Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro

Lens | Canon EF, Nikon F (DX), Pentax KAF, Sony Alpha

I ordered this lense for my Nikon D2X camera to use for an upcoming wedding shoot... my test results are extremely well, even focuses well and on the spot. This lense just replaced my two other lenses, a Nikon 18-55 kit and a 55-200 Nikon lense. No need to switch lenses to have wide angle, then for a zoom. This Tamron works just fine for a very affordable price... without any comprises :)

I HAVE JUST BOUUGHT AND TEST THE TAMRON 18-200.FOR ITS PRICE .IT HAS VERY GOOD IMAGE QUALITY ,SHARP AND CLEAR IMAGES WITH VIVID COLOURS. ALSO INCLUDING HOOD , AND ITS AN ALLTIME LENSE.ALL THESE BENEFITS IN LOW PRICE (ABOUT 190 EUROS) Problems: NOT SO GOOD BUILD QUALITY (CHEAP PLASTICS, PLASTIC MONTOUR MOUNT), SLOW AUTO DOCUS, BUT ALL THESE DISADVANTAGES IS LOGICAL FOR THE LOW PRICE.

ttherzeg

Normally, I would only purchase Canon lenses for my DSLR due to the image stabilization and auto-focus; however, lenses made by Canon can tend to be very pricy. For Christmas, I received this lens as a gift. I always was under the impression non-name brand lenses were cheap, UN-reliable, and did not have the features an actual Canon lens has for the Canon DSLR. One of the first things I noticed when I unwrapped the lens was the 6 year warranty. The lens also came with a hood, (which I find ...

I received this lens used, second hand. The only thing I can say good about it is I sold it for more than was paid for it, somehow. This one had the built in focus motor for Nikon cameras. The focus was jumpy and there was no instantaneous override of the focus and the external focus ring moved with focusing. I don't have much need for the instant override, but not turning while focusing is a big benefit over the Nikon version. Build quality was poor, it didn't not feel like it was assembled ...

I've bought this lens for my Pentax K7. It seems it have a great build quality. I've never noticed any deformation on the pictures. Great all-purpose-lens. Problems: After unlocking the "Lock button" it could occur, that the zoom didn't work. Just turn the zoom some times to the left and to the right, then it will work properly again.