Sony Mavica FD-81

Announced Nov 16, 1998 •

http://patriot.net/~koke/Mavica/faq/ your answer is on this page.

I bought this camera for $800 USD in October/1998 and still use it today (November/2001). The stock battery is lightweight so I upgraded to the heavy-duty version soon after purchase. The picture quality is OK as long as the lighting is good and you take the time to allow the camera to focus. Even so, I've taken many a blurry picture for no apparent reason and frequently have resorted to manual ring to ensure focus. The zoom is wimpy, and the flash is useless unless you are within a few feet ...

answer for Fernando --C:13 error code tells you the unformatted disc or bad disc is in camera.

Haven't had as much use as expected because of requests to borrow it. Finally guided my sister to the Sony shop. Going to trade it in for a smaller model with video output. However I have a sneaky feeling that i'm going to miss it. Problems: Size price and limited zoom. If you like a big camera and can get an S/H one cheap -go for it and look out for an added zoom.

Stephen

This an excellent snapshot camera. Assuming you don't want to print your photos at large sizes, it's easy to use and offers solid color reproduction. It's features are not particularly robust, but it is quite convenient and saves me the cost of printing a bunch of photos that I don't really need to show anyone. The fact that it writes to disk is a real time saver, too, since I don't have to hook the camera into a computer to carry my photos with me. Of course, I bought this camera used ...