Sony Mavica FD-85

Announced Feb 3, 2000 •

My camera was a gift. The camera should contain a floppy disk with purchase. The Sony disk would be a nice feature for future purchase by consumers. The camera is great, however, the price could be lowered just a bit. Problems: None as yet.

Chris Fichera

I have had this camera since July 2000. Overall I love this camera. Big advantage is the use of floppy media. Also love the MPEG mode. My son plays football and basketball, so the mpeg mode is a must for me. Only minus is the slow shutter speed. Hard to catch fast sports action. Only a 90 warranty. Problems: Had to send the camera back to sony to have a new floppy drive installed. $140 fix. Drive broke after the 90 day warranty.

good camera i like the floppy disk and movie mode. Problems: lcd light

The obvious advantage to this camera is the ability to use a standard floppy disc in the camera. Also that this disc can then be placed directly in the computer and the photos used with no cable hookup or downloading from the camera. Problems: The problems that I have found exist with the ability to see and focus through the LCD screen on the back of the camera when outdoors in bright daylight. Also that in my case this is the second camera that I have had in this model that is giving me ...