Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX

Wideangle zoom lens | Canon EF, Nikon F (DX), Sony/Minolta Alpha | AT-X 116 Pro DX
KC Davis

I have a hard time complaining about this lens. I love it indoors, it's built is pretty good, it looks good and functions great on my D7000 and I enjoy its focal range. And..... you just can't beat the price.

Great product for the price.  Check out the live reviews in YouTube for further details. My experience is this:  if you can live with manual focus (have a DX Nikon), then perfect.  If you want to spend a bit more for the NEWer version II, which is supposed to autofocus with Nikon DX models - get that one. Product appears sturdy via metal and plastic combo.  For about $475 get it - make Movies and take Pictues with it!

Was looking for a 24mm or wider for DX D90 ( & D7000 + D70s ).  Very limited options.  Chose this initially over the expensive Nikkor 14-24, thought bought that one latter.  And over the 12-24 Nikkor, a lens I can't stand for every reason, and over the 10-24 Nikkor.  A lens that is not technically very good and perhaps even bad, but a lens I love for it's look.  I also prefer the Tokina over various other zooms.  Plus Zeiss primes. Owned or own all of those now.  Quite clearly the Tokina ...

richiebee

Positives - - sharp when manually focused. - feels solid, well made with a good resistance to the focus and focal length rings. Negatives - mine doesn't focus properly on autofocus on my D90. - lens flare is a problem when facing anywhere near the direction of the sun, and the wider angle means your own shadow gets in the picture in the opposite direction.  So its not so fun to shoot on sunny days unless you're looking way off into the distance, away from the sun.

Boydsta

Nice lens for the price but, and there always is a but, This is the worst lens for huge ugly green flare circles when shooting into direct sunlight.  Landscape photography is the reason i had purchased this lense. Tokina need to understand what what the end users view this lens as before they throw any old glass into it and charge twice as much as the Samyang 14mm. If you want a mid priced landscape lense this is not the best of the l ow end units and like i said horendous for flare.  Soft in ...

io_bg

I bought this lens (first version) last month second hand. Fell in love with it immediately though it's not perfect. I've been researching for an UWA lens for a long time while saving up money for it. Ken Rockwell's review made me want to buy it. Later on I decided the Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 would be a better option because of the wider range but the higher price put me off. Then I thought the Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 could be a good replacement since it's cheaper but I read mixed reviews ...

O5iris

Is a great bang for your buck, but don't expect the same performance of a 17-35 2.8 or a 14-24 2.8. You get what you pay for. I love it because it gives me true WA in my D200 but it's in a different cathegory. Don't believe every amazing review of this lens. It is VERY GOOD but it's not as good as the WA Nikons.

I've purchased this lens without knowing much about Tokina brand but based on reviews and material I could find. I've been a strong follower of Canon and Nikon lenses in the past, always been a bit skeptical about mid-range brands. Turns out this actually is a decent lens after all. Tokina's built quality is great (Japan), much better than Sigma and Tamron. Rings are smooth, looks good and feels solid, motor is pretty quiet overall does a great job. I found it a great lens on cropped sensor ...

Its very sharp when stopped down (3.5 onwards). Very soft at F2.8 (May be my copy is an exception). F4 to F8 its outstanding. Well build. Smooth zoom. The lens do not extend on zooming. Front does not rotate. Every movement is internal. Great colour and contrast. Amazing details captured when the subject is at a relative short distance. Problems: Very soft at F2.8 (may be sample problem).