Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W7

Announced Feb 19, 2005 •
Harvey

Have used this camera for a week. Wow! it is sharper, has less noise and excellent color. Very little touchup required to make excellent 8 by 10 prints...even cropped at 50%. Whatever Sony has done for this camera they got it right! I rarely use my my Konica/Minolta now except for telephoto and raw work. Using this camera with auto settings the pictures are excellent, and with manual setting using the histogram, they are cracking! If you have compaints about this camera not funtioning well, ...

For me this camera took very soft pictures. Even though I selected large file size and fine compression modes. The file size was 3+ MB but generally soft. My 4 year old F-100 took sharper pictures. It's a pity, because I really liked the camera.

silkwom

Excelent camera for an amateur user. The image quality is excelent the LCD screen more then enough for any user. AA bateries are a plus. And the ease of use is wonderfull. Overall an excellent camera. Problems: Batery life could be better, but the fact that it uses AA bateries solves the problem.

I looked at it in the store. My only comment is I hate LCDs (in the back) that are so big with only 110,000 pixels. An LCD that big needs 240,000 pixels, like Sony puts in their T1/3/7 & H1 or at least 140,000 pixels like in the Sony p150 or P200.

ondras64

I have this camera for few weeks and so far I am very impressed. Very fast. Image quality very good for PS camera. Battery life is incredible. I am still testing and I will edit later. Problems: Feels little bit heavy. No sport mode.