Sony Mavica FD-73

Announced Mar 3, 1999 •
gemeinladie

I've owned this Camera since the spring of 1999. I've probably taken 10,000 pictures with this camera. It has been a great camera and a great investment. I've never had any problems with this camera at all Problems: none

AkeH

My first digicam used 5 years. Handy to use. Problems: Poor picture quality.

R O Titus

Why so many 5's ? The value of a camera has to be based on how well it does what you use it for -- that said, my FD-73 soldiers on as a star performer for my eBay ad images -- giving me particularly good macro shots -- recently it's been used to shoot photo club print winners for web & print newsletter -- no complaints on either score -- Sure, I use another camera for more "serious" work but this little Sony has been totally reliable and never disappointed me. Problems: every so often there's ...

Lorri

This was my first digital camera and at the time was good value for money. I found it took really great macro's, way ahead of it's time. to see some of these photos go to:-http://valentinesworld.ezhoster.com/garden.html I still use it for some closeup work. In all a good camera for it's time. Problems: None

rjoyon

at the time, it was ok to use, the best asset was ×10 zoom and the "quality of portrait"taken from 4m. quick stockage and internet use... Problems: nothing happen in 4 years of rought usage...

Decent camera for someone starting out. Floppies make great film, don't have to worry about uploading. Macro lens on top of the 10x zoom made the camera really nice Problems: Image quality got to be poor for anything bigger than 4x6...including 8x10's. I'm looking for another camera, because I want better prints

Had it for 3 years and got good results. Loved it. Problems: For current owners: If the Disk Eject does not work: Do not pull the disk out by tweezers or forceps. Take the camera to a repair center or call Sony at and it is possible it can be fixed. I managed to junk mine by pulling the disk out AND THEN trying to force a new disk IN. Not a good move.

Nice about this camera is the floppy-drive. That's why I bought it 18 months ago. When I go on holiday I want to shoot pictures as much as I like and don't have to worry about the available memory. However, don't try to make pictures indoors without using the flasher and when you do use it, even then quality often is very poor. Finally 640x480 is good for viewing at the pc or tv, but terrible when you decide to print it on-line. Problems: Taking pictures indoor (bad quality) and not being ...

No thanks. Only good thing the camera has is the floppy disk. But there is no sense of picture quality on the camera. Quality is close to 0. Problems: Yes, somebody gave me this camera to use at work.

Decent pics forthe price.Especially when you dont have to pay for film.Make sure pic is in focus,otherwise any program you use will NOT do justice.Try Ultrasnap for a small(yet powerful program-but wont fix redeye) or Microsoft picture it photo 2002. Problems: flash didnt work when l bought thru Yahoo.Bought a flash thru Ebay(for cheap)-better pics but redeye sometimes.