Sony Mavica FD-73

Announced Mar 3, 1999 •

I have had my Mavica for over 2 years and have been very happy with it. I use it mainly for uploading pictures on the net, for small pictures the clarity is great but would prefer to have the same type camera with a higher resolution, ie: 2.3 mega pixels would be ideal. The floppy disc is really a great feature. Problems: LCD display is hard to see in sunlight, Flash is too bright, I find I never really use it. Clarity is not good on a PC full 14" screen

Easy to use, easy to view with disks that fit just about any computer therby avoiding having to connect the camera to a computer at all. Great for the "layman" who is NOT into complicated gadget cameras. Problems: None so far!

I am a science teacher and have found the Camera very easy to use for myself and my students. Storing/copying/transferring photos is very easy and the picture quality is more than adequate if viewed on a computer monitor. Close up focusing is excellent. Even my young children ( 5 and 3) can use it to take pictures. Problems: LCD screen can be difficult to see in bright light outdoors.

this is a great camera for anyone who is a beginner. i am 18 and taking a photography class in high school and i totally love it. the image quality is awsome if your not planing on printing bigger than 5x7 prints. the features are easy to use, and the LCD screen is large enough to see the lettle details in the photographs. i would highly recomend this camera to anyone. Problems: no problems encountered.... yet... :)

Easy to use, I like recording straight to a floppy Problems: Can not shoot pictures close together, you have to wait about 10 seconds, I had mine 4 months, out of warranty, cost me $139 to get fixed, that is terrible.

The close focus on this camera is terrific. It can close focus to 1/2 inch. No macro setting needed; just keep moving the camera closer and closer to the subject. Here is the back of my watch that I took by an open window with the camera about 2 inches from the watch: http://www.geocities.com/dainisjg/gruen45.JPG The 10X zoom lens is also very handy. The lens is equal to a 40 - 400 mm zoom lens on a 35 mm camera. The camera uses regular floppy disks for the storage medium. I just take the ...

I've been using the camera for over a year now and I am still very happy with it. It is a good camera for what you pay for it. Very easy to use, not too big, pictures turn out very good, battery is great. I feel it is an excellent camera for an amateur photographer. Problems: The flash is too bright, but I just don't use it 99% of the time. Don't need it in regular light inside or out . . . only if it is acutally dark do I use it. I would like a view finder.