Sony Mavica FD-75

Announced Feb 9, 2001 •

I like my new Sony Mavica FD-75 I am just not sure I am using it to it full avantage is all.... like what is the EV- and + EV what it means and how does it help with the pictures etc. Problems: The accessories are expensive I find

acmeron

My first camera, and I'm still using it. It cannot be beat for auto-focus close ups. I go down to one inch easily, you don't have to switch to macro like other cameras. I only use it for listing on Ebay, so it is great for that purpose. You don't need a lot of pixels, and it is very simple to use. Problems: Not of much use outdoors because you can't really see the viewing screen in the sun.

highwaykind

THis was my first digital camera, although it's not a lot of Megapixels I thought the image quality was very good. And I could make about 40 ( If I remember correctly) pictures on one floppy disk, which are very cheap and easy to change once the disk is full. Battery drain is OK, I never had to use a spare battery ( I did take 10 disks of pictures during a 3 hour concert) But .. Problems: ... after 1, years the zoom mechanisme broke down. I sent it to Sony Netherlands and repairing the thing ...

Rosey

This camera has all the great qualities I have been looking for before purchasing this brand. The pictures are great and the best part is I don't have to keep upgrading memory. I love the ease of floppy disks and just inserting the disks into my computer to get my pictures. I'm glad I made this choice, it pays for itself by not having to purchase memory, film, and film processing.

James Dainis

For an easy point and shoot camera to post pictures on the web, monitor, or e-mail, this camera is excellent. The use of floppies is a definite plus, just snap the photo, pop the floppy out of the camera and into the computer A: drive and there you are, no cable connections or software needed. Take pictures at work or a friend's house and use their computer to show the photos. If they want copies, just hit "Disk Copy", pop in a blank floppy and in a half minute hand them their copies. It ...

Bob Wieters

For taking stills this is a great buy, however, for taking action shots for sports such as football the lens is not fast enough nor is the auto-focus. Pictures are our of focus. I am now shopping for a better camera for action shots. Problems: slow lens and focus for action type shots.

I have been taking pictures for the past 4 years with a Canon EOS . I just recently decided to try digital. WOW!! I am very dissapointed with the quality of the images. I am have since this purchased educated myself about digital cameras. For someone who knows what a good print is I feel that I should have gone with a 3 or 4 pixel camera. I indend to bring this camera back and buy a better camera before I give up on the digital world.

Fantastic Camera with good features and fantastic Zoom Problems: none so far

Trev

Have owned this camera for about a year. The floppy disk is great for sending pics when you are away from your computer since no special program is required to view the pics. Judging it by its mega pixel rating alone would be to highly misjudge this camera. For 5 x 7 or smaller prints this camera, with a good printer will give you great outdoor prints. However my indoor photos have not been as good. A lot of noise is picked up on photos taken inside, mostly in lower level lighting. This can ...

I PURCHASED THE 75 MODEL BECAUSE OF THE EASY USE OF THE FLOPPY DRIVE THERES NO DOCKING STATION REQUIRED LIKE THE KODAK AND NO ADAPTER LIKE THE DIGITAL CAMERAS THAT USE MEMORY STICKS Problems: NONE