Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T9

Announced Nov 1, 2005 •
chris33

This camera is simply stunning...! The only reason it doesn't get a 5-star rating for picture quality is you probably wouldn't believe me... Problems: None what so ever.

Great Camera - SONY is really listening to its Customers. I have taken a number of test images for your review. These images have been captured with SONY's DSC-T9 camera, with no out-of-camera post image processing other than cropping, and no Photoshop work whatsoever. The Camera's internal settings generally are: Program mode with Sharpness and Saturation both turned up one tick for images to DSC00043; For images DSC00044 and over, the Saturation remains up one tick, the sharpness setting ...

Andy G

One thing that is very good is the LCD screen. If you compare the Sony T9 to Canon's latest SD630 the Canon's screen looks so bad - less pixels and an extremely soft image. The Sony screen is smaller but with more pixels and much much sharper & clearer. If you put the cameras side by side the Canon LCD looks terrible.

satorib

Excellent pocket cam, with IS. Small enough to take anywhere comfortably. I had an older T1 and this camera improves upon it in every respect. Better images, flash, and ISO performance. Problems: No.

Best overall subcompact, with the addition of higher ISO, cleaner lower ISO and image stabilization. Problems: None.

Clement

Easy to use. Compact size. Excellent LCD display. Good day time picture quality. Problems: Weak Flash. 2 sec shutter speed is too short.

jvdg

I have used many digicams and SLR's, this is my 5th or 6th one. I was attracted by its compact size and stylish looks, and good specs and as an unobtrusive camera it fits easily in your pocket too. I got the black version. It gives you good picture quality, good color, iso 640 is usable for 6x4 prints, steady shot works as indicated and can be a lifesaver in indoor situations. I even got 1s shots by using two hands and got sharp results. Batterylife is excellent. Noise become visible from 320 ...

High ISO performance is great for such a small cam. ISO 320 is very usable. Image stabilization is most welcome too. Sony did a nice job making improvements over earlier T cameras with the T9.

I picked this up for the times I don't want to take my Nikon D50 with me. I am very happy with the image quality and the IS comes in handy. Shots up to ISO 320 still look pretty clean when printed. The majority of my shots have been well exposed with accurate color, not too oversaturated. I can't say that I have experienced some of the issues that the previous reviewers have mentioned. I would recommend this camera to anyone looking for a nice compact digital camera. Problems: Not to date.

There's a lot to like and a few things not so much. For one, the build quality is excellent. It's small and feels good in your hands - better than any other T-Series Sony except perhaps the T7 - though that's a whole different animal. The LCD tend to saturate colors pretty heavily - they don't look that way on the computer - but this is fairly minor. The battery lasts long. I like the type of charger Sony uses - no cord. The IS seems to work well, but really this camera shouldn't be sold ...