Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W300

Announced Feb 25, 2008 •

I bought my W300 in 2008 and have taken thousands of photos since then. Results made/make me very happy. Pros: manual controls, image quality, titanium body, sensitivity Cons: only 3x zoom

amazing camera. i've owned a few canon ixus models in the past - and the lens quality, to me, is so much better. little noise, very fast response, great scene detection - a great compact. shame i lost mine at luton airport on the 22.08.09. Problems: plastic battery cover - not really an issue, but a bit cheap.

To start things off, please. Do not listen to the reviewers who said that the lens is poor. The lens on this camera, when compared to the lens on the Canon Sd790IS, Sd1100IS, Sd1200IS and SD770IS, simply trumps them in every way - from middle to the extreme corners of the image. The canon, however, becomes very blury toward the edges giving a kind of "motion" feeling - not the sony. Some say the canon shots look for colorful and eye-popping. To achieve shots like this, simply go into program ...

Have a Sony Mavica that sometimes is a little cumbersome. Lotta bang for the buck here for the average user who wants an east-to-use camera that takes great pucs. Problems: Battery life seems alittle short.

I picked up a DSC-W300 for some of my girls to use for those "bathroom mirror" self taken shots for our website Divinity18.com (not work safe!). The camera is very easy to use and the image quality is actually pretty good. It didn't exhibit the typical chromatic aberration that used to plague Sony P&S cameras. 640x480 video was pretty good too, if you have sufficient light. The pre-made picture modes are convenient, but a little confusing... I'm used to my Canon 1-series I guess. ...