Canon Accessories - Lenses
Below you can see each of these lenses attached to the G2 via the LA-DC58 adapter.
Here's what the G2's manual says about add-on lenses:
- An externally mounted flash may not automatically adjust its output when a conversion lens is mounted on the camera. You may have to set the camera to manual mode and set the shutter speed and aperture to appropriate settings in this case.
- Do not attach filters or lens hoods to the wide converter or tele-converter.
- When using the built-in flash to shoot, a portion of the image may be blocked by the wide converter or tele-converter and appear dark.
- When using the viewfinder to shoot, a portion of the image in the viewfinder may appear to be blocked by the wide converter or tele-converter.
- Use the wide converter lens with the focal length set to the maximum wide angle setting.
- Use the tele-converter lens with the focal length set to the maximum telephoto setting. At other zoom settings, the image will not appear correctly.
Canon Accessories - SC-PS700 soft case
The soft case has a belt loop on the back and a single loop on the right side which can be attached to the camera strap. At the back of the case is a small compartment for a spare Compact Flash card and / or the remote control.
Canon Accessories - 420EX Speedlight
According to the G2's manual: The following functions can be used with a Speedlite 220EX, 380EX, 420EX or 550EX.
- Auto Exposure (Use the E-TTL mode with a 550EX)
- FE Lock (Not available in M mode)
- Daylight Synchro
- Slow Synchro
- Flash Exposure Compensation (If a Speedlite 550EX is used, the 550EXs settings take precedence if both the camera and the flash are set to E-TTL mode and the flash exposure compensation is set. The cameras setting will not activate.)
- Auto Zoom (Not available with the 220EX)
Canon Accessories - MR-14EX Macro Ring Lite
Here's what the G2's manual says about the MR-14EX:
- Shoot from a distance of at least 20 cm (8 in.) from the subject in macro mode. To shoot closer up, use the Av or M mode and set the aperture to a higher value.
- When you are using Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX, you can shoot in E-TTL automatic flash exposure compensation mode just by setting the cameras shooting mode to P, Tv or Av. You are recommended to use the Av mode for full-fledged macro flash photography. Since the aperture cannot be set freely in mode, it is not recommended.
- The following functions can be used with Macro
Ring Lite MR-14EX mounted.
- E-TTL Automatic Flash Exposure Compensation
- FE Lock
- If the exposure compensation has been set on both the camera and Macro Ring Lite, the Macro Ring Lite settings take precedence and the cameras settings will not activate.
Canon CP-10 Card Photo Printer
The G2 (just like the IXUS 300, IXUS v, A20 and A10) supports 'direct printing', this is a Canon specific communications protocol which allows digital cameras to be connected directly to compatible photo printers (currently only the CP-10 dye-sub card photo printer).
The CP-10 can produce 3.4 x 2.1 in photo quality prints, connection is made by the "digital" (USB) port with a single cable, the SET button now becomes a 'Print' button or you can select multiple images through the DPOF menu. Functionality has been enhanced on the G2 with the addition of the new 'Trimming' option which allows you to select a 3:2 ratio rectangle from the image which will make up the final print.
Other Canon Accessories
BP-511 / BP-512
Availability of accessories may vary by region.
|Canon PowerShot G3X Digital Camera- 20MP, 1" Sensor, 25X, f/2.8-5.6, 3.2" TP, HD||$929.00|
|Canon PowerShot G16 12.1 MP Digital Camera 16GB Kit||$399.00|
|Canon PowerShot G7 X Black Digital Camera||$649.00|
|Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II 13.1 Megapixel Compact Camera||$749.00|
|Canon PowerShot G7 X Black Digital Camera||$649.99|
|Canon EVF-DC1 Electronic Viewfinder for PowerShot G1 X Mark II Digital Camera||$240.86|