Sony Mavica FD-73

Announced Mar 3, 1999 •

This is an excellent camera to you beggin, but for a professional, it's bad. The quality of that in some situatios is very bad, with pontialized pictures. The JPG quality isn't good, and the size of pics also. Problems: There's no problem. I had it one year, and doesn't have problem.

I'm very dissappointed with this camera. The quality of the picture is very poor. The picture is very grainy, if the lighting to me is not good you don't get a good picture.

As this is my first digicam, I bought the FD73 for its price, simplicity, ease of use, unique diskette storage and large 2.5" LCD screen. I'm not disappointed, to say the least! On my large 20" computer screen the "Normal" mode" images look just "Fine"! Even after severely cropping images, they remain remarkably sharp. Love the 10x zoom. Indoors and outdoors out of the sun the LCD screen is great. In "Normal" mode I make an average of 25 pictures per diskette. Problems: I miss the time ...

Travis Kish

I am posting this for my mother. The camera is about a year and a half old, and use to take great pictures. Ease of the floppy drive makes it easy to use, even my dad which isn't the most technical person can operate it and take pictures with ease. It has been on several trips to our cabin, and the weather isn't the easiest on it, but kept dry in the carring case. Problems: Problems, it use to take very good quality pictures. Slowly it has started taking horrible pictures. It is more ...

I have owned this camera for 2.5 years and use it to to record back up material for work as a watercolour artist during travels.I have taken more shots in that time than the last 20 years using film and has made me a better photographer.Excellent for webpages;just the right size.Virtually free from expensive film and development cost. Problems: None at all.A view finder during bright light would be great.highly reccommended fro a digital newbee.

Very disappointed with this camera .Picture quality is very poor when using the zoom feature. Pictures are very grainny . I have being using this camera for about a year now.I think this camera should be used for mainly setting up web pages. Problems: You can not see the screen on sunny days. I found the more you used the zoom the picture qualtiy real dropped off.

I have used this camera mostly for web auctions and have found it to be a valuable tool. It can take macros great and that helps to show the customer the product. I also use it for general photo shooting and love the Sepia mode. The floppies are great. Just shoot and put in your A drive and you are ready to go. Problems: Flash tends to be too bright. I usually turn off the flash or use the lowest flash setting.

I must have got a lemon. Problems: Photo resolution is so poor that most subjects are not reognizable. Most shots are blurred; all need color / brightness correction.

I've been doing photography for over 20 years. I own 3 Canon print cameras but wanted something quick and easy to post pictures on the web. I found it in this camera. I love being able to use the floppy on any computer (I travel a lot) without having to worry about the software. Though my next digital camera will probably be a Canon Elph, this is a wonderful camera. Problems: The LCD screen is hard to see in sunlight.

For the money this camera was a great deal when originally purchased. I still use it daily to document what's going on with our outdoor train set. The images are small enough and of decent quality to make it perfect for web based images. I have even used this camera for astrophtography with very good results. I have great images of the moon, Jupiter and even Saturn with it's awesome rings. Problems: No real problems with any part of the camera.