Sony Mavica FD-73

Announced Mar 3, 1999 •

This was my first digital camera and I still use it frequently. The image quality is good in adequate lighting, but quite poor in medium to low light scenarios. I do not advise getting this camera unless you plan on using it only in bright light conditions. Picture is VERY grainy if there is not enough light. Problems: Grainy photos in medium and low light conditions.

Have owned the camera for almost 3 years, and we love it. It has been to many special events. Taken approx. 3000 photos. Problems: none so far

Very handy to use. Problems: Low light photos ahve poor quality focus.

Have taken outdoor pictures with this camera for two years, no problems encountered, once immersed in water,came back to normal after hanging for one day, sample photos taken with this camera can be seen at http://www.canadianthunder.com. an excellent camera, average 10 shots per day for 2 years and still ruinning. Problems: LCD should have a protector, as it is difficult to keep clean after hours hanging around the neck and chafing on the shirt.

I have had this camera for 2 years, and considering it ony has a .3 mega pixel, feature, it has been a great camera. I see why the pixel count is low, because Sony wants to keep the floppy disk feature. The zoom is outstanding! Any other camera with a 10x zoom, is in the 1,000.00 range. Excellent camera for the starter/multiple image user... Problems: Had 1 disk of pics go bad, maybe because of floppy failure?

Great camera for email and web postings. With so many family living far and wide we like the convenience of having the .jpg files on a disk. Many times we have stopped at a web cafe while travelling and emailed our pictures to friends and family which would be impossible with flash media and memory sticks etc. I like the many features the camera has (set the flash strength, picture quality, format disk and different picture effects). It's a wonderful camera for people who don't know alot ...

SONY MAVICA FD73 THE CAMERA IS GREAT FOR GOING OUT AND TAKEING A 120 PICTURES OF SCENIC ITEMS. Problems: VIEWING THE VIEWFINDER IN BRIGHT LIGHT

Camera worked fine until hard drive failed. Paid $175.00 amd hard drive failed again right after short warranty period. Wanted $175.00 to repair again. Problems: Hard drive in camera is a piece of junk Failed twice in short time period.

Love the ease of use with the floppy disk feature. I don't think I would ever switch to a digital without the floppy disk feature. I have had a large number of photos published online and in print with this camera. Problems: Becomes grainy in low light situations

This is the perfect camera fot those who don't care about image quality (but I do!) Problems: Terrible image quality.