Sony Mavica FD-73

Announced Mar 3, 1999 •
AkeH

My first digicam used 5 years. Handy to use. Problems: Poor picture quality.

Lorri

This was my first digital camera and at the time was good value for money. I found it took really great macro's, way ahead of it's time. to see some of these photos go to:-http://valentinesworld.ezhoster.com/garden.html I still use it for some closeup work. In all a good camera for it's time. Problems: None

Decent pics forthe price.Especially when you dont have to pay for film.Make sure pic is in focus,otherwise any program you use will NOT do justice.Try Ultrasnap for a small(yet powerful program-but wont fix redeye) or Microsoft picture it photo 2002. Problems: flash didnt work when l bought thru Yahoo.Bought a flash thru Ebay(for cheap)-better pics but redeye sometimes.

This was my first digital camera and I still use it frequently. The image quality is good in adequate lighting, but quite poor in medium to low light scenarios. I do not advise getting this camera unless you plan on using it only in bright light conditions. Picture is VERY grainy if there is not enough light. Problems: Grainy photos in medium and low light conditions.

Camera worked fine until hard drive failed. Paid $175.00 amd hard drive failed again right after short warranty period. Wanted $175.00 to repair again. Problems: Hard drive in camera is a piece of junk Failed twice in short time period.

This is an excellent camera to you beggin, but for a professional, it's bad. The quality of that in some situatios is very bad, with pontialized pictures. The JPG quality isn't good, and the size of pics also. Problems: There's no problem. I had it one year, and doesn't have problem.

Travis Kish

I am posting this for my mother. The camera is about a year and a half old, and use to take great pictures. Ease of the floppy drive makes it easy to use, even my dad which isn't the most technical person can operate it and take pictures with ease. It has been on several trips to our cabin, and the weather isn't the easiest on it, but kept dry in the carring case. Problems: Problems, it use to take very good quality pictures. Slowly it has started taking horrible pictures. It is more ...

I have owned this camera for 2.5 years and use it to to record back up material for work as a watercolour artist during travels.I have taken more shots in that time than the last 20 years using film and has made me a better photographer.Excellent for webpages;just the right size.Virtually free from expensive film and development cost. Problems: None at all.A view finder during bright light would be great.highly reccommended fro a digital newbee.

I have used this camera mostly for web auctions and have found it to be a valuable tool. It can take macros great and that helps to show the customer the product. I also use it for general photo shooting and love the Sepia mode. The floppies are great. Just shoot and put in your A drive and you are ready to go. Problems: Flash tends to be too bright. I usually turn off the flash or use the lowest flash setting.

I must have got a lemon. Problems: Photo resolution is so poor that most subjects are not reognizable. Most shots are blurred; all need color / brightness correction.