Sony Cyber-shot DSC-U50

Announced Aug 15, 2003 •
2 megapixels | 1 screen | 33 mm
worse6

An excellent 'take anywhere camera' that for its size and megapixel count produces remarkably good pictures. The rotating lens means it is great for gigs and over the crowd shots. Typical sony top quality build - apart from the cheap plastic lens cap - but hey it does the job. Outdoor shots can be superb, indoors you have to work on keeping the camera absolutely still otherwise shots tend to blur. Highly recommended as a second camera - my other camera is a V1 - reasonably comapact but the ...

Got this tiny camera at a sale at SGP$249 as a replacement for my girlfriend's U-20. It works pretty much the same as the U-20. Love the twist lens. However I feel the U-20 works better. The buttons on top of this unit is kind of hard to use. It is basically a point and shoot camera. Nothing fancy. Good for a beginner. Problems: Can't say much about the lens protection. Very limited funtions, but this means ease of use.

Almost instantly replaced my Minox habit. Imagine a Minox sized digital with a 33mm lens f2.8 (not 3.5) ADJUSTABLE f stops, (not on Minox) auto focus (not guess focus) and you save about $25-$30 film purchase and developing costs per roll. Great pocket camera, conversation piece, digital daily diary. It's a blast. And it takes pretty good 2mpx shots. Problems: Wish there was a classy and quick to use case. Love / hate relationship with lenscap.

Monoobo

It's small. That's why I got it. I can carry it around in my pocket all the time and get pictures quickly and easily. The startup time is very fast, and it focuses reasonably quickly too. In bright daylight the picture quality is remarkable; in low light, it's pretty bad. However, it's the perfect complement to my Canon 10D, which is too large to take with me everywhere. Battery life is quite good too; uses standard AAA batteries, but it comes with some nice high-capacity NiMH ...