Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35

Wideangle prime lens | Canon EF, Pentax KAF, Nikon F (FX)
citrontokyo

This lens is made to be used wide-open. Sure, it'll get even better stopped down, but this really is the lens you want for low-light shooting. In the 35mm neck-of-the-woods, the Zeiss lens is sharper and more contrasty on my Pentax k5 it's than any of the DA 35 2.4, the Sigma 30 1.4, the DA 40 ltd and the FA 43ltd, in my experience, although the DA 40 also had some pretty good contrast from the get-go. The image is also very even across the frame, if that's important to you, and as a result ...

Clueless Wanderer

It's Da' Bomb. Except 1) that once you put a Nikon NC filter on it (IMHO best protection filter on the market), you can't remove the lens hood. Except 2) If you shoot facing a flash/strobe, the flare gets all nasty. Other than that ...It's Da' Bomb!

Having the 100 as reference bar isn't easy at all, yet the 35 shows its goods in everyday shooting. What really surprises me is its ability and image quality in close focusing (although not macro, you can approach common subjects to a remarkable extent) and in wide open to relatively wide apertures. An accurate focusing at f/2 is already able to achieve wonderful image quality that is steadily and slightly improved up to f/5.6 when the lens is at its top. Despite this lens is made for ...

julinsimn

Hi, I have the ZF.2 version and I use it with my D7000, so different in image quality and so nice to use it. I shot mostly street and documentary and, at least for me, is the best partner for my work. You have to be used with the manual focus but is only a few days, after that, you feel that you are doing the right things. Spend the money and enjoy it!