Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS

Announced Aug 24, 2011 •
Telephoto zoom lens | Sony E (NEX) | SEL55210/B

I decided to buy this lense just because it is lighter and smaller from 70-200 f4.0. It is a good lens and very worthy for the price. However, using the lense in low light condition is not an ideal. It is a nice choice for a SonyNEX user who does not want to carry a heavy tele lense.

Bought this as a open box buy and was to use on my NEX-5N. Which I never really did. Just recently used it for the first time on my new A7II and was impress even though it is not full frame. Still got some nice shots out of it even if they did drop to 3936x2624

I was torn between getting this lens or spending a lot more on the 18-200. Since I had both a NEX 3 and a NEX 5N I could put the 18-55 on the NEX3 and the 55-210 on the NEX 5N. I travel with two cameras, sometimes 3 but not having to change lenses except under rare conditions made sense to me, dollars and cents, and would speed up my shooting ability. While I could not match shooting speed using the single 18-200 lens I don't think I would miss many shots with my two camera set-up. The 55-210 ...

Taureau Global

I'm pretty happy with this lens. It does not pick up exactly where the 18-55 zooms to but it's pretty close. lovely size, a great lens for hiking with.