Sony Mavica FD-92

Announced Feb 9, 2001 •
Judy Pochard

bought my fd92 over a year ago. There's not a camera out there I've found that has all the features I really want. This comes close! I agree a traditional viewfinder would be helpful. I'm a Realtor, and many of my fellow agents are unhappy with their camera choices - main complaints being battery life and puny zoom. Features I particularly appreciate include: Battery lasts a long time. I bought the extended battery when I purchased the camera and sold it after a month because I ...

james julian

problems after 6months. I bought this camera 6 months ago and really enjoyed all the features including the floppy aspect. However 6 moths later I cannot charge my battery past 7 minutes, I am currently trying to get ahold of sony which has been very difficult, they did not return my intial email over a month ago. Problems: see above

Don Bails

I have had this camera for 5 weeks and keep finding more&more useable features.You can take a picture then while viewing it you can zoom the pic to any size you want then just click the shutter to take a picture of the zoomed image,this is done without distubing the original.Also with the digital zoom on you can take a picture zoomed in to the max then while viewing you can zoom it in even further(What a feature for animal watchingalso could be useful in security measures.I use the 1024x768 ...

Peter B.

I love the camera. The only thing hard for me to get used to is there is no traditional viewfinder. You have to look at the lcd screen to frame your shot. I find the optical zoom very easy to use.

Great camera with many features. Get a 64 MB Memory Stick. It cuts down on having to constantly change the floppy disk after every 6 to 10 pictures. The manual is loaded with many features and easy to read instructions. I learned something new each time I picked it up. The MPEG feature is great and self timer works well with pictures or MPEG. Problems: LCD Back light can be too bright when taking pictures at night or in the dark (even at low setting) and sometimes difficult to see in ...

I have two sony cameras, a dsc d770 pro and the fd92... of course it doesn't match the 770 but I love the feature where you can zoom a shot up on the play mode {with your zoom lever on the front} and hit the shutter release and presto you have another complete close up of a shot that you took previously that you might not have thought you needed at the time. GREAT FEATURE!!!! TRY IT!!! Problems: none

It takes big pictures so they do not lose resolution by scaling up to print. I like using floppy disk, pop in pop out. Great close up. Problems: NO

I like using either floppies or the memory stick. I have taken great images using the memory stick at sunrise and sunsets. I bought a memory stick reader and downloading my images to a cd-writer, it saves time. The camera is great! Problems: No problems

It's a great camera, especially the quality and it's easy to use although it's bulky. Problems: None

rmiller

Perfect tool for the job. Just bought one of these for my company to be used by non-technical people. The main requirement was to keep it as simple as possible. We use it to document construction projects. Returned a more expensive and complicated camera in favor of this one. No software to install or learn. No cables to mess with thanks to the floppy. Great zoom coverage. Very satisfied.