record mode overlays the shooting menu over the live scene preview.
The menu is split over three tabbed sections which can be accessed by pressing MENU, cursor off the page (press left) and cursor down, or simply scrolling down to the bottom of one page and onto the next. * Cursor refers to the 4-way direction pad.
With an option highlighted you can roll the command dial to change that
option's setting or you can press the right cursor to open up the menu
and select an option from this expanded menu.
Shooting Menu: Page One
|User Setting **|| A
- Full Auto
|White Balance|| Auto
White Balance Preset
� Speedlight (Flash) *
Choose the current white balance mode, those white balance settings marked with a * can be fine tuned +/-3 levels.
Spot AF Area
|- 256-segment matrix metering
- Meters only a small central portion
- 80% to the central quarter
- Spot meter only selected AF area
- Approx. 3 fps
- Approx. 1.5 fps
- 16 640x480 frames on an image
- SXGA or smaller, 3 fps
- 320 x 240, 30 fps
- 320 x 240 max 60 sec with audio
|Best Shot Selector|| Off
|Image Adjustment|| Auto
|Sets tone parameters for cameras internal image processing algorithm|
|Saturation Control|| +1 Maximum
Black & White
|Sets colour saturation parameters for cameras internal image processing algorithm|
** Note that there appears to be a bug in the current production firmware which can lead to corruption of settings between user sets, notably metering modes.
Record Menu: Page Two
|The 5700 requires new add-on lenses, to begin with there will be a wide angle lens (WC-E80 0.8x) and telephoto lens (TC-E15 ED 1.5x).|
|Exposure Options|| AE Lock - Off, On,
Maximum Bulb Duration
|Focus Options|| AF Area Mode
|This menu provides you with control over the way the camera selects the AF area mode, whether it evaluates auto focus all the time (continuous) or just when you half-press the shutter release and when focus confirmation (LCD image sharpening effect) is used.|
|Image Sharpening|| Auto
|Sets image sharpening parameters for cameras internal image processing algorithm|
|Auto Bracketing|| Off
3 / 5, +/- 0.3, 0.7, 1.0 EV
|Noise Reduction|| Off
Clear Image Mode
|When set to 'On' the noise reduction system will use dark frame subtraction to remove noise from long exposures.|
|Reset All|| No
Record Menu: Setup
* Shutter Release Speed is a new feature unique to the Coolpix 5700. When set to 'Quick Response' the camera allows you to take the next shot extremely quickly, if you press the shutter release again while the record review image is shown the camera will take another shot with the same settings as the last shot (focus, white balance, exposure etc.). This can be very useful for 'pumping' a few shots of the same subject and does seem to work very well (see timings & sizes page for exact performance).
Nikon Coolpix 8700 8MP Digital Camera
with 8x Optical Zoom