Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake

Announced May 11, 2010 •
Wideangle prime lens | Sony E (NEX) | SEL-16F28
pwmoree

Have been using it for 2 years. Interior shots are great. Good quality and very cheap. I got it foor 110 us$ on ebay.

I have been using the 16mm f/2.8 E-mount Sony lens for about two years now and for the latter year coupled with the great wide-angle adapter VCL-ECU1 that essentially converts the 16mm to 12mm. There are many detractors concerning this lens, however, few seem to account for the cost vs. performance. Basically, for less than 150$ one gets a 24mm equiv. (35mm format) wide-angle lens that is small, light weight and pocketable. Certainly, wide open at f/2.8, the optical performance shows ...

chanpion01

I really loved shooting with this because of how wide angle it is. a bit of distortion round the edges but great for when you are in the corner table of a restaurant and you are squeezed in the corner you can still shoot everything in the picture. i like the aperture. 2.8 so it has great low light performance. Problems: i would like it to be smaller so that it could fit in my pocket easier. i don't like looking like a tourist so i hide it in my pocket.